Frankfurt non-schengen Z to B to visit AC lounge?

Old Aug 28, 19, 1:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Raddison Gold
Frankfurt non-schengen Z to B to visit AC lounge?

I'm flying out of Z to the US today. I'm curious about the AC lounge in B. Is it easy to get over there? The map on the FRA website was not clear.
Old Aug 28, 19, 2:06 am

Programs: LX SEN
The walk between B and Z would take you about 15 min. But you would have to go twice through security (once to AC lounge which is airside and once to Z).

The panorama lounge in A may be an easier option if you want to avoid FRA's main overcrowded LH lounges.
Old Aug 28, 19, 2:10 am
Original Poster

ok thanks as long as it isnt twice through passport control.

I thought the panarama lounge was on the schengen side?
Old Aug 28, 19, 2:20 am

Programs: LX SEN
Yes correct, panorama lounge is Schengen. You would also have to go twice through passeport control if you were to visit AC lounge and then to Z.
Old Aug 28, 19, 2:21 am
Original Poster

OK, I assume I can't get through passport control if I don't have a boarding pass for a flight in that terminal.

What about going through the A-B tunnel? will that allow me to go between B-Z without extra passport control?
Old Aug 28, 19, 2:26 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Nic33 View Post
The walk between B and Z would take you about 15 min. But you would have to go twice through security (once to AC lounge which is airside and once to Z).
You can only walk between Z to B via the transfer tunnel which is in Schengen, i.e. passport control twice. Returning from B to Z will involve security.

To move between Z to B without going through passport control will involve a ride on the Skyline and security twice.

If the transfer bus between Z and B discussed in the FRA connection thread is running you may be able to avoid transfer security.

Originally Posted by eng3 View Post
I thought the panarama lounge was on the schengen side?
Yes, correct.
Old Aug 28, 19, 2:30 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
OK, I assume I can't get through passport control if I don't have a boarding pass for a flight in that terminal.
They won’t ask to see a boarding pass. If they do tell them you are going to the AC lounge.

What about going through the A-B tunnel? will that allow me to go between B-Z without extra passport control?
See my answer above. The tunnel is in Schengen so you need to go through passport control twice to go Z>A>tunnel>B. On the way back security once if you use the Skyline B>Z.
Old Aug 28, 19, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Ah I didn't think to look at the connection thread since I want I'll try tconnecting. Ok, I'll use the skyline I dont mind security twice with fast track

Last edited by eng3; Aug 28, 19 at 3:08 am
Old Aug 28, 19, 3:39 am

The AC MLL isn't worth it. Yes, you have a good apron view. But arguably, the Panaroma Lounge and the City Sights SEN have superior apron views.

F&B-wise, the MLL has the better crudites. But hot dishes in the MLL suck (usually the stuff is mushy and luke warm).
Old Aug 28, 19, 3:51 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
If departing from Z I would carefully consider if going to B just to visit the AC lounge is really necessary/worth the hassle. Just my cents
Old Aug 28, 19, 4:02 am
Original Poster

I've been to the z lounge many times but never the AC one. The food seems better, they just switched to lunch.

Ok I just went to the LH lounge and the food seems better here. I guess I never went for lunch time before.

Going between the terminals was pretty easy. Security was a bit show even in the fast lane due to confused passengers that decided they wanted to unpack their entire bag blocking the line

Last edited by eng3; Aug 28, 19 at 5:38 am
Old Aug 28, 19, 11:02 am

Programs: A3*G
Ah I didn't think to look at the connection thread since I want I'll try tconnecting. Ok, I'll use the skyline I dont mind security twice with fast track
AFAIK there is no fast track at transfer security.
Old Aug 28, 19, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ObserverA3 View Post
AFAIK there is no fast track at transfer security.
Well, they have a business class line so that was fast enough I guess. No line but two people in front of me unpacking their whole bag at the belt for some reason. I guess it is common as the security guy me three times if I removed all the electronics and liquids, because all I bothered to remove was my laptop.
Old Aug 28, 19, 6:47 pm

I guess it is common as the security guy me three times if I removed all the electronics and liquids, because all I bothered to remove was my laptop.
Yes, in Europe (as well as in the US if you don't have TSA Precheck), you have to take out all bigger electronics (laptops, iPads etc) and the 1l liquid bag. Small electronics like chargers, cables etc are usually ok to stay in the bag.
Old Aug 28, 19, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

Yes exactly, often they try to tell me to take my cell phone out too. I don't know why they try to create more trouble for themselves.

​​​​​Even though I am supposed to, I never even bother to take my small liquids out and they've never stopped me before so there is no point to the pestering when you try to put your bag on the belt

Search this Thread