Enter to FCL at FRA using cash

Old Nov 19, 19, 5:21 am
  #91  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MUC
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 39,415
The MLL won't allow more than 1 guest either...
oliver2002 is online now  
Old Nov 19, 19, 5:26 am
  #92  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 4,907
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
The MLL won't allow more than 1 guest either...
OP, says they are in J ?
chris63 is offline  
Old Nov 19, 19, 6:53 am
  #93  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: BRU-ZRH
Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Ambassador
Posts: 738
In J indeed so that should have been fine.
Wasn't aware of the special rate for additional companions for HON/F, thanks chris63

I've only tried that AC lounge once, it wasn't bad but to say that it is that much better than the the SEN one? Not sure.
chris63 and worldclubber like this.
The Wolf is offline  
Old Nov 19, 19, 7:31 am
  #94  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 4,907
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
In J indeed so that should have been fine.
Wasn't aware of the special rate for additional companions for HON/F, thanks chris63

I've only tried that AC lounge once, it wasn't bad but to say that it is that much better than the the SEN one? Not sure.
Well, had to do the same thing myself recently, since LH are so cheap, stopped providing one time use FCL access vouchers, went to B SEN lounge , picked up another colleague , who was at AC ML lounge, stayed there, better food, beverages, nice view, not crowded, neither pax were on my flight.

Contrast that to LX, you can guest anyone as F pax or HON on any inbound or outbound *A flight, LX core customer care listen to HON feedback 👍
worldclubber and Nick Art like this.
chris63 is offline  
Old Nov 19, 19, 8:00 am
  #95  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bergen - Norway
Programs: EBD , FBG
Posts: 372
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
In J indeed so that should have been fine.
Wasn't aware of the special rate for additional companions for HON/F, thanks chris63

I've only tried that AC lounge once, it wasn't bad but to say that it is that much better than the the SEN one? Not sure.
I prefer the Sen B to the AC lounge, especially last time I was there. A buddy and I were heading to Tokyo/Seoul on buddy trip. The bar is nice and we managed to plow through all the cocktails 🍹
Kleffen is offline  
Old Nov 20, 19, 1:34 am
  #96  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 4,907
Originally Posted by Kleffen View Post
I prefer the Sen B to the AC lounge, especially last time I was there. A buddy and I were heading to Tokyo/Seoul on buddy trip. The bar is nice and we managed to plow through all the cocktails 🍹
Interesting, the quality of the alcohol, brand wise looked better to me at AC ML & you could have had fun making your own cocktails 🍸
chris63 is offline  
Old Nov 20, 19, 1:39 am
  #97  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 4,907
Just to set the record straight, this is what you can expect if you paid for entry at Breakfast time in the FRA FCLís \ FCT


chris63 is offline  
Old Nov 20, 19, 1:42 am
  #98  
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: ZRH
Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
Posts: 2,099
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
Strangely enough, most of these restaurants have a long waitlist for reservations.

People seem to disagree with you.

Back on topic: There are ways to get access to the LH FCLs other than F tickets or HON status.
Do these include a crowbar and a ladder?
Nick Art is offline  
Old Nov 20, 19, 2:00 am
  #99  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MUC
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 39,415
Originally Posted by chris63 View Post
Just to set the record straight, this is what you can expect if you paid for entry at Breakfast time in the FRA FCLís \ FCT
Note that the buffet is only for people who want to eat quickly. If you have the time any and all food in the FCT/FCL should (and is supposed to) be ordered ala carte.
oliver2002 is online now  
Old Nov 20, 19, 2:07 am
  #100  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 4,907
Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post
Do these include a crowbar and a ladder?
You can buy spare keys on EBay
chris63 is offline  
Old Nov 20, 19, 2:09 am
  #101  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 4,907
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
Note that the buffet is only for people who want to eat quickly. If you have the time any and all food in the FCT/FCL should (and is supposed to) be ordered ala carte.
Yes, the Menu card is on each table & an American guy was having Steak & Eggs this morning & thatís not even on the Menu 👍
chris63 is offline  
Old Nov 20, 19, 6:19 am
  #102  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: London, Paris
Programs: LH HON
Posts: 1,694
Thatís definitely a nicer set of pictures, but the food still isnít worth 50 EUR unless youíre eating two meals there (or engorging on breakfast, as I frequently do).

Iím sure the food is good.
sophialite is online now  
Old Nov 20, 19, 6:28 am
  #103  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Programs: LH HON
Posts: 2,779
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
Note that the buffet is only for people who want to eat quickly. If you have the time any and all food in the FCT/FCL should (and is supposed to) be ordered ala carte.
well, I actually had to argue a couple of times to get some fresh pasta when the one at the buffet looked like it sat there a while...
in FRA, most waiters will tell you that only the food thatís not on the buffet is made to order.
worldclubber likes this.
daumueller is offline  
Old Nov 20, 19, 6:29 am
  #104  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: London, Paris
Programs: LH HON
Posts: 1,694
Originally Posted by daumueller View Post
well, I actually had to argue a couple of times to get some fresh pasta when the one at the buffet looked like it sat there a while...
in FRA, most waiters will tell you that only the food thatís not on the buffet is made to order.
Yes this has happened to me too. When ordering eggs, told to use the buffet.

Guess itís harmless if youíre HON and use the lounges countless times. Would stink if you paid 200 EUR only to be confronted with that attitude.
sophialite is online now  
Old Nov 20, 19, 6:32 am
  #105  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: HAG
Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Posts: 2,547
Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post
Do these include a crowbar and a ladder?
Stopping by the entrance and asking passing HONs to guest you?
Fabo.sk is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: