Just joined a little club called HON Circle !

Old Aug 23, 2019, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, AA PLT, DL PM
Smile Just joined a little club called HON Circle !

Hi Everyone,

Long time lurker...after quite a bit of traveling I've reached HON status. Just wondering if there are any other US-based HON's here in the forum...if so, perhaps you can answer a couple of questions:

1) Should I expect some sort of welcome email?
2) How long did it take to receive the HON welcome package in the US after qualification?
3) When do I get my dedicated rep? (though I've heard they aren't the greatest)
4) Can someone confirm that if my qualification for HON was 2018/19 that any additional miles accrued this year don't count towards re-qualification and that the period then is not 2019-20 and instead 2020-21?

Thanks again!
hugolover, Vixit and moreaki like this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 11:49 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by MBR18
Hi Everyone,

Long time lurker...after quite a bit of traveling I've reached HON status. Just wondering if there are any other US-based HON's here in the forum...if so, perhaps you can answer a couple of questions:

2) How long did it take to receive the HON welcome package in the US after qualification?
4) Can someone confirm that if my qualification for HON was 2018/19 that any additional miles accrued this year don't count towards re-qualification and that the period then is not 2019-20 and instead 2020-21?

Thanks again!
Welcome to the club!

I am not aware of any US based HON on FT but maybe we have some in hiding.

Yes you you should receive a letter or email welcoming you. Not sure how that works in the US.

Youre right on requal - another recent HON just asked the same in the Requal thread!
Old Aug 23, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by MBR18
Hi Everyone,

Thanks again!
ok there is at least me (LAX based) ;-)

1) you'll likely get something in the mail, not sure about email. back in 2010 when I first qualified, the Western US Sales Director actually came and brought me the welcome package. My guess is they stopped that.
2) the renewal package I usually get around November
3) yes, you will get one, mine is NY based. YMMV on the usefulness of that rep
4) correct they won't count for requal but if you get to 650k HON miles or more you get some goodies to chose from depending on how much above. the requal starts with 2020 for you
Old Aug 24, 2019, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Welcome to the Club MBR18 & to FT !
As you say long time lurker from 2011 & that is a lot of flying to qualify already, especially someone MIA based.
Hope you enjoy the benefits earned.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 2:00 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by MichielR
I am not aware of any US based HON on FT but maybe we have some in hiding.
Originally Posted by Rose9875
ok there is at least me (LAX based) ;-)
Apologies...
Old Aug 24, 2019, 2:16 am

Programs: A3*G LH*G
Congratulations! Enjoy and report your experiences to us. I will never get there, but as Harry Callahan said "a man's got to know his limitations".
chris63 likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 2:33 am

Programs: LH HON**
Hats off to both of you, even most European-based frequent fliers dont make it to HON.

Out of curiosity, whats your travel pattern? US-Asia via Europe or US-EU-US like a ping pong ball...?

Either way, safe travels.
chris63 likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 2:33 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
In my experience the US HON phone line is *much* more customer service focused and willing to help and find a solution. Theyre also *much* less about enforcing the rules for the sake of it. I know which number I call when I need help lol...
chris63 likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vantage03
In my experience the US HON phone line is *much* more customer service focused and willing to help and find a solution. Theyre also *much* less about enforcing the rules for the sake of it. I know which number I call when I need help lol...
Interesting, the U.K. number gets routed to CPT, say no more ...... i dont call that number & use the DE one
Old Aug 24, 2019, 10:28 am

Congrats!

About 9 times a year (for two years) from the west coast to Europe and back in F would do it...
chris63 likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 1:27 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by chris63
Interesting, the U.K. number gets routed to CPT, say no more ...... i dont call that number & use the DE one
I didnt know there was a UK HON number lol.. Ive always called the DE one, but if I need to ask for a favour which involves rules being bent slightly, I call the US line
chris63 likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NYC1
Congrats!

About 9 times a year (for two years) from the west coast to Europe and back in F would do it...
Yes but your not syncing your trips correctly with the Ducks.......
daumueller likes this.

Last edited by chris63; Aug 24, 2019 at 2:17 pm Reason: Predictive text ��
Old Aug 24, 2019, 5:55 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by Vixit
Hats off to both of you, even most European-based frequent fliers dont make it to HON.

Out of curiosity, whats your travel pattern? US-Asia via Europe or US-EU-US like a ping pong ball...?

Either way, safe travels.
Its US-EU-US about 12-15 times a year in C. Manageable, since I only have maybe 1 to 2 US domestics a month.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 12:26 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
FWIW I never got a personal rep when I made HON.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by sophialite
FWIW I never got a personal rep when I made HON.
It could take them a month or so to get in touch.
chris63 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.