[Adria] Flight legs cancelled

Old Aug 21, 19, 7:50 am
Original Poster

[Adria] Flight legs cancelled

Hi

I'm booked to return from Ljubljana to Manchester next week via Copenhagen with Adria then SAS. Single through booking. My outbound on the same booking is via Brussels with Brussels Airlines and Adria.

Adria have reduced the size of the aircraft on the LJU-CPH leg and cancelled me off the flight.

I booked through Opodo who are currently looking into alternative flights, but they're saying I need to stay with the Adria/SAS airline combination. Is that correct?

I can see alternative flights at similar times via Brussels (Adria/Brussels) and via Frankfurt or Munich (Adria/Lufthansa) which would be entirely Star Alliance still. Can I insist on one of those routings?

The only flight from LJU-CPH on Monday coming up is via Warsaw and is over 3 hours earlier than my original, now cancelled, direct service.

Any advice on where I stand appreciated whilst I wait for them to get back to me.

Thanks!

EDIT: Opodo just came back to me, offering a full refund, or to travel on the same route one day earlier or one day later. There are no flights from LJU-CPH-MAN one day earlier (Sunday), whilst the flights one day later mean arriving at CPH at 0855 and leaving again at 1720. Can I did my heels in and say no, route me back via Brussels at the same times as my original flight?

Last edited by travelred; Aug 21, 19 at 8:05 am
Old Aug 21, 19, 8:26 am

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Dig your heels in since itís within 14 days of travel they ought to reroute you on your preferred alternative if seats are available
travelred likes this.
Old Aug 21, 19, 8:55 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Depends on how far before the flight this is. You can try talking to Adria direct, but not sure it will help.
Old Aug 21, 19, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk View Post
Depends on how far before the flight this is. You can try talking to Adria direct, but not sure it will help.
Flights are Monday next week. There are seats on the flight via Brussels.

Opodo congratulated me on my knowledge of EU law in this situation, then said "but the airline is only prepared to fly you back the day before or the day after on the same route or provide a refund". I pointed out that there were no flights the day before, and no reasonable flights the day after, on that route and Opodo are now going away to speak to Adria again.
chris63 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 19, 9:07 am
Original Poster

All sorted. They agreed to my requested re-routing via Brussels.

Thanks all!
Tyrolean, chris63 and Kamalaasaa like this.
Old Aug 21, 19, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by travelred View Post
All sorted. They agreed to my requested re-routing via Brussels.

Thanks all!
As it should be or they pay cancellation compensation, since your flight is within the next 14 days.
Old Aug 21, 19, 1:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
In any event, you may be due at least some compensation, all depending on the new timings (both as to departure and arrival times). Your claim will be to the operating carrier of the cancelled segment, not the "TA". Make the claim after you are back home.
chris63, Fabo.sk and iLied like this.
Old Aug 22, 19, 1:56 am
Original Poster

FFS they've just cancelled the 2nd leg of my outbound flight now!

I'm flying MAN-BRU-LJU tomorrow, already checked in the flight to Brussels, and I've just been notified that Adria have cancelled the service to Ljubljana.

The only direct option is at 2025 from Brussels tomorrow; I arrive at 0830. There is an alternative MAN-AMS-LJU with availability that leaves 10 minutes earlier than my flight to Brussels. Can I insist on being rerouted onto this despite having checked in to Brussels already? And does it matter that the AMS leg is with KLM so not Star Alliance?

Thanks!
Old Aug 22, 19, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by travelred View Post
FFS they've just cancelled the 2nd leg of my outbound flight now!

I'm flying MAN-BRU-LJU tomorrow, already checked in the flight to Brussels, and I've just been notified that Adria have cancelled the service to Ljubljana.

The only direct option is at 2025 from Brussels tomorrow; I arrive at 0830. There is an alternative MAN-AMS-LJU with availability that leaves 10 minutes earlier than my flight to Brussels. Can I insist on being rerouted onto this despite having checked in to Brussels already? And does it matter that the AMS leg is with KLM so not Star Alliance?

Thanks!
Yes, of course you can ask & insist on the alternative that suits you better, if they donít do that for you EU261 compensation will be payable if you arrive more than 3 hours later than your original ticket.
travelred likes this.
Old Aug 22, 19, 2:17 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Yes it makes a difference. I'm afraid that no phone agent is going to rebook you OAL e.g. with KLM - they don't have authority to do it. If you want to fly via AMS with KLM leave the reservation as it is and go to the airport tomorrow morning and speak to the agents there. Airport agents have much more leeway to rebook you on any flights that will get you to your destination.

Just cancel the online check-in that you already did. Not a big thing.
travelred likes this.
Old Aug 22, 19, 2:25 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
My guess is that you will be rebooked to LH943 11:20 - 14:00 to FRA connecting to JP113 15:40 - 16:55
Old Aug 22, 19, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR View Post
Yes it makes a difference. I'm afraid that no phone agent is going to rebook you OAL e.g. with KLM - they don't have authority to do it. If you want to fly via AMS with KLM leave the reservation as it is and go to the airport tomorrow morning and speak to the agents there. Airport agents have much more leeway to rebook you on any flights that will get you to your destination.

Just cancel the online check-in that you already did. Not a big thing.
The OP is using a TA, & therefore needs to be talking to Opodo, they ought to be on speed dial by now
Old Aug 22, 19, 3:37 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Originally Posted by chris63 View Post

The OP is using a TA, & therefore needs to be talking to Opodo, they ought to be on speed dial by now
Once the coupon status is in checked in state, TA no longer owns it. Now it should be a Brussels airlines agents question. Problem is, they'll probably ask the OP to fly to Brussels and take next steps there.
iLied likes this.
Old Aug 22, 19, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk View Post
Once the coupon status is in checked in state, TA no longer owns it. Now it should be a Brussels airlines agents question. Problem is, they'll probably ask the OP to fly to Brussels and take next steps there.
I would cancel check in & talk to Opodo, we donít even know who issued the ticket.
Old Aug 22, 19, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Thanks all.

Opodo couldn't help, they said that as Adria had reissued the ticket yesterday when they changed my return flight, I had to speak to them directly.

The lady at the Adria call centre was very helpful. She rerouted me MAN-MUN-LJU so I'll arrive within 30 minutes of my planned arrival time. The Brussels Airlines checkin wasn't an issue at all. I've got the Amadeus confirmation of this flight.

However.

I've now received an email from Adria saying that the flight from Brussels to Ljubljana has been joined with the flight to Munich, and that the flight is now leaving Brussels at 0910 (instead of 0950) and arrives in Ljubljana via Munich at 1155. So are they expecting me in Brussels still, I think to myself.

I logged into "Manage my Booking" on the Adria website and that has the MAN-MUN-LJU routing, however I'm just showing as on the waitlist for that flight, which is fully booked. So I'm really non the wiser as to how or when or if I'm going to get to Slovenia at all...

Search this Thread