Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trying to redeem miles & more

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2019, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Trying to redeem miles & more

Last week tried to use my miles & more miles for the first time. Some were set to expire 10/1. What I booked did not ticket. I had to discover it myself. I called in and was told I had to send some information to a special department. No other information was given. Last night received a call at 11pm and was given a po box in germany to send a copy of my miles & more card to. Miles have since expired. I was told they may make an exception and offer some goodwill miles. I would rather a cash payout as I do not appreciate how they are handling things.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by copaflyer
Last week tried to use my miles & more miles for the first time. Some were set to expire 10/1. What I booked did not ticket. I had to discover it myself. I called in and was told I had to send some information to a special department. No other information was given. Last night received a call at 11pm and was given a po box in germany to send a copy of my miles & more card to. Miles have since expired. I was told they may make an exception and offer some goodwill miles. I would rather a cash payout as I do not appreciate how they are handling things.
If you received a booking confirmation it’s clearly LH/&M fault your booking was not ticketed & they will have to reinstate your miles or issue the ticket.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 7:59 am
Original Poster

I received a copa confirmation code in the e-mail shortly after booking. I am not too worried about losing the miles but am not happy I will not be able to use these almost worthless miles for the trip I wanted. Very little availability when mileage plus has 20-30 options a day.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by copaflyer
I received a copa confirmation code in the e-mail shortly after booking. I am not too worried about losing the miles but am not happy I will not be able to use these almost worthless miles for the trip I wanted. Very little availability when mileage plus has 20-30 options a day.
I am not sure why you got a Copa confirmation code. You should get an email from Miles+More with their confirmation number.
Which number did you actually call?
Old Oct 6, 2019, 9:57 am
Original Poster

E-mail was from miles and more. Miles and more miles were attempted to be used with Miles and more.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 2:26 am

Programs: Quite a few...
Well, if you were trying to book an award on United with Miles and More because this is what your e-mail is leading us to believe, then you should now that ONLY United saver awards are released to ALL partners. So please first look at the availability at UAL and see the mileage required before you make comparisons of this kind.
Second, if you received an e-mail from Miles and More when trying to use Miles and More, it was a Miles and More confirmation number (maybe accessible through Copa's website, I don't know) but it was NOT a Copa confirmation number (why would Miles and More send you a Copa's number).
Last but not least, you will not get monetary compensation for this. Miles back, yes - money, no.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.