Enter to FCL at FRA using cash

Old Nov 18, 19, 9:38 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by sophialite View Post
Go for it. It's just a waste of money. In our political systems (I'm assuming you're not a resident of North Korea or something like that), you're welcome to make that choice, no matter unwise it is.

And you shouldn't be ashamed for making that unwise decision.
I will and won't be ashamed of it. If LH lets me, that is, as the benefit that SENs are able to purchase access to the FCLs before a LH long-haul in J and PE seems to have disappeared with the change from the old to the new M&M website. Maybe just a mistake, maybe it's no longer possible.

Often you only know whether something is a waste of money once you have done it. Sometimes it is, other times it is not. For me, the FCL, which I know quite well, would not be part of the first category.

I agree that it would be unwise under certain circumstances, like me paying for access to the FCL and then I wouldn't be able to buy food or clothes for my children as a result; I can assure you that the expenditure doesn't cause any hardship for my loved ones.
Fabo.sk likes this.
Old Nov 18, 19, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by andywaw View Post
Sorry, you can't. The whole discussion got off the subject, so let me remind you the rules of this offer.

The privilege is only for SENATORS (Miles & More Gold card holders), not for any Star Alliance Gold members.
Senators must have a BP for intercontinental flight in Business Class or Premium Economy.
The offer is valid only for FCL B in FRA and T2 Satellite in MUC.
Payments must be made by credit card at the entrance: EUR 200 for a SEN travelling in Intercontinental Business Class (+companion/child EUR 150), or EUR 300 for a SEN travelling in Intercontinental PE (+companion/child EUR 200).
Availability is limited.
You are absolutely right and describe precisely what it used to be like. SENs only.

Just checked and cannot find it in the M&M website anymore. Does the offer still exist?
andywaw likes this.
Old Nov 18, 19, 9:43 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
You are absolutely right and describe precisely what it used to be like. SENs only.

Just checked and cannot find it in the M&M website anymore. Does the offer still exist?
I can see the offer on LH site in Polish, but cannot find the same page in LH English version.
https://www.lufthansa.com/pl/pl/lounge-upgrade-senator
worldclubber likes this.
Old Nov 18, 19, 9:43 am

Programs: LH HON
That’s your best effort to justify the unjustifiable, as per the scenario I suggested & I have had to do it numerous times, Asia to South America, in J (& without HON ) & needing to work, it would make much more sense to pay 200 EUR for FCL access

But your only interested in saying 200 EUR is too much for FCL access no matter what the circumstances
To be honest with you, in this scenario, I would just upgrade to F on at least one if not both legs.

Now as to whether paying 200 EUR would disrupt one's financial well being, I would hope that isn't the case for many in this thread. We've all wasted our money too, so go for it.

Although I will say that one poster spending 3 month's paychecks on an F ticket did have me genuinely concerned for his financial wellbeing in an almost maternal way.
Old Nov 18, 19, 9:47 am
Suspended

Programs: AF/KL FB Gold (E+) TK Elite (*G) QR Gold (OW Sapphire) IHG Platinum, B&W Diamont, Ascott Gold
The privilege is only for SENATORS (Miles & More Gold card holders), not for any Star Alliance Gold members.

Thank you andywaw, for the very precise info regarding the subject!
I think you saved me from a slight embarrasment 😊
worldclubber, Fabo.sk and andywaw like this.
Old Nov 18, 19, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by andywaw View Post
I can see the offer on LH site in Polish, but cannot find the same page in LH English version.
https://www.lufthansa.com/pl/pl/lounge-upgrade-senator
The Polish website still has the old format, the information may just "still" be there until they change, too.
Old Nov 18, 19, 9:50 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by GR15 View Post

Thank you andywaw, for the very precise info regarding the subject!
I think you saved me from a slight embarrasment 😊
To be fair, someone earlier in this thread mentioned that most FCL attendees don't even know about this, so find themselves arguing even if they're on the right side of the policy. I can also imagine that's also slightly embarrassing.
Old Nov 18, 19, 9:51 am

