FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Changes for Waitlist (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1994037-changes-waitlist.html)

sunseeker Nov 4, 2019 6:16 am

Changes for Waitlist

Now LH seems to have gone bonkers for good; my TA just send me the news that, effective Dec 1, only the following booking classes can be waitlisted:

Y, B, M, G, J, C und F

No more A, no more D; great move, punks... 🤬

curt Nov 4, 2019 6:33 am

Even in cases of IROPS? That would be complete BS

vantage03 Nov 4, 2019 7:02 am

Wow, this is a serious issue and one that will make me move a number of my flights elsewhere.

Raul_R Nov 4, 2019 7:20 am

Originally Posted by sunseeker (Post 31699344)
Now LH seems to have gone bonkers for good; my TA just send me the news that, effective Dec 1, only the following booking classes can be waitlisted:

Y, B, M, G, J, C und F

No more A, no more D; great move, punks... 🤬

Maybe temprorarly?
As soon they will find out that it force lot of business to go to other carriers, maybe will change it back?
Anyway, I think that competitor carriers will be more than happy if it really come in force.

Waiting list for Y, J and F is joke anyway.
I never saw any flight, where J or F was 0 availibility.

chris63 Nov 4, 2019 8:23 am

Originally Posted by vantage03 (Post 31699467)
Wow, this is a serious issue and one that will make me move a number of my flights elsewhere.

Yes,
Crazy & if that happens, I’m off elsewhere also

sunseeker Nov 4, 2019 8:58 am

Even worse...

Try to find any LH flight from Germany to the US in „C“ or „A“, i stopped looking when i reached March 2020.... 😡

Abouttimetoo Nov 4, 2019 11:58 am

Originally Posted by sunseeker (Post 31699849)
Try to find any LH flight from Germany to the US in „C“ or „A“, i stopped looking when i reached March 2020.... 😡

I must be missing something as I'm struggling to find dates when these aren't available.

sunseeker Nov 4, 2019 9:58 pm

Mmhh...

Originally Posted by Abouttimetoo (Post 31700450)
I must be missing something as I'm struggling to find dates when these aren't available.

Which engine have you been using ?
Matrix/Google only comes up with LH “F”, corresponding with what my t a is telling me ...

Raul_R Nov 5, 2019 2:28 am

Originally Posted by sunseeker (Post 31702230)
Matrix/Google only comes up with LH “F”, corresponding with what my t a is telling me ...

Expertflyer and LH.com itself show wide availability. Not for A, but business even P and Z are widely available to any date I checked.
Maybe some specific route is very busy?

sunseeker Nov 5, 2019 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Raul_R (Post 31702678)
Expertflyer and LH.com itself show wide availability. Not for A, but business even P and Z are widely available to any date I checked.
Maybe some specific route is very busy?

Nope, look for any flights to the US specifically in „A“ or „C“, since, when no avalability in „A“, you can downgrade to business only using „C“ when on a *A RTW ticket, which has been exactly my problem most recently...

vantage03 Nov 5, 2019 12:53 pm

I am seeing lots of A availability to the US. Not sure what you’re talking about..

Abouttimetoo Nov 5, 2019 1:07 pm

I was looking at expertflyer and then checked on lh.com

Raul_R Nov 6, 2019 12:42 am

Find new T A. ;)

Raul_R Nov 26, 2019 8:18 am

Indeed there will be no more waitlist for many classes

Got yesterday official confirmation as follows:
From 1 December 2019: change to waiting list requests

Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, SWISS and Brussels Airlines are harmonising their waiting list process. From 1 December 2019, a waiting list booking will only be possible in the following booking classes:
  • Economy Class: Y, B, M
  • Premium Economy Class: G
  • Business Class: J, C
  • First Class: F
Existing waiting list bookings in other booking classes will still be honoured after 1 December 2019.

Recyclops Nov 26, 2019 8:51 am

[Edit: Never mind! This got moved to a different thread with more context. I see now that it's neither of the things I thought.]

Raul_R Are those the booking classes from which you're now allowed to waitlist an upgrade to a higher class, or are those the booking classes that a waitlisted upgrade will clear into?

oliver2002 Nov 26, 2019 8:53 am

No this is an update to the system where TAs could WL customers for other booking classes in order to get a better fare/pricing for their HON/SEN customers.

Recyclops Nov 26, 2019 9:05 am

How does restricting waitlisting to G for Premium Economy and F for First make sense? Aren't those already the most expensive booking classes in each of those cabins? Wouldn't a flight only be F0 if every seat in the first class cabin had been sold? I guess waitlisting could have some value if people later cancelled their flights and seats opened up, but being able to waitlist A for a flight that's A0 F>0 (or similar for the other cabins) seems like it would have been far more useful, under the old system.

f4freeJunior Nov 26, 2019 9:11 am

Wait, does that mean that I can no longer add a waitlist for A class?
Can a TA send a manual request for clearance in A?
Goes into the direction of abolishing F. A plane never fills up with only F fares.

oliver2002 Nov 26, 2019 9:22 am

Nope, no more WL for the cheaper classes. The procedure used to be that you could WL and then ask LH to consider opening up a seat in the BK. Now its simple: if LH keeps A/D/Z/E open you can grab it, if not then tough luck. This is going to suck with MSC...

f4freeJunior Nov 26, 2019 10:12 am

This sucks big time!
A waitlist on J is of zero use. Even C cleares most of the time automatically - at least out of my market ex ZRH.
I frequently book J (the only capable thing our wonderful corporate TA is able to do...) and then add a waitlist for an upfared A tarif if necessary.

Question: does that also mean that we can no longer waitlist FC upgrades on LX since they book into "A"?

LH group is getting worse every day for us premium flyers and I hate myself more and more for giving them business. But the convenience of a nonstop flight still outweighs the frustration. For the time being.

vantage03 Nov 26, 2019 11:12 am

This more will literally force me on to other carriers when A isn’t available as unless it’s last minute, I will not pay for F on their routes where it is priced at double what they charge A class. Well done LH.

demue Nov 27, 2019 1:23 am

Well maybe LH will open more A inventory then ;).

Agreed that this is rubbish. Reminds me a bit of SQ's award waitlist changes (long story) which basically means that these days you can't waitlist a saver redemption any longer if >2 weeks from departure.

Recyclops Nov 27, 2019 11:38 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 31778841)
This is going to suck with MSC...

MSC = Most Significant Carrier, I presume? Trying to figure out what the implications here would be. Is the issue that it will be much harder to book cheap multi-carrier tickets because Lufthansa not waitlisting space in the cheaper classes will push your whole ticket into a higher class?

daumueller Nov 27, 2019 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by Recyclops (Post 31782987)
MSC = Most Significant Carrier, I presume? Trying to figure out what the implications here would be. Is the issue that it will be much harder to book cheap multi-carrier tickets because Lufthansa not waitlisting space in the cheaper classes will push your whole ticket into a higher class?

married segments
but, yes that’s the issue

Recyclops Nov 27, 2019 10:09 pm

Ahh, MSC = Married Segment Control. Hadn't come across that one before. Thanks!