Wiki Posts
Search

Significant changes in 2021 for Status (re-)qualification criteria

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2019, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by thbe
Rumors say, that the changes will take effect from January 1, 2021.
Would make sense, since currently there is a 2 yr requalification window, I’m almost half way through mine & way more than 50% completed, it looms large in my M&M account how far I have got to date
Old Nov 3, 2019, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sophialite
im humored that they’re throwing an event to announce negative changes.
Presumably security at the door, so no one can actually throw anything of substance

Note to them not to use FRA security or some will miss the meeting.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 1:34 am

Programs: UA *G MM, SPG LTG, AA, LH
And that 11/11 is the start of Fasching aka silly season. Very fitting.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 2:30 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by chris63
Would make sense, since currently there is a 2 yr requalification window, I’m almost half way through mine & way more than 50% completed, it looms large in my M&M account how far I have got to date
So in this case, those who requalify in 2020 (likely me) we will have the status guaranteed till 28.02.23 . The 1st year for requalifying with the new rules would be 2022.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Marcin83
So in this case, those who requalify in 2020 (likely me) we will have the status guaranteed till 28.02.23 . The 1st year for requalifying with the new rules would be 2022.
I’m certainly expecting that since I’m quite the way there & of course they are promising this under the current rules, there is no maybe in their promises , my requalification period is this year & next.

1st Year for qualifying under the new rules might be 2021 but by then we would already have requalified
Old Nov 3, 2019, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chris63
Yes. It will be interesting to see, if FTL, SEN and HON will get the same kind of changes. Until now FTL and SEN qualification are much more similar to each other than to HON.
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thbe
Yes. It will be interesting to see, if FTL, SEN and HON will get the same kind of changes. Until now FTL and SEN qualification are much more similar to each other than to HON.
Yes, for HON it’s two rolling years & some of us are already rolling along
Old Nov 3, 2019, 4:47 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
Yes, actually should be much-much easier just send a letter.

I remember around 12 years ago when (bankrupted for now 5 years ago) airline made TV commercial promote fact that there will not be any more included in ticket price catering on board. There was one stewardess trying to feed a pax and then text, that "as improvement from now you will be not forced to eat on board of the plane!".

So the event may be similar -- "we have good news, in the future your evenings will be free and no more need to bother to come to such an event" and for that we will take away your status. But it is purely in pax own interest to have more free time at the evenings!
Old Nov 3, 2019, 5:36 am
Formerly known as koeche

Programs: LX HON, QR Plat, Hilton Diamond, Windows 11, Adobe Creative Suite
What is going to be interesting with a change to revenue status is demographics. We all know that flights from certain airports are cheaper than from others. So for customers living in those countries it's going to be much more difficult to reach a goal ...

I mean also todays system is revenue based up to some point but treats everyone the same. Higher fare buckets lead to more miles.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 6:24 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Originally Posted by CheckInPeach
What is going to be interesting with a change to revenue status is demographics. We all know that flights from certain airports are cheaper than from others. So for customers living in those countries it's going to be much more difficult to reach a goal ...

I mean also todays system is revenue based up to some point but treats everyone the same. Higher fare buckets lead to more miles.
Ex-ZRH prices are usually very high - more HONs for LX soon 🙈
Old Nov 3, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
I’m not sure what the revenue requirements would be. I’ll end the year with 730k HON miles. If I had to guess how much I’ve spent on my tickets it’s probably let’s say an average of 6k EUR per ticket and 8 F class tickets per year. At 48k revenue points over two years I’m not sure that would cut it. That barely cuts it for 1K on United...
gru_muc likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 7:40 am
Formerly known as koeche

Programs: LX HON, QR Plat, Hilton Diamond, Windows 11, Adobe Creative Suite
Originally Posted by HKG1111
Ex-ZRH prices are usually very high - more HONs for LX soon 🙈
I thought so too ... I heard an internal rumor that they calculate loosing over 100 current HON with the new system but at the same time will gain a similar amount of new HON.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 8:18 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
I thought so too ... I heard an internal rumor that they calculate loosing over 100 current HON with the new system but at the same time will gain a similar amount of new HON.
Make changes just for changes then?
Do not look very wise actually...

Anyway, if there is around 3000-4000 HON's (if somebody know better, I am very interested on that) and new change will only affect 100 of them... really strange.

At least hopefully my travel pattern will then not go under that 100. As I understood there is much lower cost per HON-miles than I paid.

Interesting time.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LH & M&M calculations..... if it’s anything close to their IT good luck with that.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Maybe the new system is designed to cull SENs, but overall impact on HONs should be minimal? We’ll see.
gru_muc and Lewis42 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.