short question baout GPU on LH

Old Sep 16, 2019, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN , United 1K, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite
short question baout GPU on LH

If I want to use 1 GPU on eligible LH economy class (lowest allowed is Q, isn't it?) to upgrade to business, would it work ? or, 1 GPU would take me only to premium economy?
they state on UA webpage: "Global Premier Upgrades on Lufthansa-operated flights are valid for one-segment, one-cabin upgrades on any multi-cabin international flight operated by Lufthansa."

if the below answer is negative, then I assume 1 GPU would clear to LH business only from E /G ?

(I plan a family vacations PL - US and want to make a good use of my 6 GPUs...)

btw, do you know any online travel booking tool that allows you to look for and book a given booking class fare (from available on ITA matrix)? or, do I need to call a TA ?
Old Sep 16, 2019, 11:12 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
Q + GPU = Biz
Old Sep 17, 2019, 12:38 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...credit-24.html
Old Sep 17, 2019, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN , United 1K, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite
A great deal of usuful reading

Putting aside booking classes availability, is Q the really cheapest possible to upg with GPU?
I read on the above thread that somebody was successful upgrading LH W... not sure if it was not a glitch or is it still possible? (to business)
Old Sep 17, 2019, 11:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Bart_ek
A great deal of usuful reading

Putting aside booking classes availability, is Q the really cheapest possible to upg with GPU?
I read on the above thread that somebody was successful upgrading LH W... not sure if it was not a glitch or is it still possible? (to business)
Q is the lowest booking class to upgrade using GPU on LH.

UA website clearly states that W is not eligible for upgrade on LH operated flights using GPU. Only possible scenario that I can think of other than some website glitch is during IRROPS where an already cleared GPU on UA (where W is lowest booking class for UA operated flights) may have gotten re-booked into LH J.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bart_ek
btw, do you know any online travel booking tool that allows you to look for and book a given booking class fare (from available on ITA matrix)? or, do I need to call a TA ?
You can search for specific fares on UA's site. Also, I suggest you search for eligible PE fares. I have found that they can be less expensive than Q fares.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TomMM
You can search for specific fares on UA's site. Also, I suggest you search for eligible PE fares. I have found that they can be less expensive than Q fares.
and keep in mind the upgrade tool is currently broken with no ETA for a fix

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.