First/HON Baggage arrival time @ YYZ?

Old Nov 1, 19, 12:51 am
Original Poster

First/HON Baggage arrival time @ YYZ?

Can I ask how long one would normally have to wait for bags to arrive at the carousel at YYZ? Bags were tagged as First based on originating flight.

thanks in advance.
Old Nov 1, 19, 12:52 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, LH, MR TIT, IHG GLD
As the YYZ metal doesn't have First class cabin, the bags will be accompanied with the business class ones.
Old Nov 1, 19, 3:14 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ PPS, VA TCL, EK Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer View Post
As the YYZ metal doesn't have First class cabin, the bags will be accompanied with the business class ones.
On many short haul flights with just Euro C and Y, LH manage to deliver HON bags first. Why canít they do this on long haul? (Iíve never flown into YYZ)

At LHR, HON bags come out first 9/10 times. Literally with a gap between them and regular priority bags. Itís excellent.
Old Nov 2, 19, 2:03 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by vantage03 View Post
On many short haul flights with just Euro C and Y, LH manage to deliver HON bags first. Why canít they do this on long haul? (Iíve never flown into YYZ)

At LHR, HON bags come out first 9/10 times. Literally with a gap between them and regular priority bags. Itís excellent.
Not at FCO. But then again I donít think even regular priority was followed there. Just bags coming out as they will.
Old Nov 2, 19, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
It is in large part due to the ground operations at YYZ. My own experience is very mixed.
Old Nov 2, 19, 5:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: United Gold, BA Exec Club, Via Rail
Having flown to/through YYZ a number of times with checked-bags my advice would be to carry a paper bag around with you! This UA*G flyer has had to wait 40 minutes and sometimes over an hour for the bag to arrive and that's with the *Gold priority tags applied! Between this and OTP is why I avoid flying out of/through YYZ whenever I can (although sometimes not possible).

As an aside, arguably the best airport for baggage delivery is LHR. I've never had to wait for my bags to arrive at the carousel (they usually are out before I clear the eGates).

Safe Travels,

James
Old Nov 2, 19, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by j2simpso View Post
...{snip}...As an aside, arguably the best airport for baggage delivery is LHR. I've never had to wait for my bags to arrive at the carousel (they usually are out before I clear the eGates)...{snip}...
This is not because they handle luggage fast; it's because it usually takes too long to walk from the gate to the carousel (plus time to go through immigration).
Old Nov 3, 19, 1:14 am

Programs: LH HON
At LHR I’ve always had to wait for my bags, even when going via e-gates. Although they are generally good when it comes to putting the priority bags out first.
Old Nov 6, 19, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Just wanted to provide an update and say that our bags were the only two with HON Tags on them and they were the first ones to make it to the belt....no other bags came out with them.
Old Nov 6, 19, 6:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by yyz-kin View Post
Just wanted to provide an update and say that our bags were the only two with HON Tags on them and they were the first ones to make it to the belt....no other bags came out with them.
Could you comment on how long it took for your bags to arrive on the conveyor?

-James
Old Nov 6, 19, 8:13 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; GHA Black; IHG Gold; Avis PresClub
Could you comment on how long it took for your bags to arrive on the conveyor?

-James
24 minutes and 45.658 seconds after touchdown
Old Nov 6, 19, 8:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by athome View Post
24 minutes and 45.658 seconds after touchdown
And what timepiece were you using to measure this? Hopefully it's Swiss
Old Nov 6, 19, 8:40 pm

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
And what timepiece were you using to measure this? Hopefully it's Swiss