New European service standard in LOT Polish economy

Old Nov 9, 19, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Cool New European service standard in LOT Polish economy

It seems that LOT have genuinely enhanced the European service standard.

Before it BOB service, then still/sparkling water and coffee/tea (in winter) plus the wafer bar.

Presently we were offered an apple pastry, then there was tomato, apple and orange juice plus still/sparkling water and coffee tea. Then there is the BOB service then the wafer bar.

It's great to see LOT actually enhance their offering. This is only a week old.

Now our BArb must be contemplating whether to charge for the plastic cup for a glass of her delicious tank water. .
NewAtlantis likes this.
Old Nov 9, 19, 8:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by hugolover View Post
It seems that LOT have genuinely enhanced the European service standard.

Before it BOB service, then still/sparkling water and coffee/tea (in winter) plus the wafer bar.

Presently we were offered an apple pastry, then there was tomato, apple and orange juice plus still/sparkling water and coffee tea. Then there is the BOB service then the wafer bar.

It's great to see LOT actually enhance their offering. This is only a week old.

Now our BArb must be contemplating whether to charge for the plastic cup for a glass of her delicious tank water. .
which routes? I got the usual wafer and water on my KRK-GDN and return this week
iLied likes this.
Old Nov 9, 19, 8:06 am
Original Poster

European. Not domestic.

It seems that hot drinks are not on domestic this winter?

I received a message to say its "select European routes". Maybe where they have competition?

I know a few crew, I'll ask.
Old Nov 9, 19, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Barcelona BCN, Madrid MAD, Yerevan EVN, Tel Aviv TLV (LO 151/152), Munich MUC, Frankfurt FRA, Istanbul IST, Moscow SVO, Tibilisi TBS, Vienna VIE, Zurich ZRH, Geneva GVA, Brussels BRU, London LHR / LCY (LCY: LO 287/288, LO 289/290), Amsterdam AMS, Larnaca LCA, Paris CDG, Nice NCE.

Pretty much the routes where C/P get hot meal or they have competition. Funny that BEY gets hot meal and its like 20 mins longer.

Now who wants to tell Basia that she really doesn't need to even offer glasses of mineral water to "compete" with Barb on LHR-WAW?
yurtripper and NewAtlantis like this.
Old Nov 10, 19, 3:28 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ PPS, VA TCL, EK Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by hugolover View Post
Now who wants to tell Basia that she really doesn't need to even offer glasses of mineral water to "compete" with Barb on LHR-WAW?
LH worked this out long ago
hugolover and lhrpete like this.
Old Nov 12, 19, 4:26 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold
My experience on recent LOT flights to SOF and OTP was that - most of the items in the BOB menu were not available.
Moreover, almost no one ordered something from the menu.
hugolover likes this.
Old Nov 12, 19, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by warakorn View Post
My experience on recent LOT flights to SOF and OTP was that - most of the items in the BOB menu were not available.
Moreover, almost no one ordered something from the menu.
Surprised that most were not available but I believe these flights do have a reduced menu.

You’re right that uptake is poor on the Eastern-bound routes, the pax are too tight. But Western, I’ve seen them sell out of all hot meals and sandwiches.

I think the prices are too high. They’ve increased a lot in the past few years. At one point two cans of full size Pepsi were €1.20! TWO!

Search this Thread