Search

Enter to FCL at FRA using cash

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by sophialite
Waste of money.
Preferences differ.

I have never bought a LV bag, waste of money for me, not for others. Live and let live.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
OP is "about to travel to the US". What are the chances of enjoying an espresso at the outdoor terrace at FRA? Mind you, one drinks the espresso rather fast, so one does not have a high risk of getting ill.
I said it also works at the FCL at MUC, which does indeed have an outdoor terrace.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Preferences differ.

I have never bought a LV bag, waste of money for me, not for others. Live and let live.
I’ve never bought an LV bag either. I’d say it’s a bigger waste of money than paying for an FCL but at least you can use it for longer.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 7:06 am

When is your travel date? I can guest you into the FCT during my connection on Monday. There—money saved.
Unless he is your partner or child, he has to be on the same flight as you. Might not be as easy as you think.
andywaw likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 7:07 am

I’ve never bought an LV bag either. I’d say it’s a bigger waste of money than paying for an FCL but at least you can use it for longer.
Is a 200 Euro meal at any Michelin starred restaurant a waste, too? Because you could buy enough food to survive for under 10 Euro, even at an airport ...
Old Nov 16, 2019, 7:08 am

Is a 200 Euro meal at any Michelin starred restaurant a waste, too? Because you could buy enough food to survive for under 10 Euro, even at an airport ...
I’d say there are many, many Michelin starred restaurants where 200 EUR (per person) is a waste of money.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 7:13 am

I’d say there are many, many Michelin starred restaurants where 200 EUR (per person) is a waste of money.
Strangely enough, most of these restaurants have a long waitlist for reservations.

People seem to disagree with you.

Back on topic: There are ways to get access to the LH FCLs other than F tickets or HON status.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 7:14 am

Strangely enough, most of these restaurants have a long waitlist for reservations.

People seem to disagree with you.

Back on topic: There are ways to get access to the LH FCLs other than F tickets or HON status.
I find this logic strange. Because people wait in line for something that means it isn’t a waste of money?
Old Nov 16, 2019, 7:16 am

I find this logic strange. Because people wait in line for something that means it isn’t a waste of money?
It just means that what you consider a waste of money may be seen differently by others. Many others.

"Waste of money" depends on preference and very much on individual taste. There is no objective definition of waste of money, but you make it sounds like there is, i.e. whatever you consider a waste.
andywaw likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 7:18 am

It just means that what you consider a waste of money y be seen differently by others. Many others.

"Waste of money" depends on preference and very much depends on individual taste. There is no objective definition of wate of money, but you make it sounds like there is, i.e. whatever you consider a waste.
No, there are some things that are objectively a waste of money. This is one of them. You can think differently. As you point out, many people do. But they are wrong.

Subjectivity isn’t a refuge for bad decisions.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 7:23 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
No, there are some things that are objectively a waste of money. This is one of them. You can think differently. As you point out, many people do. But they are wrong.

That is your subjective opinion. Otherwise your statement must be false. The only waste of money is to burn it (literally).
Old Nov 16, 2019, 7:25 am

Wow! Your attitude leaves me speechless ...

If you consider a day room, the time saved for going landside and through security again, a three-star Wohlfart meal, a bottle of Louise, many other amenities ... and a ride to the plane for 200 Euro a waste of money, I wouldn't want you to be a consultant of my company.

And don't forget about the duck.
chris63 and kahuna1993 like this.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
That is your subjective opinion. Otherwise your statement must be false. The only waste of money is to burn it (literally).
According to your reasoning, burning money isn’t a waste if one was to accord subjective value to the act of burning money. What about performance art that involves burning money?
Old Nov 16, 2019, 7:28 am

Wow! Your attitude leaves me speechless ...

If you consider a day room, the time saved for going landside and through security again, a three-star Wohlfart meal, a bottle of Louise, many other amenities ... and a ride to the plane for 200 Euro a waste of money, I wouldn't want you to be a consultant of my company.

And don't forget about the duck.
I eat at the FCLs all the time. The food isn’t that good. A duck that costs $.50 to make isn’t worth $200 either. You also wouldn’t hopefully drink a whole bottle of Louise.

Not sure if paid access includes a ride to the plane. If it does, paying $200 for a ride to a plane is silly.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 7:30 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I will correct my slightly imprecise statement. Burning money is not a waste as it gives off heat. Perhaps a pilot who crashed a cargo plane carrying pallets of banknotes in Antarctica would appreciate a warming fire of Benjamins.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.