Travelling to Lyon Airport with Lufthansa

Old Oct 31, 19, 5:38 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: YOW
Programs: AC SE75, SPG Gold
Posts: 154
Travelling to Lyon Airport with Lufthansa

I apologise in advance regarding my ignorance for intra-European travel, which is why I'm turning to the experts. I'm currently travelling on LH 1074 from Frankfurt to Lyon, which is not my final destination. Could someone let me know if I arrive in France from Germany, would one disembark at the same gate, where the passengers are waiting to embark on the return flight LH 1075 from Lyon to Frankfurt?
qrctraveller is online now  
Old Oct 31, 19, 5:42 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,300
Originally Posted by qrctraveller View Post
I apologise in advance regarding my ignorance for intra-European travel, which is why I'm turning to the experts. I'm currently travelling on LH 1074 from Frankfurt to Lyon, which is not my final destination. Could someone let me know if I arrive in France from Germany, would one disembark at the same gate, where the passengers are waiting to embark on the return flight LH 1075 from Lyon to Frankfurt?
Yes. IIRC you just walk past the people who are waiting to board, as you arrive clean and Schengen.

Havenít been to LYS since June, but think this is how it (still) works there.
worldclubber is online now  
Old Oct 31, 19, 6:50 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: YOW
Programs: AC SE75, SPG Gold
Posts: 154
Thanks for the prompt response worldclubber. I will most definitely be taking advantage of this situation.
qrctraveller is online now  
Old Oct 31, 19, 7:42 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: USA, France
Programs: LH HON, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; GHA Black; IHG Gold; Avis PresClub
Posts: 501
If the aircraft gets an apron position, passengers will be bused. In this case arriving and departing areas are not the same anymore.
athome is offline  
Old Oct 31, 19, 8:22 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: YOW
Programs: AC SE75, SPG Gold
Posts: 154
athorne: thanks for letting me know that alternative, hopefully that doesn't happen. I will advise the Air Canada concierge at Lyon of my intentions in advance and I will make sure not to have any check in luggage.
qrctraveller is online now  
Old Oct 31, 19, 9:42 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 4,149
Originally Posted by qrctraveller View Post
athorne: thanks for letting me know that alternative, hopefully that doesn't happen. I will advise the Air Canada concierge at Lyon of my intentions in advance and I will make sure not to have any check in luggage.
Very unlikely that it will be an outside position at LYS for the FRA flight IME.

Boarding & exiting the aircraft will be at the same open gate area.
worldclubber likes this.
chris63 is offline  
Old Nov 1, 19, 3:06 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,300
Originally Posted by athome View Post
If the aircraft gets an apron position, passengers will be bused. In this case arriving and departing areas are not the same anymore.
Has that ever happened? Never had a bus at LYS.

Usually looks like this, even for the smaller LH aircraft:

chris63 likes this.
worldclubber is online now  
Old Nov 1, 19, 3:10 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,300
Originally Posted by qrctraveller View Post
athorne: thanks for letting me know that alternative, hopefully that doesn't happen. I will advise the Air Canada concierge at Lyon of my intentions in advance and I will make sure not to have any check in luggage.
AC parks close by:

chris63 likes this.
worldclubber is online now  
Old Nov 1, 19, 5:36 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: USA, France
Programs: LH HON, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; GHA Black; IHG Gold; Avis PresClub
Posts: 501
It happened twice or three times over the past years, when the airport was extremely busy (holiday season).
athome is offline  
Old Nov 1, 19, 11:32 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,268
LYS is a lovely city. The true gourmet capital of France. What a pity the Hilton was reflagged.
chris63 and worldclubber like this.
hugolover is offline  
Old Nov 1, 19, 11:45 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 4,149
Originally Posted by hugolover View Post
LYS is a lovely city. The true gourmet capital of France. What a pity the Hilton was reflagged.
Nice airport also but then almost any airport looks good in comparison to MAN
chris63 is offline  
Old Nov 1, 19, 11:51 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,300
Originally Posted by hugolover View Post
LYS is a lovely city. The true gourmet capital of France. What a pity the Hilton was reflagged.
LYS has a lot going for it. Glad I will have to go there quite a bit until at least 2023.
worldclubber is online now  
Old Nov 1, 19, 11:52 am
  #13  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: YOW
Programs: AC SE75, SPG Gold
Posts: 154
Thanks everyone for the updates, hopefully the flight is parked at a gate.
qrctraveller is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread