Old Nov 12, 2019, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ACflyerDE
The programme will now change from 1 January 2022 (postponed again and it will not start before 2023)
https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...ts/update.html

All the changes are listed on the official M&M Website: https://www.miles-and-more.com/de/en...ts/update.html

Starting 2021, the system for earning status changes. From then on, status points are earned by cabin and segment flown:

Regional flights will earn 5 points in Economy and Premium Economy, 10 points in First and Business class per segment
Intercontinental flights, ie flights between two IATA regions, will earn 15 points in Economy, 20 in Premium Economy, 50 in Business and 70 in First class segments

There will be two kinds of points : qualifying points (QP): earned with M&M integrated partners (LH/EW/LX/OS/LO/OU/LG/etc) and normal points : earned with other partners like the airlines in the Star Alliance. QP can be earned on LH Airrail train segments, but are capped at 40/120/250 per year for FTL/SEN/HON.

'Frequent Traveler' (FTL, equivalent to *S) status is given to members with 160 points (of which atleast 80 need to be QP), 'Senator' (SEN, *G) to members with 480 points (of which atleast 240 need to be QP). HON Circle (HON) is awarded after reaching 1500 QP in one year.

SEN will receive two evouchers upon qualification each year, HON 4 evouchers. There will be no rollover of QP, but for members who exceed the qualification QP level, M&M will grant the following benefits:
FTL: Mileage exchange for QP at 200 qualifying points
SEN: 2 eVoucher at 700 qualifying points; 15,000 award miles at 1,000 qualifying points; Frequent Traveller partner card at 1,300 qualifying points
HON:2 eVoucher at 1,800 qualifying points; 30,000 award miles at 2,100 qualifying points; 2 eVoucher at 2,400 qualifying points; Frequent Traveller partner card at 2,700 qualifying points; Senator partner card at 3,000 qualifying points

The system of status miles, HON Circle miles, select miles, and status star points will be abolished at the end of 2020. Any status earned prior to that will be honored. Any HON Circle miles earned in 2020 will be credited as QP in the ratio 200:1. Status star points earned till end of 2020 will converted to lifetime QP at a ration of 2:1.

Members with a lifetime QP of 7500 will be awarded FTL for their lifetime. If members reach 10000 lifetime QP and have been SEN for at least a cumulative 10 years they will be awarded lifetime SEN status.

Status is always valid for the year of qualification and one additional year. HON and SEN will have a 'soft landing' ie if they cannot requalify for status, they will get a year of SEN or FTL respectively.

Print Wikipost

New qualifying points system for status from 2024

Old Dec 11, 2019, 4:37 am

Programs: LH SEN
Do they queue multiple outstanding re-qualifications?

My current status expires in 2-2021 and I just re-qualified in my dead year so presumably at some point my status expiry will get bumped out to 2-2023.

If I re-qualify again in 2020 will they also bank that and eventually bump my status expiry out to 2-2025 ?!?

Last edited by supine; Dec 11, 2019 at 4:38 am Reason: Formatting for clarity
Old Dec 11, 2019, 4:41 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by supine

My current status expires in 2-2021 and I just re-qualified in my dead year so presumably at some point my status expiry will get bumped out to 2-2023.

If I re-qualify again in 2020 will they also bank that and eventually bump my status expiry out to 2-2025 ?!?
Nope - you can only requalify once during your 2 year qualification period.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 5:20 am

2019 wasnt a dead year for you, but 2020 will be a dead year for you, if your status is valid until 2-2023. And btw: 2021 will be a dead year for you as well, not regarding lifetime status, of course.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 5:08 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Will one get QPs when flying on LH/LX via ticket issued on 016 stock ?

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
Old Dec 12, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by El Puerco Volante
Will one get QPs when flying on LH/LX via ticket issued on 016 stock ?

