FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Lots of Lufthansa lounges in Frankfurt! Which one do I go to? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1587765-lots-lufthansa-lounges-frankfurt-one-do-i-go.html)

pease Feb 26, 2010 11:25 am

Lots of Lufthansa lounges in Frankfurt! Which one do I go to?

Is there a safe place to leave hand luggage? We have an almost five hour layover (which we dread), so we're hoping at least to be able to walk off some jet lag (from Phila-Istanbul) in those hours, rather than just sit around feeling more and more loggy. Are there not unpleasant places to walk? Can one go outside for a couple of hours-- or is that a big mistake?
Alternatively, is there a place to sleep in that lounge (doubt it highly)
(Wish we could get where we want to go without flying!)

Thanks.

weero Feb 26, 2010 12:44 pm

If memory serves right, the large lounges all do have lockers. I used them frequently. They are not very big though.

They normally want to keep your BP as a hostage for the key of the locker but you need that one to get back to the sterile area. So you can negotiate another security for the value of the key. Say drivers license, SEN card etc etc etc.

I was always very easy for me to do get one.

sebastian746 Feb 27, 2010 1:22 am

with that layover you should be able to head into Frankfurt downtown, i think it's just like 20mins on a local train

VLtone Jun 23, 2014 8:28 am

Lots of Lufthansa lounges in Frankfurt! Which one do I go to?

Hi All,

Forgive me for being a total noob with this - but I have a honeymoon coming up in early August to Africa, where we have a full day layover in Frankfurt via a Lufthansa A380 (which we're very psyched about).

I quickly browsed through lounges on the Lufthansa site and saw quite a few of them. We're traveling Business class and are wondering if there is a specific lounge we should be going to upon our arrival (E.G. is there one which is substantially better than the others?). I don't know what sort of facilities they offer - but we're arriving at about 5 AM Frankfurt time and if possible, would love to get a couple hours of sleep and maybe a shower.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

YuropFlyer Jun 23, 2014 8:44 am

First of all - don't be too unhappy when you're experiencing the C product in the A380. It's their old business class, and really nothing too special.

Go for the Arrivals lounge upon your arrival, and after your day trip to Frankfurt (or wherever) you might want to go to the new business lounge near gate A26 (will be a bit of a extra walk) - the former First class lounge - which offers by far the best showers (as they used to be F showers) and also decent food. Don't get your hopes too high regarding the food, though. While it's better than any US-american lounges, it's nothing compared to SQ SilverKris, EK Business Lounges and the like..

VLtone Jun 23, 2014 8:55 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer (Post 23081614)
First of all - don't be too unhappy when you're experiencing the C product in the A380. It's their old business class, and really nothing too special.

Go for the Arrivals lounge upon your arrival, and after your day trip to Frankfurt (or wherever) you might want to go to the new business lounge near gate A26 (will be a bit of a extra walk) - the former First class lounge - which offers by far the best showers (as they used to be F showers) and also decent food. Don't get your hopes too high regarding the food, though. While it's better than any US-american lounges, it's nothing compared to SQ SilverKris, EK Business Lounges and the like..

Yes, I've read some stuff about the A380 not really being all that amazing but still looking forward to being on an A380 in general. First time.

Great advice as well - I will be sure to go to the lounge near A26 as we're really looking for a shower. I'd like to shower when we first arrive before heading into the city for some sightseeing. Are we able to keep our bags there while we are gone?

YuropFlyer Jun 23, 2014 9:02 am

Originally Posted by VLtone (Post 23081675)
Yes, I've read some stuff about the A380 not really being all that amazing but still looking forward to being on an A380 in general. First time.

Great advice as well - I will be sure to go to the lounge near A26 as we're really looking for a shower. I'd like to shower when we first arrive before heading into the city for some sightseeing. Are we able to keep our bags there while we are gone?

Not in the lounge (it closes after noon)

But there is paid luggage store in FRA:

http://www.frankfurt-airport.com/con...u/storage.html

NewbieRunner Jun 24, 2014 6:22 am

The A26 lounge is in Schengen which means you will have to go through passport control on arrival while staying airside. If you want a decent breakfast as well as a shower you might like to consider going to the Welcome Lounge.

