LH App mileage calculator

Old Oct 20, 19, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN
LH App mileage calculator

Is it just me or is this mileage calculator almost impossible to use? For multiple segment journeys it must be easier to solve the riddle of the Sphinx than use this awful thing.
dtbe likes this.
Old Jan 20, 20, 6:49 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Even when I do manage to input the 29 or so different flight and ticket data points for a four sector itinerary booked directly with LH the award points total result from the app deviates from the actual miles total by anywhere between 400 and 700 odd miles. Is it supposed to give an accurate result or is it just a toy to keep us amused?
Old Jan 20, 20, 7:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
There was a recent update to the M&M app which somewhat simplifies the mileage calculator.
Old Jan 21, 20, 7:25 am

Programs: LH SEN, TK Elite, FB Silver
Its such a big pain in the ... that you HAVE TO put in the ticket deatils (issued by, date, carrier, fare, YQ)... like ...... I mostly care about status miles, since award miles calculation is a no brainer anyways... but its just so annoying that the app forces you to enter those irrelevant details.
btw, older versions did not force the user to do so... you could just leave the award miles segment empty and it would say 0 miles.

Furthermore, the list of airports is just so bizzare. Like you want to chose FRA and it just shows the most irrelevant airports on this planet, like DHAFARA Military APT, Fort de France, Fort Frances, Franca etc... and FRA = Frankfurt International (the Main Lufthansa HUB ) can be found somewhere in the middle of this list... I wonder what intern was chosen to create this app and make a fun out of Lufthansa
Old Jan 23, 20, 3:03 pm

Programs: SQ(*G), A3(*G), LH(*S), SK, BA; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
I've got the latest version of the app and if you want to calculate earnings for credit to a non-LH group airline (like LO) it's considerably easier as you don't have to enter any fare details, but they still use the same system as previously and status miles were fairly easy to work out with the wheretocredit calculator feature.
Old Feb 6, 20, 11:57 am

Programs: LH SEN
Miles & More app has been upgraded to a new version, in which, as advertised, they "have simplified the calculation of miles for flights".
Actually, I don't see it as a big improvement.
Old Jul 27, 20, 2:50 am

Programs: LH SEN
In M&M phone app there is now a survey about the Mileage Calculator - "Help us improve the Mileage Calculator - Your opinion matters!".
We can let them know what we think of this overcomplicated useless tool! I hope our opinion does matter...
Old Jul 27, 20, 11:25 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Silver
Of course they want it to be awkward and difficult to use... They hope that without a good overview, we will pay more for less. I thought that was a given...

Highly annoying that it’s ONLY in the app AFAIK... Why not on the website like the old one ?

Also highly annoying that you have to tap in “LUFTHANSA” but it doesn’t recognise “LH”.

Last edited by FlyerLX; Jul 28, 20 at 4:05 pm
Old Jul 28, 20, 3:16 pm

Programs: M&M, LHW, Shangri-La.
They managed to even make the survey far more complicated than necessary.

LH just loves complexity.
FlyerLX likes this.
Old Jul 30, 20, 10:43 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I thought that by simply not answering it would be sending a loud enough message. Really, I can't be bothered with it. Let them send surveys to each other and waste each other's time.
Old Jul 31, 20, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by LH600 View Post
Furthermore, the list of airports is just so bizzare. Like you want to chose FRA and it just shows the most irrelevant airports on this planet, like DHAFARA Military APT, Fort de France, Fort Frances, Franca etc... and FRA = Frankfurt International (the Main Lufthansa HUB ) can be found somewhere in the middle of this list... I wonder what intern was chosen to create this app and make a fun out of Lufthansa
Munich (MUC) not even on the list
Old Jul 31, 20, 3:17 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Silver
Originally Posted by oruvin View Post
Munich (MUC) not even on the list
I think you have to type MUNICH not MUC... Maybe MÜNCHEN works too... Just another unhelpful aspect of this dreadful calculator.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: