Companion buy-in on a non-LH flight for FTL lounge?

Old Oct 26, 2019, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Companion buy-in on a non-LH flight for FTL lounge?

Hello all,

I will be travelling on Air Canada from Frankfurt soon, with a companion.

I have a Platinum Amex, which would grant me access to the lounges, but I believe only on LH flights (I would have preffered the LH 747 flight anyway, but I couldn't buy it on the same fare )

Still, as far as I can tell, I will be able to access via my LH FTL (I don't think I will be *G at the time, unless some very exceptional work travel pops up...). At least that's what the website says.

I also know it is possible to buy access for 25 EUR, but for that, the website says "companions must show a valid Lufthansa boarding pass with LH ticket number for a Lufthansa/Star Alliance flight departing on the same day.".

Am I out of luck? Is my only option hoping that a helpful *G takes my companion as their invitee and I get in on my FTL?
Old Oct 27, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: LH SEN
Yes, unfortunately no 220 ticket number/LH BP = no lounge voucher.

The problem is that *G will most likely be using the SEN lounge.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Skywards
Make an inquiry on the lounge meet up thread with your travel details and maybe someone on here is at the airport at the same time and can guest you guys in.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vkis
Yes, unfortunately no 220 ticket number/LH BP = no lounge voucher.

The problem is that *G will most likely be using the SEN lounge.
SEN lounge or Maple Leaf lounge, which I actually quite enjoyed the other time I was in there... indeed.

Originally Posted by br0snic
Make an inquiry on the lounge meet up thread with your travel details and maybe someone on here is at the airport at the same time and can guest you guys in.
Well, we'll see. As mentioned, the problem here is that *G will probably want to go to a *G lounge, which I can't enter, as such. Oh well.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 6:30 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The MLL fra will sell you access for a guest for 25€ if you have an AC amex, and you can buy MLL access for 25-50$ with your AC ticket in the MMB of ac.com.

https://www.aircanada.com/de/en/aco/...f-lounges.html
chris63 likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The MLL fra will sell you access for a guest for 25€ if you have an AC amex, and you can buy MLL access for 25-50$ with your AC ticket in the MMB of ac.com.

https://www.aircanada.com/de/en/aco/...f-lounges.html
It’s a great lounge, much better than SEN lounges
Old Oct 28, 2019, 8:03 am
Original Poster

No AC Amex, just a regular one... and since the ticket is bought through an OTA, can't click on Add Travel Options in MMB. But I think it's not available for basic economy anyway. It's not the end of the world, we'll just wait in the public section for once. (not willing to shell out 60 euros for LoungeBuddy voucher for FTL...)
Old Oct 28, 2019, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chris63
It’s a great lounge, much better than SEN lounges
Indeed, very nice. I haven't visited the SEN lounge in B in particular, but compared to other SEN lounges in FRA, it felt very nice and tranquil, even though it was quite full.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.