Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Significant changes in 2021 for Status (re-)qualification criteria

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2019, 12:59 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
If there is aynthing that surprises me, it is the A fares still give 300%.
That and the two years status period are among the strengths of M&M. If they make money selling A and need it to fill their F cabins, they probably shouldn’t change that. Would probably move even more of my business to other airlines, e.g. to the ones that give me 200 percent for just about any J cabin ticket.

The change to revenue based award miles has already reduced my LH Group flying from about 80+ percent select miles in previous years to less than 50 percent this year. LH shouldn’t “force” us even more to fly with other airlines. Not relevant for HON but the many SENs out there.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 2:26 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
I’m not sure where the consultant math decides this, but I think the power of loyalty programs is that they compel a traveler to spend a bit more on an airline ticket with the airline as opposed to a competitor. The more an airline dilutes its program the more it risks making the traveler a “free agent.”

Even worse is that this compels travelers to build loyalty with other airlines. What compels me to fly LH group is that now with Y dates I get priority everything and lounge access. But if I can also easily build a BA or FB status with similar benefits (it’s not that hard to get some priority and some free lounge access), it’s a tougher sell for me to connect in the EU when I can fly direct to another EU destination less expensively.

Anyways, just musings out loud. The worst case scenario is clearly the US carriers. By far. And I think it’s a long while before LH goes there either because of loyalty to its customers or sheer IT/administrative incompetence.
more4less and Fabo.sk like this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by worldclubber
That and the two years status period are among the strengths of M&M. If they make money selling A and need it to fill their F cabins, they probably shouldn’t change that.
Yes, those are the things keeping me with LH group but cost of A fares vary dramatically by market so not necessary to downguage status miles because they can limit the attraction by price. Their IT cannot cope currently & that ought to positively limit their appetite for change.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 3:11 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by hugolover
Everyone has their own reasons for one status or another, it’s like arguing whether you prefer trans or pan sexual womon and what matters is what it costs you, at least that is my consideration. Unless one is part of the political class like a Polish MP I’m looking at right now.

On the routes that many of us fly, arrivals lounge access for SEN is reduced to a plastic card to scratch the ice of one’s Skoda.

At least we are in agreement of the most premium carrier in the skies. BArb.
What on earth are you talking about???
Maniak likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 3:11 am

P-ification of A fares would be disturbing. I get that with ultra-discounted business comes an increasingly less and less premium experience and probably accrual. But no need to compromise with F. F should by definition have no compromises.
gru_muc likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sophialite
P-ification of A fares would be disturbing. I get that with ultra-discounted business comes an increasingly less and less premium experience and probably accrual. But no need to compromise with F. F should by definition have no compromises.
Agreed & they can cover it with price & availability
Old Oct 22, 2019, 1:09 pm

Programs: LH-SEN
I do hope that's not a hint of nervousness I detect, I'd miss the champagne reviews!
chris63 likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by chris63
Agreed & they can cover it with price & availability
or come up with a third bucket... to cover for ex-ukraine trips etc
Old Oct 22, 2019, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Abouttimetoo
I do hope that's not a hint of nervousness I detect, I'd miss the champagne reviews!
LH & M&M are constantly a source of nervousness
hugolover likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by daumueller
or come up with a third bucket... to cover for ex-ukraine trips etc
Yes ..... a -
Old Oct 23, 2019, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LondonElite
What on earth are you talking about???
Oh dear. For premium pax only I’m afraid.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 12:32 am
Original Poster

For LH the best HONs are customers, who fly First only, as the additional costs from First to HON are low. It doesn't really matter, if they are booked in A or F.

The worst HONs for LH are customers, who get the HON as cheap as possible for flying Eco as often as possible.

The task is to keep the first ones and to get rid of the second ones.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 1:30 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by thbe
The worst HONs for LH are customers, who get the HON as cheap as possible for flying Eco as often as possible.
Since Eco doesn't generate HON miles, that is a non-issue.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by zara
Since Eco doesn't generate HON miles, that is a non-issue.
I guess the next worst customers in HON are those who get it flying mostly or all business.

The world we’ve come to where an airline doesn’t value its business travelers...
Old Oct 23, 2019, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thbe
For LH the best HONs are customers, who fly First only, as the additional costs from First to HON are low. It doesn't really matter, if they are booked in A or F.

The task is to keep the first ones and to get rid of the second ones.
The massive Cull of HON’s came with the abolition of HON miles in Y & the P fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.