YuropFlyer Jun 24, 2014 9:03 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 23086829)
The A26 lounge is in Schengen which means you will have to go through passport control on arrival while staying airside. If you want a decent breakfast as well as a shower you might like to consider going to the Welcome Lounge.

I think he misunderstood my advice slightly - as I said already: On Arrival visit Arrival Lounge, on departure A26 is the best choice.

NewbieRunner Jun 24, 2014 9:11 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer (Post 23087598)
I think he misunderstood my advice slightly - as I said already: On Arrival visit Arrival Lounge, on departure A26 is the best choice.

Yes, you are probably right about the misunderstanding.

VLtone Jun 24, 2014 10:59 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 23087642)
Yes, you are probably right about the misunderstanding.

Yea, I did misunderstand but thank you for the clarification.

We have about a 15 hour layover so what we really want to do is arrive and either find a place to sleep or take a shower and have some tea/coffee, then drop our bags off and take only what we need to carry. Then head into Frankfurt or potentially Mainz for a nice German breakfast/lunch and maybe early dinner and sightseeing.

I don't think we're thinking much of heading to a lounge prior to the flight since we'll want to spend a lot of time outside the airport. Having said that - I'm open to suggestions if there is something I'm not thinking of.

NewbieRunner Jun 24, 2014 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by VLtone (Post 23088298)
Yea, I did misunderstand but thank you for the clarification.

We have about a 15 hour layover so what we really want to do is arrive and either find a place to sleep or take a shower and have some tea/coffee, then drop our bags off and take only what we need to carry. Then head into Frankfurt or potentially Mainz for a nice German breakfast/lunch and maybe early dinner and sightseeing.

I don't think we're thinking much of heading to a lounge prior to the flight since we'll want to spend a lot of time outside the airport. Having said that - I'm open to suggestions if there is something I'm not thinking of.

As far as I know none of the Business Lounges have chairs suitable for sleeping on, not even reclining chairs. I haven't been to the Welcome (arrivals) Lounge for some time but I believe there are some reclining chairs there. That's why I suggested going there rather than one of the Business Lounges. Take an eyemask and ear plugs. If you want proper beds to sleep on the airport hotels have day rooms but they are not cheap.

After a whole day in Frankfurt or Mainz I would welcome a shower before another overnight flight but the decision is yours.

YuropFlyer Jun 24, 2014 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 23088938)
As far as I know none of the Business Lounges have chairs suitable for sleeping on, not even reclining chairs. I haven't been to the Welcome (arrivals) Lounge for some time but I believe there are some reclining chairs there. That's why I suggested going there rather than one of the Business Lounges. Take an eyemask and ear plugs. If you want proper beds to sleep on the airport hotels have day rooms but they are not cheap.

After a whole day in Frankfurt or Mainz I would welcome a shower before another overnight flight but the decision is yours.

http://www.airliners.de/lufthansa-er...lughafen/30589

Sorry to say so, but you're wrong on this.

At least the (really nice) new Business lounge at A26 does have sleeping rooms (Ruheräume) - so if he wanted to nap for 1-2 hours, it might be the better choice than the arrival lounge.

VLtone Jun 24, 2014 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer (Post 23089171)
http://www.airliners.de/lufthansa-er...lughafen/30589

Sorry to say so, but you're wrong on this.

At least the (really nice) new Business lounge at A26 does have sleeping rooms (Ruheräume) - so if he wanted to nap for 1-2 hours, it might be the better choice than the arrival lounge.

The A26 lounge opens at 6 AM, correct?

YuropFlyer Jun 24, 2014 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by VLtone (Post 23089221)
The A26 lounge opens at 6 AM, correct?

Lufthansa Business Lounge
Airport Frankfurt/Main International
Location Business Lounge A26 - Terminal 1, departure area A (Schengen), one level up at gate A26
Opening hours 5:00 am - 10:00 pm

Lounge features

Non smoking lounge
Restrooms
Showers
Relaxing room
Copy machine
Fax machine
Miles & More printer
PC with internet access
Wireless network
TV