Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How not to do an Out-of-Sequence Change

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2019, 1:01 am

So, if I get it right, UA offers to book non-flex tickets, to cancel them on very short notice for free and to book new and different tickets on even less short notice with a price guarantee, that you get them for the same price as your previously canceled different non-flex tickets. And the code word for it is ‘save the earth’.

First you’ve booked two tickets, which you didn’t want to fly. And that first booking included 3.300 extra senseless flight miles plus hours of waiting time. And later you’ve paid USD 2.2k for not flying the two tickets as booked, because you wanted to save the earth. And you needed more than an hour to skip the senseless part of the route, because you wanted to change the ticket instead of booking a new one. And you weren’t aware that changing of a non-flex ticket while flying it and another one on short notice could be not reasonable priced. And finally you report that on FT, because you think, that others did something wrong. And you think about yourself that you are a very experienced traveller.

Hmmm, well, ok. Thank you for sharing your lessons with us. Even if it’s a bit like ‘Don’t run over your kids with your car. They might get hurt.’
Old Oct 8, 2021, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by Raul_R
It is obvious.
If you had not the absolutely flex ticket (frankly highest possible rate at all), you will be NEVER on none of normal airlines allowed to skip first segment.
What they technically did: they cancelled your KEF-MUC-OTP and sold MUC OTP + most probably charged the difference of tariff DEN-MUC-KEF and DEN-MUC.
And they was 100% correct.
One-way MUC-OTP in J is 1319+tax.

Lesson: nobody should never try to do anything like this again
Airline pricing is a scam in my view. But aside from that, your comment "you will be NEVER on none of normal airlines allowed to skip first segment." is not quite right e.g. for itineraries starting in Italy one can be allowed to skip the first segment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.