Incorrect award taxes charged - should I call?

Old Sep 1, 19, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Incorrect award taxes charged - should I call?

I ticketed two award tickets last week, US-Europe, one in F, and one in premium economy. The next day, less than 24 hours later, I found two award seats in F, using a different routing. I called back, the agent cancelled the first booking and rebooked me with 2 seats in F, explaining I would pay the higher F taxes now on the previous premium economy award.

There was a period where my credit card showed multiple charges pending, including refunds, however now the charges that have posted are for the original booking, with one F and one premium economy, instead of two F seats. The ticket numbers listed with the posted charges do not match my current confirmed 2 F ticket numbers but are for the original booking.

1. Will this still sort itself out in LH's system and the correct (higher) award taxes for both seats will eventually post?
2. Or is it best to call back and confirm?

thanks
Old Sep 1, 19, 2:18 pm

If you were charged now for F and PE, i think you can expect either one of the following bookings in the next few days:

1. Refund for PE and full taxes for F
2. Charge of difference between PE and F (without the refund before)

I'm not sure, what exactly was done when i did a similar thing (from C to F) the last time, but i definitely had two charges (first for C, then for F).
Also, what i have recognized is, that the pending charges would disappear, and then only after a few days the final charge would appear on the account.
If you still have a bit time until departure, i would wait another week, and if the other charges haven't appeared until then, i would call.
Old Sep 4, 19, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Just an update, it all worked out, I didn't call in and after 7 business days the incorrect (original) taxes were refunded and the correct new ones posted.

Search this Thread