Wiki Posts
Search

Enter to FCL at FRA using cash

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2019, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Enter to FCL at FRA using cash

Hi all,
Im about to travel to the US with LH in PE class.
Im holding TK elite (which is gold status) so I could use the senator lounges in FRA airport.

I read that LH now might allow passengers to use the First class lounge (not the terminal one) by paying at entrance or for people who hold AMEX Centurion card (I hold Platinum card).

Is it still valid? Does anyone tried it?

last week Ive been in VIE and the agent in the lounge told me that if I want to use the HON lounge I can pay ~110 Euros to enter.

thanks for the help
Old Nov 13, 2019, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Qbase
Hi all,
Im holding TK elite (which is gold status) so I could use the senator lounges in FRA airport.

I read that LH now might allow passengers to use the First class lounge (not the terminal one) by paying at entrance or for people who hold AMEX Centurion card (I hold Platinum card).

last week Ive been in VIE and the agent in the lounge told me that if I want to use the HON lounge I can pay ~110 Euros to enter.

thanks for the help
They might let you into FCL B with a LH BP , price is at least 130 EUR, could also depend on how busy the lounge is on the day.
Qbase likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 5:32 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
As chris63 said, it is not impossible. They offer that to LH SENs as well, with a J ticket for 200 Euro, PE for 300 Euro.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Great, thanks for the help!
They really not publish this information anywhere.
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
No, they don’t because it’s a specific F pax or HON benefit, absolutely not a pay as you go lounge
Old Nov 14, 2019, 11:24 am

It's indeed publisded under Lufthansa website: Home/lougnes/Upgrade Zur First Class Lounge
Old Nov 14, 2019, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by JackMFlyer
It's indeed publisded under Lufthansa website: Home/lougnes/Upgrade Zur First Class Lounge
Yes. It has been around for a long time, but not even lounge personnel is aware of it.
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Yes. It has been around for a long time, but not even lounge personnel is aware of it.
Could that be because nobody uses the privilege of paying EUR200 or 300 to get in the F lounge ?

The facility is a lot nicer than the SEN lounge, but not EUR200 nicer
Old Nov 16, 2019, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Could that be because nobody uses the privilege of paying EUR200 or 300 to get in the F lounge ?

The facility is a lot nicer than the SEN lounge, but not EUR200 nicer
There don't seem to be too many takers.

I wouldn't generally say the offer is not worth it, really depends. Most of my long-hauls are now in F anyway, but in the right situation (flying on a non-F-route, long layover, hungry and feeling I need to treat myself ...) I wouldn't rule it out and have done it once before; that's how I know that the process of getting in is really complicated, as the staff had to make a million phone calls before I could drop the cash and get in.

200 Euro is not cheap, but it also works at the nice FCL at MUC's satellite. Why not look at it like this: Currently they offer food from one of Germany's best ***chefs and a meal at his restaurant would set you back more than 200 Euros alone. At the lounge you can enjoy the food with a view, take a rest in one of the day rooms and/or a shower, drink as much Louise with your meal without having to worry about a hefty price tag when ordering another glass, enjoy an espresso at the outdoor terrace; at FRA it also include the ride to the plane. If the situation is right, it's worth 200 to me, cheaper than the VIP services at MUC and FRA.
chris63 and BeanTownBoy like this.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 4:11 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I can definitely see myself dropping a 200 EUR on FCL entry in the right circumstances. If I were to go to a really nice once-in-a-lifetime trip, but not nice and cheap enough that I can do it in F, and had no other expectation of being able to get in these lounges (i.e. not knowing the nice folk here at FT who are happy to guest a humble Y traveler such as myself), it's not that expensive.
But you can't look at it in the utilitarian view of "food is worth this much, Louise or LPGS is worth that much", rather as paying for the experience.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I can definitely see myself dropping a 200 EUR on FCL entry in the right circumstances. If I were to go to a really nice once-in-a-lifetime trip, but not nice and cheap enough that I can do it in F, and had no other expectation of being able to get in these lounges (i.e. not knowing the nice folk here at FT who are happy to guest a humble Y traveler such as myself), it's not that expensive.
But you can't look at it in the utilitarian view of "food is worth this much, Louise or LPGS is worth that much", rather as paying for the experience.
You probably misunderstood my post: I don't count the glasses of Louise to drink my money back. Just tried to put the 200 Euro in relation to the goods and services provided.
chris63 and mhrb like this.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk

Of course, different strokes....

But a one-in-a-lifetime trip for me would probably involve a second person, so that would be EUR500. And that would set the pips squeaking.

But as worldclubber suggests, I could just about see it happening if faced with a looong connection. I'd get irritated in the SEN lounge, probably want to get my head down, and a Hilton dayroom is going to be EUR100. I'd rationalise the additional EUR100 spend in the transactional/utilitarian way you despise
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Waste of money.
Scott Kiwi and mhrb like this.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber
{snip}...enjoy an espresso at the outdoor terrace; ...{snip}.
OP is "about to travel to the US". What are the chances of enjoying an espresso at the outdoor terrace at FRA? Mind you, one drinks the espresso rather fast, so one does not have a high risk of getting ill.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Hi all,

thanks for the help
When is your travel date? I can guest you into the FCT during my connection on Monday. There—money saved.
lainys and BeanTownBoy like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.