HHonors Gold - Select Benefit for Senator

Old Apr 29, 18, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, Sixt Diamond
Senator Select Benefit - Hilton Gold Status not repeatable after one year?

As a happy SEN I just received the invite to claim my Select Benefit. As in the last year, I chose the Hilfon Gold Status Voucher.

However, when registering in the link and signing into my HH account , I get the nasty banner: You have already registered for this benefit. Thank you very much.

Can it be true that this can only be used once like a status match? And in the second year you are not allowed to use this again?
Old Apr 29, 18, 11:39 am

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Why would you choose that as your select benefit given you can get HH Gold for 48 EUR a year via a CC? There are better selections out there.

In any case, it's a known bug. The system won't accept the same HHonors number the second time around. I'd suggest you contact the SEN service and ask them to undo your selection, allowing you to pick something else.
Old Apr 29, 18, 1:01 pm

Programs: LH SEN
I had the same problem...
what you can do is open a new hhonors account and apply your voucher invitation.
after that you merge the new account with the rxisting and it will show gold...
takes 3-4 days :-)
Flying Victor likes this.
Old Apr 29, 18, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by 1flyer View Post
Why would you choose that as your select benefit given you can get HH Gold for 48 EUR a year via a CC? There are better selections out there.

In any case, it's a known bug. The system won't accept the same HHonors number the second time around. I'd suggest you contact the SEN service and ask them to undo your selection, allowing you to pick something else.
Hahaha...

the alternative is a EUR 50 voucher for the Lufthansa Worldshop or a voucher for the Senator Lounge. Not sure what you would select.
Old Apr 30, 18, 2:10 am

Programs: M&S, Radisson
deleted

Last edited by 1flyer; Dec 11, 18 at 2:32 am
Old Apr 1, 19, 11:16 pm

Programs: M&M SEN
Hi all,

just noticed that my Select Benefit of Hinton Gold that I chose in Oct 2018 (supposed to be valid 2020) has turned back to Silver on April 1.

Hilton‘s customer service turned me to LH who bounced this back to Hilton. Any similar experience and suggestions how to best solve?
thanks
David
david
Old Apr 2, 19, 1:14 pm

Programs: SQ(*G), A3(*G), LH(*S), SK, BA; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by davidcito View Post
Hi all,

just noticed that my Select Benefit of Hinton Gold that I chose in Oct 2018 (supposed to be valid 2020) has turned back to Silver on April 1.

Hilton‘s customer service turned me to LH who bounced this back to Hilton. Any similar experience and suggestions how to best solve?
thanks
David
david
Best thing for getting results from Hilton is to tweet them the issue (they'll switch to DM afterwards). I ended up getting 3 BMG certs after a recent problem that I escalated via Twitter/DM.
Old Apr 6, 19, 5:15 am

Programs: M&M SEN
Thanks yurflyer, tried the Twitter channel and worked much better than Hilton‘s typically lame regular customer desk.
Old Apr 6, 19, 10:45 am

Diamond is £15 on eBay. Hilton seem to be fine with that. So Gold must be worth about a fiver.
Old Apr 7, 19, 11:18 am

Programs: SQ(*G), A3(*G), LH(*S), SK, BA; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by hugolover View Post
Diamond is £15 on eBay. Hilton seem to be fine with that. So Gold must be worth about a fiver.
Likely to result in your account being locked down, with no chance of getting it back: https://loyaltylobby.com/2016/07/04/...unt-is-locked/

And the ebay sellers generally use fake credentials to generate a fake status match request on the part of the buyer (e.g. w/ photoshopping JPGs or using web scripts). The buyer can then worry about whether the fake status credentials result in a successful match and/or whether that account is verified and subsequently locked down: https://onemileatatime.com/selling-hotel-status/

The sellers will frequently ask for all your details, including user id and password, so your account can be hacked and cleaned out (possibly this happened here: Honors Account Depleted by Hacker in Kuala Lumpur)

The practice is v. common in China though, using sites like taobao. The buyers here will even be aware that the account won't survive that long before being locked. They just buy status shortly before a stay, use it to get the full bennies, then after they don't care as they've already used the benefits they paid for.
Old Apr 7, 19, 11:31 am

Yes, I know how they do it. But with hundreds or thousands of feedbacks for the Asian Canadian who runs one of the biggest of those scam accounts, as usual, eBay seem very unwilling to do anything about it, and Hilton’s processes are very poor at picking it up.
Old Oct 7, 19, 6:35 am

Programs: Quite a few...
HHonors Gold - Select Benefit for Senator

Just exchanged a select benefit for the HH Gold voucher as my exchanging deadline (10/10) was approaching.

Two days ago received a voucher with an access code and a link for registering. The thing is that the link - https://www.hiltonhonors.com/en_US/m...im-code-entry/ - is not working and says the promo expired at the end of September, the voucher says I have until early next year to redeem it.

Any suggestions?
Old Oct 24, 19, 2:02 am

Programs: LH HON*
Originally Posted by Flying Victor View Post
Just exchanged a select benefit for the HH Gold voucher as my exchanging deadline (10/10) was approaching.

Two days ago received a voucher with an access code and a link for registering. The thing is that the link - https://www.hiltonhonors.com/en_US/m...im-code-entry/ - is not working and says the promo expired at the end of September, the voucher says I have until early next year to redeem it.

Any suggestions?
How did this work out for you in the end? The web link says ”This promotion is now over” even before I get to insert a code. I also can’t find HHonors Gold listed anymore among the examples of Select benefits.

Did Hilton simply terminate the status agreement with the LH Group?
Old Oct 27, 19, 7:57 pm

Programs: Quite a few...
Vixit Apparently they did.
I've contacted MAM and they've put up a new benefit available for me (FTL status) after 2 weeks. No explanation given.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: