Heathrow shutdown on Friday the 13th

Old Aug 30, 19, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH M&M SEN, Accor Plat
Heathrow shutdown on Friday the 13th

Anyone know anything about this?
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ground-flights
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/982877...rt-toy-drones/

Allegedly all flights out of London Heathrow will be cancelled on Friday the 13th. I happen to be one of the lucky ones booked on LH that day (but of course haven't received any formal status update regarding the flight yet) - any insights appreciated!!
Old Aug 30, 19, 12:45 pm

That's what ER says, not the line from LHR.

Can't you fly private? There are no protests planned at Biggin Hill from what I can see?
Old Aug 30, 19, 3:18 pm

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
No doubt ER will turn up and try to disrupt the operation but I would imagine the whole area will be swarming with police.

I'm also booked to LIS that day so I really hope there are few problems because it's the start of a holiday.
mywaterbroke and chris63 like this.
Old Aug 30, 19, 3:32 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ PPS, VA TCL, EK Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by mywaterbroke View Post
I happen to be one of the lucky ones booked on LH that day (but of course haven't received any formal status update regarding the flight yet) - any insights appreciated!!
LHR need to officially announce to airlines that they are cancelling flights in order for LH to action Irregular Operations rebookings.

I know from my own experience that as FTers we can get ahead of ourselves and too clever for our own good in trying to mitigate risk in these situations. Iíve been there myself, only a month ago with the LHR strikes that never happened.

What I really did learn from that was LHR will hold out until the actual day to issue irreg instructions to airlines. LH will not action rebookings until itís official. Even though itís SO frustrating for us when weíre watching the news, I donít think theyíre being that unreasonable in rebooking people when the strike or cancellations may not go ahead.

In an ideal world theyíd offer a confirmed backup, but hey.. the world isnít perfect.

My money is on the authorities not letting drones anywhere near LHR on Sept. 13 and that itís all talk..! I think youíll be fine
mywaterbroke, chris63 and lhrpete like this.
Old Aug 31, 19, 5:02 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, 1865 Voyager
So, I will have chance to get experience how Hon Circle Services handle irregularity, as I have on 13th September flight LHR-FRA.
Quite interesting.
Old Aug 31, 19, 5:04 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, 1865 Voyager
Originally Posted by mywaterbroke View Post
Anyone know anything about this?
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ground-flights
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/982877...rt-toy-drones/

Allegedly all flights out of London Heathrow will be cancelled on Friday the 13th. I happen to be one of the lucky ones booked on LH that day (but of course haven't received any formal status update regarding the flight yet) - any insights appreciated!!
On same days in London will be held DSEI -- with offerings also lot of stuff to bring down any drone.
Very surprised if UK Police will not use such equipment.
Old Aug 31, 19, 5:09 am

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by hugolover View Post
That's what ER says, not the line from LHR.

Can't you fly private? There are no protests planned at Biggin Hill from what I can see?
Interesting idea, of course pax could also skip up to MAN for a truly amazing experience & Aspire to the ĎAspire lounge Ď
nancypants likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: