Upgrades to business

Old Sep 3, 19, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles and More
Upgrades to business

I'm flying Economy (E) and Premium Economy (T) on Singapore Airlines in the next few weeks and have two questions. I called miles and more for an upgrade and was told neither are eligible. I called Singapore airlines and THEY told me both E and T were eligible so I called M&M back and they were able to upgrade one of my T flights this time but not an E flight.

1, Can i upgrade an E flight or not?
2, What's the current go-to tool to tell me whether or not there is an available reward upgrade?

cheers
Old Sep 3, 19, 4:49 am

SQ economy with booking class E is not upgradable via Miles & More, need to be booked in B or Y to upgrade from economy. SQ Premium Economy booked in T is on the list of upgradable booking classes for SQ, that's why it worked out to upgrade the flight booked in T. The definite place to check is the Miles and More program website:

https://www.miles-and-more.com/de/en..._basic_01.html

Flights between Europe and Central Asia, the Far East, Southeast Asia

Travel class booked | Booking class | Upgrade in Miles
Economy | B, Y | Business 50,000
Premium Economy | P, S, T | Business 50,000
Business | C, J, Z, U | First 65,000
Old Sep 3, 19, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles and More
Thanks. I've given up on E, upgraded one T, business is full on one other and am hoping they release more upgrades on the final leg soon as there are literally only 4 people in the business cabin at the moment.
Old Sep 3, 19, 6:27 am

Programs: SQ(*G), A3(*G), LH(*S), SK, BA; Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by fassy View Post
SQ economy with booking class E is not upgradable via Miles & More, need to be booked in B or Y to upgrade from economy. SQ Premium Economy booked in T is on the list of upgradable booking classes for SQ, that's why it worked out to upgrade the flight booked in T. The definite place to check is the Miles and More program website:

https://www.miles-and-more.com/de/en..._basic_01.html

Flights between Europe and Central Asia, the Far East, Southeast Asia

Travel class booked Booking class Upgrade in Miles
Economy B, Y Business 50,000
Premium Economy P, S, T Business 50,000
Business C, J, Z, U First 65,000
And just as for awards, the 'stans' in Central Asia are in a significantly higher bracket than MEA plus Caucasus (50/65 for Y(+)/J vs 30/35), so that little extra bit further across the Caspian from GYD to ASB is gonna cost you!
Old Sep 3, 19, 6:37 am

Programs: *A G, OW S, ST Elite.
Very often what SQ tells you is only relevant to Krisflyer members. They release more to them than the do to others. You need to take note of what M&M say because they might not have the same inventories.
DiamondMile likes this.

Search this Thread