Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Significant changes in 2021 for Status (re-)qualification criteria

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2019, 7:50 am
Formerly known as koeche

Programs: LX HON, QR Plat, Hilton Diamond, Windows 11, Adobe Creative Suite
According to internal sources an announcement to customers about changes will be sent mid. November. Expected is a transition to revenue based status and 1 year qualification term.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
Originally Posted by CheckInPeach
According to internal sources an announcement to customers about changes will be sent mid. November. Expected is a transition to revenue based status and 1 year qualification term.
There are some in-person events for frequent flyers, too.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
So it's too late to qualify for SEN this year, apparently (haven't banked any flights yet to LH...) - I hope this will not be in immediate effect...
Old Nov 2, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
For 2020??!! Hopefully since 2021 as many FTL/SEN/HON already have existing bookings
Old Nov 2, 2019, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
LH can see how this works out for UA ... my guess is it will work out for them, so LH can follow.

If they go to $$$-based status qualification, what is everyone's guess?

20.000 EUR for Sen and 50.000 EUR for HON?
Old Nov 2, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by cfischer
LH can see how this works out for UA ... my guess is it will work out for them, so LH can follow.

In my (and other internationally-based FFers') opinions, United has made a big mistake in alienating us - requiring 54 segments on United (or other *A carriers?) to qualify - else we have to *spend* 24k USD to maintain 1K status.

Let's see how this works out...

I may have to move to Europe soon, so SK may be the best FF program for me - although LH has always been the 2nd choice...
Old Nov 2, 2019, 2:32 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Hydro88
There are some in-person events for frequent flyers, too.
The event is on November 11 in the evening.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: EBD , FBG
Originally Posted by cfischer

Can somebody explain what revenue based qualification is, compared to the current qualification?
Old Nov 2, 2019, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Kleffen
Can somebody explain what revenue based qualification is, compared to the current qualification?
Basically, a requirement to achieve elite status in conjunction with your status miles - the minimum revenue required in terms of how much you give LH group in terms of EUR/USD, etc.

This could mean (as per UA - as I understand) paid tickets (normally without taxes), paid upgrades, possibly seat allocation fees, baggage fees?, etc...

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Nov 2, 2019 at 2:53 pm Reason: Further clarity...
Old Nov 2, 2019, 2:55 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Kleffen

Current qualification - 100K status miles. Those can cost you, very much in theory, 10 euros, or 100 thousand euros. not sure what the actual average price ends up. 5k? Seems to low. 10K? 20K?

Full on revenue based - you have to spend 25K. plus taxes. Presumably M&M airlines would enter by direct pull from ticket price, while *A partner tickets would work by some kind of a formula. Maybe 1/4 of current mileage credit.

We could end up with a hybrid system as well.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
So it's too late to qualify for SEN this year, apparently (haven't banked any flights yet to LH...) - I hope this will not be in immediate effect...
Cannot be with immediate effect, they have to give notice, minimum of 3 Months for M&M changes.
& then usually existing bookings with promised status miles etc need to be respected
Old Nov 3, 2019, 1:17 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
If airlines wanted to go full revenue based for status it’s just a matter of time before you should just be able to buy it with cash instead of flying. It’s clear money is all they care about.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 1:18 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The event is on November 11 in the evening.
im humored that they’re throwing an event to announce negative changes.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 1:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chris63
Cannot be with immediate effect, they have to give notice, minimum of 3 Months for M&M changes.
& then usually existing bookings with promised status miles etc need to be respected
Rumors say, that the changes will take effect from January 1, 2021.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 1:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sophialite
im humored that they’re throwing an event to announce negative changes.
Actually that is the most wise component from all heard so far.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.