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
From what has been published so far, it sounds like metal counts. You should get QPs when you fly on a LH Group plane no matter what the ticket stock and wouldn't get QPs for legs on 220 ticket stock that are operated by other airlines.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 8:05 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Originally Posted by worldclubber
From what has been published so far, it sounds like metal counts. You should get QPs when you fly on a LH Group plane no matter what the ticket stock and wouldn't get QPs for legs on 220 ticket stock that are operated by other airlines.
If this is the case - I'm moving to M&M in 2021

Thanks & regards,

El Puerco Volante
Old Dec 12, 2019, 8:42 pm

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Originally Posted by El Puerco Volante
If this is the case - I'm moving to M&M in 2021

Thanks & regards,

El Puerco Volante
got curious on this.
Why would a 016 ticket be more compelling to you as of 2021? Rule metal is already applicable today.
Or you will just have the right mix of QP and non-QP to achieve SEN or higher with the changes vs today?
if its a loophole in the matrix, you can ignore my question. But DM me details
Old Dec 13, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by GBM.flights
got curious on this.
Why would a 016 ticket be more compelling to you as of 2021? Rule metal is already applicable today.
Or you will just have the right mix of QP and non-QP to achieve SEN or higher with the changes vs today?
if it’s a loophole in the matrix, you can ignore my question. But DM me details
Exactly - even as of 1 Jan 2020, MileagePlus elite qualification changes effectively lower elite qualification miles (for partners) if you ticket on UA stock... (as I understand)
Old Dec 29, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: Qantas, Miles and More
Question How does the new Mies & More scheme affect codeshare flights

Miles & More have announced that as of January 1, 2021; Status points may only be earned on flights operated by the Lufthansa Group. However Miles & More have not indicated how this decision will effect codeshare flights.

Does anyone know the answer?

Miles & More have announced that with effect from January 1 2021; status points may only be earned on routes operated by airlines belonging to the Lufthansa Group. However Miles & More have not indicated how this decision affects codeshare flights. Does any one know the answer?

operated

Last edited by anatinus; Dec 29, 2019 at 11:19 am Reason: Formatting issue
Old Jan 17, 2020, 5:52 am

Programs: BAEC, EK, VS FC
Swiss/EDW. Business P ticket?

I have booked LHR to Columbo and am curious what it might earn. I know it is a discounted offering

LHR to ZH is Swiss then EDW

I am not currently part of M and M but will sign to it as BA and VA are main holdings at the moment

thanks for info
Old Jan 28, 2020, 2:15 am

I love that Status Star Points were awarded post-status-earn (i.e. you accrue them by holding status) whereas LT Points will be awarded pre-status-earn (i.e. you accrue them during [re]qualification) so a lot of us will lose out on a year or two worth of Status Stars Points which we'll have already earned but will never accrue when the system switches over.

actually more like (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
I wrote M&M a letter that pointed out the above and also that it seemed odd to devalue PE so much when it was such a lucrative cabin for the airline.

They emailed me back within days, but it was nothing more than "thanks for your feedback" and "don't be scared of change little man" 😡
Old Jan 28, 2020, 5:04 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by Amlb
Swiss/EDW. Business P ticket?

I have booked LHR to Columbo and am curious what it might earn. I know it is a discounted offering

LHR to ZH is Swiss then EDW

I am not currently part of M and M but will sign to it as BA and VA are main holdings at the moment

thanks for info
Old System: You will earn miles and status miles on both flights.

New System: You will earn points on LHR to ZRH, but none on ZRH to Colombo.

Edelweiss has been specifically removed from the QP earning sheme which I find an absolute shame. I would have wished EDW to be integrated into the LH Group, and specifically *A, more, as I really like them, however, if I don't get any status points on them I won't fly them.
more4less and hugolover like this.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 6:12 am

Programs: BAEC, EK, VS FC
Would the fact it is booked through Swiss and has a Swiss flight number change this?
thanks

AM
Old Jan 31, 2020, 5:02 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
Miles & More have announced that with effect from January 1 2021; status points may only be earned on routes operated by airlines belonging to the Lufthansa Group.
Huh? So are LOT, CROATIAN and LUXAIR leaving M&M or do their flights effectively become second-class to LH Group's?
Old Jan 31, 2020, 5:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

No, all integrated partners count, i.e. LH/LX/OS/SN/EW, LO, LG, & OU.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.