Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking SAA flights via Lufthansa

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2019, 1:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Virgin Flying Club.
Booking SAA flights via Lufthansa

I need to travel to Johannesburg in a couple of weeks for a short trip. Normally I fly direct with BA (or VS) from LHR, but decided I wanted to try out SAA A340-600 and LH 747-8.

Both Google and Skyscanner show options via FRA which include an SAA flight from FRA > JNB, yet when I link to LH website it says flights are not available.

How come the search sites find it but the LH site doesnt show it?
Old Nov 8, 2019, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by npturner
I need to travel to Johannesburg in a couple of weeks for a short trip. Normally I fly direct with BA (or VS) from LHR, but decided I wanted to try out SAA A340-600 and LH 747-8.

Both Google and Skyscanner show options via FRA which include an SAA flight from FRA > JNB, yet when I link to LH website it says flights are not available.

How come the search sites find it but the LH site doesnt show it?
Try momondo or google flights & use a OTA.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Virgin Flying Club.
Originally Posted by chris63
Try momondo or google flights & use a OTA.
Thanks, I tried Google flights, but again when I click to take me to Lufthansa site it says "Fligtht not available"

Whats OTA?
Old Nov 8, 2019, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by npturner
Thanks, I tried Google flights, but again when I click to take me to Lufthansa site it says "Fligtht not available"

Whats OTA?
Online travel agent, ie Expedia.

LH website has all kinds of issues. Momondo is often better at passing you over to book IME

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.