By changing "pl" into "de", it is still there in German:

https://www.lufthansa.com/de/de/lounge-upgrade-senator

Does not work for English.
Old Nov 18, 19, 9:56 am

To be fair, someone earlier in this thread mentioned that most FCL attendees don't even know about this, so find themselves arguing even if they're on the right side of the policy. I can also imagine that's also slightly embarrassing.
Depends on how one approaches this. I went in and said that I want to make use of a potentially little known offer and showed them the offer in the M&M App right away, when I realized from their puzzled faces that they had no clue. After a little while and some phone calls later, they asked me to go in and enjoy the lounge, while they figure out the details. Took them about half an hour and many more phone calls until they had all the information they needed. We all had a good laugh about it when they came to tell me and found me at high table in the middle of the FCL B, and they seemed happy I was so relaxed about it and they learned something on a slow Sunday morning. Not embarrassing at all.
chris63 and andywaw like this.
Old Nov 18, 19, 3:01 pm

Programs: LH FTL, EK Gold, AMEX Centurion, . HH Diamond, Ambassador Platinum,Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by Qbase View Post
Hi all,
Im about to travel to the US with LH in PE class.
Im holding TK elite (which is gold status) so I could use the senator lounges in FRA airport.

I read that LH now might allow passengers to use the First class lounge (not the terminal one) by paying at entrance or for people who hold AMEX Centurion card (I hold Platinum card).

Is it still valid? Does anyone tried it?

last week Ive been in VIE and the agent in the lounge told me that if I want to use the HON lounge I can pay ~110 Euros to enter.

thanks for the help
What I know that AMEX Centurion Card Holder ( Germany?) can enter the FCL at B22, it is part of the Centurion Card Lounge Program for the time being, but they cannot enter FCL in A or the FCT.
Old Nov 18, 19, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Black, and assorted others
Originally Posted by ThWilmesi View Post
What I know that AMEX Centurion Card Holder ( Germany?) can enter the FCL at B22, it is part of the Centurion Card Lounge Program for the time being, but they cannot enter FCL in A or the FCT.
Correct. MUC satellite as well.
Old Nov 18, 19, 7:39 pm

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
To be honest with you, in this scenario, I would just upgrade to F on at least one if not both legs.

Now as to whether paying 200 EUR would disrupt one's financial well being, I would hope that isn't the case for many in this thread. We've all wasted our money too, so go for it.

Although I will say that one poster spending 3 month's paychecks on an F ticket did have me genuinely concerned for his financial wellbeing in an almost maternal way.
Yes, however unless HON in the first place ( not then necessary ) its really not easy & ‘costs ‘ more than 200 EUR.

Never wasted money, just spend it how I like , my money after all & then no regrets
worldclubber likes this.
Old Nov 18, 19, 11:39 pm

Good luck with upgrading something like SIN-MUC-YVR to F.
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 19, 19, 1:09 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Ambassador
I'm with a party of 3 in J in FRA. As I could only guest 1 pax into FCL I was offered entrance for nr. 3 at 120 EUR.
Not sure if it's a different deal but it doesn't seem excessive.
Didn't do it in the end as only 1.5 hrs transfer and the SEN Lounge in B is pretty good as well.
Old Nov 19, 19, 5:05 am

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
I'm with a party of 3 in J in FRA. As I could only guest 1 pax into FCL I was offered entrance for nr. 3 at 120 EUR.
Not sure if it's a different deal but it doesn't seem excessive.
Didn't do it in the end as only 1.5 hrs transfer and the SEN Lounge in B is pretty good as well.
Yea, that’s the special deal for HON/ F pax who need / want additional guests but in B , you went to the SEN lounge instead of the AC ML lounge ???

Search this Thread
Search Engine: