Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2019, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ACflyerDE
The programme will now change from 1 January 2022 (postponed again and it will not start before 2023)
https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...ts/update.html

All the changes are listed on the official M&M Website: https://www.miles-and-more.com/de/en...ts/update.html

Starting 2021, the system for earning status changes. From then on, status points are earned by cabin and segment flown:

Regional flights will earn 5 points in Economy and Premium Economy, 10 points in First and Business class per segment
Intercontinental flights, ie flights between two IATA regions, will earn 15 points in Economy, 20 in Premium Economy, 50 in Business and 70 in First class segments

There will be two kinds of points : qualifying points (QP): earned with M&M integrated partners (LH/EW/LX/OS/LO/OU/LG/etc) and normal points : earned with other partners like the airlines in the Star Alliance. QP can be earned on LH Airrail train segments, but are capped at 40/120/250 per year for FTL/SEN/HON.

'Frequent Traveler' (FTL, equivalent to *S) status is given to members with 160 points (of which atleast 80 need to be QP), 'Senator' (SEN, *G) to members with 480 points (of which atleast 240 need to be QP). HON Circle (HON) is awarded after reaching 1500 QP in one year.

SEN will receive two evouchers upon qualification each year, HON 4 evouchers. There will be no rollover of QP, but for members who exceed the qualification QP level, M&M will grant the following benefits:
FTL: Mileage exchange for QP at 200 qualifying points
SEN: 2 eVoucher at 700 qualifying points; 15,000 award miles at 1,000 qualifying points; Frequent Traveller partner card at 1,300 qualifying points
HON:2 eVoucher at 1,800 qualifying points; 30,000 award miles at 2,100 qualifying points; 2 eVoucher at 2,400 qualifying points; Frequent Traveller partner card at 2,700 qualifying points; Senator partner card at 3,000 qualifying points

The system of status miles, HON Circle miles, select miles, and status star points will be abolished at the end of 2020. Any status earned prior to that will be honored. Any HON Circle miles earned in 2020 will be credited as QP in the ratio 200:1. Status star points earned till end of 2020 will converted to lifetime QP at a ration of 2:1.

Members with a lifetime QP of 7500 will be awarded FTL for their lifetime. If members reach 10000 lifetime QP and have been SEN for at least a cumulative 10 years they will be awarded lifetime SEN status.

Status is always valid for the year of qualification and one additional year. HON and SEN will have a 'soft landing' ie if they cannot requalify for status, they will get a year of SEN or FTL respectively.

Print Wikipost

New qualifying points system for status from 2024

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2020, 2:35 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Yup, booked travel for another 100k HON miles, but same situation. Will need to change those flights.

Personal and professional budgeting mean that all the unused funds from March-June will be available for use through the end of the year. On one hand, I wish I could be traveling right now. On other, I now have runway to do some really cool stuff for the balance of the year if things open up. And because of lower volumes, the quality of the trips might even be better (I.e., better pricing, smaller crowds, better service, etc.).

lets see how this plays out. Either way never a bad idea to conserve cash in these times :-)
Old Mar 30, 2020, 2:43 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
Originally Posted by vantage03
There is no way the new qualifying points system will be introduced next year. It just isn’t happening now. Let’s just hope M&M survives.
M&M is already several years separate company Miles & More GmbH and not part of Lufthansa itself. So I hope thatcurrent crisis affect Miles&More less than airlines itself.
But anyway: fingers crossed that current situation will not last long and both LHG and M&M will overlive it.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by oliver2002
I think the new system will still come, as it rewards frequency of flying and doesn't look at the revenue you bring in (like the old system). I'm expecting a status mile gift to existing elites to bridge their status into the new system, ie 50/17.5 k for SEN/FTL to cover the loss of half a flying year. If the restrictions last for more than six months (ie into atumn) then I'd expect a elite status extension by a year.
Sure. With serendipitously recession-friendly changes announced, explained and (presumably) in the system, ready to go, it would be strange if the airline were to ditch them.

On help with status miles, I remember the odd 10K being handed out at other "difficult" times, but didn't pay too much attention - I didn't need them for requalification, and, of course, they did nothing for my travel-redeemable miles.

