Upgrade Codeshare Operated by LH

Old Sep 13, 19, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Gold, BA Exec Club, Via Rail
Upgrade Codeshare Operated by LH

Hey FTers,

I will be travelling in a week's time from YYZ to FRA (via PHL). The ticket was issued on UA ticket-stock. The first segment YYZ > PHL is operated by AC whilst the second flight, PHL > FRA is operated by LH. Both flights are UA codeshares (i.e.have UA flight numbers). I tried visiting the LH website to upgrade the PHL > FRA segment using the provided LH booking reference code. However, I was told that online upgrades are not possible.

My question is what options are available should I be interested in upgrading to J? It's my understanding that I might get an offer during OLCI (if space is available). However, since the first leg is operated by AC, wouldn't that mean that I have to check-in with AC (who in turn will check me in for all segments) which likely won't have an upgrade offer for the LH segment? Could I call LH to do an upgrade that way? I'm guessing that I'll earn milage according to the new booking class (i.e. P), right? This was at least the case when I did a bid upgrade in 2017 for the segment FRA > YYZ.

Safe Travels,

James
Old Sep 14, 19, 12:23 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Get the Lufthansa record locator and plug it in to Lufthansa.com. worst case you can do a cash upgrade at the gate in PHL.

Search this Thread