LH Chaos and Stupidity

Old Sep 5, 19, 8:02 am
PeS
Original Poster

Programs: HH LTD, LH SEN
LH Chaos and Stupidity

In short - I received mail that 'a flight is cancelled' without specific flight info. I asked them which flight, as I have more reservations. Their response was to ask me to provide booking details. Am I stupid or they are?

Leaving just the important stuff:
Originally Posted by Lufthansa on Aug 2
Please accept our apologies in advance. We are very sorry that your flight has been cancelled.
No specific flight information and I had more reservations then. Called LH help line, but they were not able to tell me which flight is cancelled.
Originally Posted by me on Aug 2
Can you please tell me which flight has been cancelled? I have more reservations and the mail you sent does not contain specific information.
Originally Posted by Lufthansa on Aug 20
Due to a high incoming volume of feedback, we were unable to get back to you before your departure. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Originally Posted by Lufthansa on Sep 3
Provide flight number and date pertaining to your inquiry and booking confirmation including ticket number
Originally Posted by me on Sep 3
I am not sure if you read my question at all. This is not related to particular flight so the information below cannot be provided. Please read my question again and respond properly.
Originally Posted by Lufthansa on Sep 4
Kindly be advised that we are unable to comply with your inquiry and request since you are unable to provide us with any flight information.
Old Sep 5, 19, 8:22 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Not ideal, but since you are SEN; why don't you log on to your profile and check which flight has the red exclamation mark?

Would take a fraction of the time to start a thread here and would probably give you much more information.
Old Sep 5, 19, 8:41 am
PeS
Original Poster

Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
Not ideal, but since you are SEN; why don't you log on to your profile and check which flight has the red exclamation mark?

Would take a fraction of the time to start a thread here and would probably give you much more information.
This is what I of course did too. In fact as the very first action, before calling to LH center, but thanks for valuable advise.
How many flights would you guess had an exclamation mark? Yes, zero is the right answer.
Grog likes this.
Old Sep 5, 19, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
What would have happened if you looked up the individual flights in the app / flight status?
Old Sep 5, 19, 8:55 am
PeS
Original Poster

Ditto.
However, my Jul 27 flight was cancelled - which I obviously knew when I received that message from LH. So it is possible they informed me on Aug 2 "we apologize in advanceĒ, they meant past flight.

But this is not much about which flght was cancelled (I donít think any of my future flights is), but about completely baffling reaction of LH customer service
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 5, 19, 9:29 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Platinum
Normally the LH system sends out automatically detailed emails when your flight status changed (incl. cancellations). This is an automatic process without human interaction. I take a great leap here but might it be that this was not an official email from LH but a phishing mail?
Old Sep 5, 19, 10:08 am

Programs: LX HON, AFKL Platinum, BA Gold->Blue again
Originally Posted by PeS View Post

This is what I of course did too. In fact as the very first action, before calling to LH center, but thanks for valuable advise.
How many flights would you guess had an exclamation mark? Yes, zero is the right answer.
I would have guessed ďallĒ as thatís what usually happens to me. Zero is of course equally unhelpful.
Old Sep 5, 19, 10:19 am
PeS
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyingfkb View Post
Normally the LH system sends out automatically detailed emails when your flight status changed (incl. cancellations). This is an automatic process without human interaction. I take a great leap here but might it be that this was not an official email from LH but a phishing mail?
I don't think it was a phishing. Sender is @your.lufthansa-group.com which his valid (although strange it's [email protected] instead of usual [email protected]) and there's no ask to provide any information. All links in the mail lead to standard LH site. Maybe it's simple incorrect wording when they wrote "in advance". But even though, customer relations team answer would still be useless and outright stupid.

LH mail
Old Sep 5, 19, 11:03 am

Perhaps their intention was to "say we are sorry in advance" of you complaining to them and claiming compensation for the flight cancelled in the past?

Anyhow, the mail being send from [email protected] seems a bit dodgy. You might want to check the mail header a bit more closely:
https://lifehacker.com/how-can-i-fin...rom-1190061668
Grog likes this.
Old Sep 5, 19, 11:13 am

Programs: A3 *G; AA EXP
This def reads like a "we are sorry that we cancelled your flight" email not a proactive notification of an upcoming, cancelled flight
Old Sep 5, 19, 11:29 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by PeS View Post
I don't think it was a phishing. Sender is @your.lufthansa-group.com which his valid (although strange it's [email protected] instead of usual [email protected]) and there's no ask to provide any information. All links in the mail lead to standard LH site. Maybe it's simple incorrect wording when they wrote "in advance". But even though, customer relations team answer would still be useless and outright stupid.

They want to apologise for the flight hat had been cancelled, no doubt!

Also explains the zero exclamation marks! Good news, no other cancelled flights!
(I also get exclamation marks on all flights when one gets cancelled ...)
Old Sep 5, 19, 2:21 pm
PeS
Original Poster

Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
They want to apologise for the flight hat had been cancelled, no doubt!

Also explains the zero exclamation marks! Good news, no other cancelled flights!
(I also get exclamation marks on all flights when one gets cancelled ...)
This is what I think as well. But
  1. They shouldn't "apologize in advance" in this case.
  2. LH customer service should have been able to tell me which flight is cancelled.
Old Sep 5, 19, 3:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
"Chaos?" A bit over the top.
Old Sep 5, 19, 8:13 pm

Programs: ANA (Platinum, SFC) *G, JAL (JALCARD), IHG Platinum Elite
I agree with the chaos thing. I have a reservation with LH. They change the flight time. Call them to ask them to move me to another flight because new time doesn't work for me. First they tell me they cant because of my fare, then they do it for free. I get an e-mail that confirm I am in another flight, but then when I check the reservation online still shows the original flight! Where is the German efficiency? For me LH has been a pain in the ... so far...
Old Sep 5, 19, 11:43 pm

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, AA, UA, BA, Hhonors Gold
I dunno. I still suspect phishing.

Look at the awkward wording and sentence structure in that message. The missing article. Lufthansa surely has better translators than that--plenty of people in Germany speak perfect English. That's the kind of text you find in phishing.

What they are phishing FOR, I could not say.

Search this Thread