THIS time a boost of status miles would be handy. But I'm in the first year of my two-year collecting cycle, and I guess around half of SEN/FTL will be in the same boat. So the question for those with a better memory than mine ..... was the year-end10K hand-out across the board, or only to those in extremis, at the end of their second year?
Old Mar 31, 2020, 2:01 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
THIS time a boost of status miles would be handy. But I'm in the first year of my two-year collecting cycle, and I guess around half of SEN/FTL will be in the same boat. So the question for those with a better memory than mine ..... was the year-end10K hand-out across the board, or only to those in extremis, at the end of their second year?
It was across the board, I did not need these(and I have always requalified the 1st of the 2 year cycle) and still got it.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 3:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
FTL/SEN/HON got 3000/10000/30000 status miles each for the strike years: Special Credit of 30/10/3 000 status miles for FTL/SEN/HON as strike comp

My gues would be that they will do something similar this year.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 3:02 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
FTL/SEN/HON got 3000/10000/30000 status miles each for the strike years: Special Credit of 30/10/3 000 status miles for FTL/SEN/HON as strike comp

My gues would be that they will do something similar this year.
IMO probably the base line or starting point.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 3:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Back then they credited about a 10th of the requalification level for the disruption of one month, so if this lasts 3-6 months...
Old Mar 31, 2020, 6:34 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Back then they credited about a 10th of the requalification level for the disruption of one month, so if this lasts 3-6 months...
I was thinking the same. In my case I am grounded already in March and April, and who knows what May will bring. Those are usually very intensive travel months for me (less business trips during summer vacation period).

So I'd rather would find something like 100K-120K HON miles the thing to do.

Let's see what they come up with. Right now it simply doesn't matter. We can't travel right now anyway, so it's pointless to make any scenario planning - because we simply don't know when things revert back to normal, and where in the world they will be back to normal by when (I am pessimistic for the US. Maybe by the time things are "under control" in Europe they'll be counting their 150'000th death and the orange-faced guy still doesn't get it).
Old Mar 31, 2020, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue

My guess would be that they will do something similar this year.
3,000 miles is not a lot for FTL and anyway I qualify on flight segments mostly. By early March I had already completed 10 segments so was exactly a third of the way to requalifying. Will see how quickly things get going again. In a way, I hope not too quickly - I'm enjoying the peaceful skies and sound of birdsong at the moment!
Old Mar 31, 2020, 1:04 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
So this time, business as usual being unlikely to resume before end of this year, it will be a one year unconditional extension of all statuses ?? IF M&M still exists by then.
Old May 25, 2020, 7:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Changes are postponed by a year to 1.1.2022

https://www.miles-and-more.com/ch/en...ts/update.html
mmff likes this.
Old May 26, 2020, 4:16 am

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Sure. With serendipitously recession-friendly changes announced, explained and (presumably) in the system, ready to go, it would be strange if the airline were to ditch them.

On help with status miles, I remember the odd 10K being handed out at other "difficult" times, but didn't pay too much attention - I didn't need them for requalification, and, of course, they did nothing for my travel-redeemable miles.

It remember that 10.000 status miles were credited late November, but it didn't make any changes as many already requalified. It was not dealt regarding 1st or 2nd year, it was because of LH stikes that year. They were waiting until very late to avoid possible cancelling the remaining flights people have booked to requalify..
Old Dec 9, 2020, 2:09 am

Changes to programme in 2022 postponed

Has been delayed
Due to the current situation, the usual status programme will remain in place for the time being

As 2020 draws to a close, we can look back on some extraordinary months. As a frequent flyer and loyal passenger, you will be aware of the challenging situation in our industry and the dynamic nature of the current situation, which are continually demanding modifications to our services.

A few months ago, we introduced you to our new status programme, which was supposed to come into effect from January 2022. Unfortunately, we regret to inform you that we are unable to implement the new frequent flyer programme as planned.
hugolover likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 2:22 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
That is good news. "Enhancements" coming later at least for me has benefits. With a bit of luck I can qualify again next year which will mean SEN until February 2025.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 2:23 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by bobhope2
Has been delayed
Yep, got the email, too. I am one of the few folks out here that is happy about that. Why? Because my normal travel patterns (aside from COVID) will make it hard if not impossible to keep my SEN status under the new rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.