Changes for Waitlist

Old Nov 26, 19, 8:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No this is an update to the system where TAs could WL customers for other booking classes in order to get a better fare/pricing for their HON/SEN customers.
Old Nov 26, 19, 9:05 am

How does restricting waitlisting to G for Premium Economy and F for First make sense? Aren't those already the most expensive booking classes in each of those cabins? Wouldn't a flight only be F0 if every seat in the first class cabin had been sold? I guess waitlisting could have some value if people later cancelled their flights and seats opened up, but being able to waitlist A for a flight that's A0 F>0 (or similar for the other cabins) seems like it would have been far more useful, under the old system.
Old Nov 26, 19, 9:11 am

Programs: LX SEN, SQ QPPS2, Hilton Gold, Shangri-La Jade, SLH
Wait, does that mean that I can no longer add a waitlist for A class?
Can a TA send a manual request for clearance in A?
Goes into the direction of abolishing F. A plane never fills up with only F fares.
Old Nov 26, 19, 9:22 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Nope, no more WL for the cheaper classes. The procedure used to be that you could WL and then ask LH to consider opening up a seat in the BK. Now its simple: if LH keeps A/D/Z/E open you can grab it, if not then tough luck. This is going to suck with MSC...
Old Nov 26, 19, 10:12 am

Programs: LX SEN, SQ QPPS2, Hilton Gold, Shangri-La Jade, SLH
This sucks big time!
A waitlist on J is of zero use. Even C cleares most of the time automatically - at least out of my market ex ZRH.
I frequently book J (the only capable thing our wonderful corporate TA is able to do...) and then add a waitlist for an upfared A tarif if necessary.

Question: does that also mean that we can no longer waitlist FC upgrades on LX since they book into "A"?

LH group is getting worse every day for us premium flyers and I hate myself more and more for giving them business. But the convenience of a nonstop flight still outweighs the frustration. For the time being.
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 26, 19, 11:12 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ PPS, VA TCL, EK Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist
This more will literally force me on to other carriers when A isnít available as unless itís last minute, I will not pay for F on their routes where it is priced at double what they charge A class. Well done LH.
f4freeJunior and chris63 like this.
Old Nov 27, 19, 1:23 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Spire AMB, HH Gold, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Well maybe LH will open more A inventory then .

Agreed that this is rubbish. Reminds me a bit of SQ's award waitlist changes (long story) which basically means that these days you can't waitlist a saver redemption any longer if >2 weeks from departure.
Old Nov 27, 19, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
This is going to suck with MSC...
MSC = Most Significant Carrier, I presume? Trying to figure out what the implications here would be. Is the issue that it will be much harder to book cheap multi-carrier tickets because Lufthansa not waitlisting space in the cheaper classes will push your whole ticket into a higher class?
Old Nov 27, 19, 9:42 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by Recyclops View Post
MSC = Most Significant Carrier, I presume? Trying to figure out what the implications here would be. Is the issue that it will be much harder to book cheap multi-carrier tickets because Lufthansa not waitlisting space in the cheaper classes will push your whole ticket into a higher class?
married segments
but, yes thatís the issue
Old Nov 27, 19, 10:09 pm

Ahh, MSC = Married Segment Control. Hadn't come across that one before. Thanks!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: