Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2019, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ACflyerDE
The programme will now change from 1 January 2022 (postponed again and it will not start before 2023)
https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...ts/update.html

All the changes are listed on the official M&M Website: https://www.miles-and-more.com/de/en...ts/update.html

Starting 2021, the system for earning status changes. From then on, status points are earned by cabin and segment flown:

Regional flights will earn 5 points in Economy and Premium Economy, 10 points in First and Business class per segment
Intercontinental flights, ie flights between two IATA regions, will earn 15 points in Economy, 20 in Premium Economy, 50 in Business and 70 in First class segments

There will be two kinds of points : qualifying points (QP): earned with M&M integrated partners (LH/EW/LX/OS/LO/OU/LG/etc) and normal points : earned with other partners like the airlines in the Star Alliance. QP can be earned on LH Airrail train segments, but are capped at 40/120/250 per year for FTL/SEN/HON.

'Frequent Traveler' (FTL, equivalent to *S) status is given to members with 160 points (of which atleast 80 need to be QP), 'Senator' (SEN, *G) to members with 480 points (of which atleast 240 need to be QP). HON Circle (HON) is awarded after reaching 1500 QP in one year.

SEN will receive two evouchers upon qualification each year, HON 4 evouchers. There will be no rollover of QP, but for members who exceed the qualification QP level, M&M will grant the following benefits:
FTL: Mileage exchange for QP at 200 qualifying points
SEN: 2 eVoucher at 700 qualifying points; 15,000 award miles at 1,000 qualifying points; Frequent Traveller partner card at 1,300 qualifying points
HON:2 eVoucher at 1,800 qualifying points; 30,000 award miles at 2,100 qualifying points; 2 eVoucher at 2,400 qualifying points; Frequent Traveller partner card at 2,700 qualifying points; Senator partner card at 3,000 qualifying points

The system of status miles, HON Circle miles, select miles, and status star points will be abolished at the end of 2020. Any status earned prior to that will be honored. Any HON Circle miles earned in 2020 will be credited as QP in the ratio 200:1. Status star points earned till end of 2020 will converted to lifetime QP at a ration of 2:1.

Members with a lifetime QP of 7500 will be awarded FTL for their lifetime. If members reach 10000 lifetime QP and have been SEN for at least a cumulative 10 years they will be awarded lifetime SEN status.

Status is always valid for the year of qualification and one additional year. HON and SEN will have a 'soft landing' ie if they cannot requalify for status, they will get a year of SEN or FTL respectively.

Print Wikipost

New qualifying points system for status from 2024

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2019, 12:48 pm
Suspended

First runs are dead. You get 40% extra points towards status. Never gonna be worth it. Not even close.

Right now, a cheap A fare earns 325% status miles. A cheap P fare 125% status miles.

The arithmetic for first runs just wont work anymore outside of error fares.

--

What is being done to first is fully equivalent to keeping the current system but reducing the status mileage earning for A and F to 175%.

All numbers inclusive of exec bonus.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 12:51 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
It's just a summary of someone reading the articles and VFT/FT. No one from TPG or OMAAT came to the event today. We had 3 from FT, 3 from VFT, 2 Frankfurt Flyer, 2 insideflyer and two other German bloggers at the event. The event was just for us. They had read all the info online in advance.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
It's just a summary of someone reading the articles and VFT/FT. No one from TPG or OMAAT came to the event today. We had 3 from FT, 3 from VFT, 2 Frankfurt Flyer, 2 insideflyer and two other German bloggers at the event. The event was just for us. They had read all the info online in advance.
How were the invitations doled out? I don't remember a thread here on that?

Pity no PL flyers were invited given M&M is the LOT programme as well.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 12:56 pm

Looks like CAI will pe popular again.... I remember doing lots of RTWs in F from there. Relatively easy to position to and really good fares.

Now you can find business class from CAI to places in India and Asia for less than 2000 Euro, sometimes even 1500 Euro. TLV is often even cheaper.
This would generate 50+10 (for MUC-FRA)+50 x 2 = 220 Points per ticket. Two of these and you are almost SEN.

Any ideas for something good in F?
Old Nov 11, 2019, 12:58 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Any ideas for something good in F?
Yes!

I am sure LH reads this thread ...
Old Nov 11, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Dear Oliver2002,
thank you very much!

Any news on when the information will be available to all of us on the M&M website?
Old Nov 11, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
This can’t be true...

FRA -> CAI in J is the same as FRA -> SIN in J?

if I did say... ex-CAI... with positioning flights I could get HON is 4-5 ex-CAI (including J positioning flights)
Old Nov 11, 2019, 1:07 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by oliver2002
K light will get the same as Y flex in short haul.
Did they mention why this is? I wonder if they feel the people who pay the expensive economy tickets are a captive audience they don't need to entice?
Old Nov 11, 2019, 1:17 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Dia, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Fredrik74
Did they mention why this is? I wonder if they feel the people who pay the expensive economy tickets are a captive audience they don't need to entice?
They try to move them to J
Old Nov 11, 2019, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Lewis42
This can’t be true...

FRA -> CAI in J is the same as FRA -> SIN in J?

if I did say... ex-CAI... with positioning flights I could get HON is 4-5 ex-CAI (including J positioning flights)
FRA-CAI in P will be the same as FRA-SIN in J.

And FRA-CAI-SIN in P will give 42% more points than FRA-SIN in F.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 1:19 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Dear Oliver2002,
thank you very much!

Any news on when the information will be available to all of us on the M&M website?
Tomorrow the will go live with mailing and website.

Originally Posted by Fredrik74
In customer events the high value customers were lamenting that sticking to Lufthansa over the competition was in no way recognised when they booked anything below YBM.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: LH*S (FTL), OZ*G, Accor gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
3 stars = 15000 status star points
Lifetime FTL = 7500 points
4 stars = 20000 status star points
Lifetime SEN = 10000 points

I'm sensing a pattern here. Those of us with less stars are likely to get lifetime points at a ratio of 2:1.
WOW - Lifetime FTL after 42 years of continuous FTL status. LH knows how to reward loyal customers :-P
I think , that they are too generous.
GUWonder and Grog like this.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 1:32 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Thank you for the live updates Oliver! Very much appreciated by all of us
Old Nov 11, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
50 points in intercontinental business class.

This is the outlier. The one that opens the floodgates to all sorts of gaming of the system. Compared to all the others, this one is disproportionate. Fly just a little bit outside of Europe, and your points are multiplied by 5. Something like FRA-LIS is 3 hours and gets you 10 points. By comparison there are a few flights such as FRA-TUN which are actually shorter and get you 50 points. Flying in First gets you 70 points which is rather low in comparison.

Not that I'm complaining. Hello M&M, a bunch of lowly SENs would like to join your HON club, can we book a few flights in P just across the continent?
hugolover likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by SPlDER
WOW - Lifetime FTL after 42 years of continuous FTL status. LH knows how to reward loyal customers :-P
I think , that they are too generous.
The status stars are probably just one way to include the history into the LT FTL/SEN.

Another way could be, that LH evaluate the flight history regarding segments, cabin class, continental/intercontinental and airline. The LH managers have talked about that, but it seems not to be decided yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.