Wiki Posts
Search

Significant changes in 2021 for Status (re-)qualification criteria

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2019, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by athome
What's about 6* HONs like me? Do they get a cash back for each leg on LH group in addition to the Liftetime guarantee to get an upgrade to First from K?
That would make the Stars ⭐️ worth something , so it’s not going to happen
Old Nov 4, 2019, 2:26 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
I've requalified for SEN this year and it's the first year of my two-year period. Under the current system it would mean I'm secured all the way to February 2023 and only need to requalify once in either 2021 or 2022. If they switch to a one-year period then that probably means I'd need to requalify in 2021 already and every year thereafter. In which case I'd say, screw you, I'm taking my money elsewhere. I've tolerated the constant enhancements to M&M mainly because I only need to plan around them once every two years. This might be the factor that finally sends me packing if it happens, and I doubt I'm the only one.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 2:44 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
I've requalified for SEN this year and it's the first year of my two-year period. Under the current system it would mean I'm secured all the way to February 2023 and only need to requalify once in either 2021 or 2022. If they switch to a one-year period then that probably means I'd need to requalify in 2021 already and every year thereafter. In which case I'd say, screw you, I'm taking my money elsewhere. I've tolerated the constant enhancements to M&M mainly because I only need to plan around them once every two years. This might be the factor that finally sends me packing if it happens, and I doubt I'm the only one.
My guess is that you'll need to re-qualify in 2023 under the new rules.
Marcin83 likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andywaw
My guess is that you'll need to re-qualify in 2023 under the new rules.
Hardly, since the OP’s SEN status would expire in Feb 23....
Old Nov 4, 2019, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
I would expect them to honour the current rules & you have already requalified to Feb 23 & so you would need to requalify in 2022 & then annualy but that’s speculation....
Old Nov 4, 2019, 3:57 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Not for me! As long as I can easily reach SEN, I get the best of both worlds, so why wouldn’t I?
Isn't SEN still better than non-SEN Star Gold for F redemption on LX/LH?

On the other hand A3 Gold is needed for benefits on OA flights.

And SQ PPS is needed for SQ double baggage allowance (rather than 20kg extra)

Of course an evil way of earning SEN is double-dipping on SQ, earning PPS value and crediting miles to M&M...

Signed: Juggler
Old Nov 4, 2019, 3:58 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
How about HON requalitifcation?

I end this year with 850k HON miles, and my qualification period ends on December 31st. After old rules I'd be extended till February 2022. And now?
Old Nov 4, 2019, 4:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
How about HON requalitifcation?

I end this year with 850k HON miles, and my qualification period ends on December 31st. After old rules I'd be extended till February 2022. And now?
No changes for this year. Very likely no changes for next year.

So your status will be extended till Feb 2022.
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by thbe
No changes for this year. Very likely no changes for next year.

So your status will be extended till Feb 2022.
Thanks.

As irony has it, my M&M page was updated just today: it confirms extension till Feb 2022, mentions the number of HON miles I have earned in 2019 (and explains that they are not relevant for extension), and six evouchers got added to my account.

So at least from that end I am "safe". Now let's see what next Monday brings. I managed this year to extend HON, earn Flying Blue ULTIMATE, and renew BA Gold. Not sure that will be possible again.HON is the one I am most attached to, as it provides the most and best benefits. And flying LX (which is my main airline) is not that much worse/better than AF (which is my other main airline).
Old Nov 5, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: LH SEN *
My SEN status was updated today (November 5th) and 2 vouchers appeared in my account. The SEN status has been extended until Feb 2022. I always manage to requalify within the first year of my status. Hence, I have already flights planned/booked for 2020 and hope I can requalify effectively during the next year under the current rules, which would extend the status until Feb 2024.
Should the new rules be announced and become effective in 2021, I understand I will face the issue of requalification (according to the new rules) in 2023 to maintain the status for 2024?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 12:34 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Isn't SEN still better than non-SEN Star Gold for F redemption on LX/LH?
That's precisely one of the reasons why I get SEN as long as they don't make it ridiculously difficult.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: LH, BA, AA
Mine extended also with an additional star which I thought I’m still 6 months away. Anyway, stars are useless for me ...
Old Nov 5, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by LHSEN
Anyway, stars are useless for me ...
Don't you worry. You are not alone.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh, they’re useful. To spot the HONs who should be publicly challenged by their behaviour to staff in the WAW lounge.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 2:18 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by andywaw
My SEN status was updated today (November 5th) and 2 vouchers appeared in my account. The SEN status has been extended until Feb 2022. I always manage to requalify within the first year of my status. Hence, I have already flights planned/booked for 2020 and hope I can requalify effectively during the next year under the current rules, which would extend the status until Feb 2024.
Should the new rules be announced and become effective in 2021, I understand I will face the issue of requalification (according to the new rules) in 2023 to maintain the status for 2024?
Same situation here but, depending in the new rules, I may switch to another *A FFP already from next year. What is the point in qualifying up to 02/2024 if I have no chance in qualifying after that? Moving to SAS Eurobonus and starting the 10 year period to obtain lifetime status is a good option, and also the very easy to achieve *G on Aegean.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.