Search

[Rumour] LH F & FCT going away?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2019, 4:34 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by worldclubber
I've had a number of conversations with the bartenders at both the FCLs and the ZRH SEN whisky bar and they all reported the same annoying behavior: people, particularly of a certain regional background, frequently ask for the most expensive drink and/or the oldest whisky, (most likely) solely for bragging rights at the office; taste is completely secondary. Some don't even like whisky and just hold the oldest bottle available next to their head, take a pic and instagram it, and return the bottle.
Sounds like something I would expect from many Europeans when they hear the bar is open and everything is covered no matter how expensive.

As an American who drinks as much alcohol at airports as former-President GWB and current President DJT drink nowadays, don't worry about me raiding LH's stock before or after the uber-drink drinkers or LH finish off the expensive stuff.

Is 6000 EUR to get to HON worth it for those drinks?
Old Nov 14, 2019, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Oh, yes !!! That’s just the Louise I get through.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Sounds like something I would expect from many Europeans when they hear the bar is open and everything is covered no matter how expensive.

As an American who drinks as much alcohol at airports as former-President GWB and current President DJT drink nowadays, don't worry about me raiding LH's stock before or after the uber-drink drinkers or LH finish off the expensive stuff.

I added to my post above that most of your countrymen and women are not like that. „Most“ includes you.

I would spend 6000 in a heartbeat, if I didn’t have to do the point runs associated with it.
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by chris63
On one long-haul return.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
So there is no urgency to tear down the FCT in the near future.
Unfortunately, they would probably find a different use for the building.

SleepOverGreenland did not say that they plan to demolish but to close it.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 5:05 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by chris63
I think that my body can't afford that much time flying in LH's miserable economy class seats, as I would probably need way more than 6000 EURs of physical therapy annually after doing a 6000 EUR run for HON in a year.

Now to see what comes first: 6000 EUR HON run or LH announcing the end of LH First.
terbangalways likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 5:20 am

Programs: Flying Blue, BAEC, VAFC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
No, no. the European approach is to drink as much as possible of what's strongest, not what's most expensive.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 5:33 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by DeeGee26.2
No, no. the European approach is to drink as much as possible of what's strongest, not what's most expensive.
Depends where you go.

I think that at least seen from Europe the stereotypes are a little different:
  • Brits and Australians and to a (only slightly) lesser degree Scandinavians make being shot out by too much alcohol consumption a criteria for having a "fun night"
  • Russians drink as much, but it's more constant, and they are less drunk.
  • Americans, Germans and Dutch like drinking, but as will all things related to food and drink don't care how bad the stuff is as long as it "does its job" (=food: makes me less hungry; drink: has alcohol). Hence the often un-selective drinking of any "beer" (Bud light - yikes) and the actual existence of Sekt
  • French, Italians: more selective and more spread over time. Although less and less, it's still more common to have wine at lunch. The Brits are shocked, "What? Alcohol over lunch?", only to then a few hours later knock themselves out with much more alcohol in much less time and puke in the street
These are of course stereotypes, there are all types of behaviours in all types of societies, and I suppose the numbers don't actually corroborate all of this. But you tend to find certain types of behaviours more in some countries than in others.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 5:40 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
And at the oktoberfest after the second mass all countries are equally drunk. Although I must say the Russian who was at our table this year had five and was more sober than any of us who had 2-4 in the same time frame.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 5:52 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by oliver2002
And at the oktoberfest after the second mass all countries are equally drunk. Although I must say the Russian who was at our table this year had five and was more sober than any of us who had 2-4 in the same time frame.
Equally drunk maybe, but after how much time. For a start at 2pm, Italians and Spaniards under the table around 4-5pm, Germans around 8-9pm, Australians and Brits still "walk" at 11pm (although a very sad sight to see), and Russians stoically carrying on.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Equally drunk maybe, but after how much time. For a start at 2pm, Italians and Spaniards under the table around 4-5pm, Germans around 8-9pm, Australians and Brits still "walk" at 11pm (although a very sad sight to see), and Russians stoically carrying on.
Practice makes you strong.
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: EBD , FBG
Being a Norwegian I think we have a poor alcohol culture. It’s all about binging on weekends, and if you are among friends and choose not to drink, there will be hardcore interrogation about why the hell you’re not getting wasted like the rest. I have lived in the US and never experienced that there... They’re not as sophisticated as the Southern Europeans, but they’re surely not as primitive as my fellow countrymen. Of course, this is only my experience, which cannot count for entire societies.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 7:06 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by Kleffen
Being a Norwegian I think we have a poor alcohol culture. It’s all about binging on weekends, and if you are among friends and choose not to drink, there will be hardcore interrogation about why the hell you’re not getting wasted like the rest. I have lived in the US and never experienced that there... They’re not as sophisticated as the Southern Europeans, but they’re surely not as primitive as my fellow countrymen. Of course, this is only my experience, which cannot count for entire societies.
There often is, but I think this depends on your specific social surroundings.
I barely drink alcohol and my friends have accepted it and stopped trying to get me to drink after nearly a decade worth of attempts. Not to mention the year in military where my comrades attempted the same thing without success
Old Nov 14, 2019, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber
It's hard to see why, but most of the times I see full J cabins on LH Group planes.
Not surprising since LH offers plenty sale fares ex-EU.
Not to mention free op-up on certain routes to J & F.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by CheckInPeach
That would be really bad and not 5* airline worthy at all. Looking at the current airline landscape, the move would not be that surprising though however I have a hard time to believe that they would be able to refurbish all the F airplanes until 2021. I mean, they are not even able to come up with their new C until then.

Such a move would also put a much different light on a HON status and upgrade possibilities.
First, replacing hot breakfast in Y on long haul to snacks.
Secondly, indirectly devaluing SEN or HON. Or making HON at about USD 7K-ish according to few bloggers.
Would not be too surprised if FCT or F is gone.
But I will be disappointed for not being able to get more rubber ducks. And not being driven on/off the plane.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.