Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access in Vienna with kids

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2015, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+
Vienna airport lounge child age policy [for *G]

As a *G (TK Elite Plus), I understand I can enter the Austrian senator lounge with one guest free, plus children under 2 years old don't count.

Does anyone know whether this "2 year old" thing actually enforced and if so how strictly? In particular, what are my chances for gaining access with 1 adult guest, 1 small baby, and a ~3 year old toddler?

Also, would the fact that I'm actually a dual *G (also A3 Gold...) make any difference, e.g. allow to use the 2nd *G card to "pay" for another guest?

Thanks!
Old May 24, 2015, 4:25 pm

There is no "children under 2 don't count" policy except for SEN/HON. As a *G you can provide as many *G cards as you wish, you are still allowed one guest.
Old May 24, 2015, 11:42 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Originally Posted by red star
There is no "children under 2 don't count" policy except for SEN/HON. As a *G you can provide as many *G cards as you wish, you are still allowed one guest.
Maybe a different policy or I was lucky, but I've used SEN lounges both in MUC and FRA with wife and son under 2 with my SK*G. Nobody made any remarks that it wouldn't be ok. The son was registered as an infant, if it makes a difference. I agree the 3-year old plus infant plus adult guest could be a problem.
Old May 25, 2015, 2:34 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Infant is the key here. If its older than that it counts as a guest.
Old May 25, 2015, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Children under 18 are permitted in the BRU lounges for Star Gold in addition to +1.
Old May 26, 2015, 8:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Not sure if they enforce it but based on my exp. with VIE they are super strict. The dragons over there were not polite at all.
Old May 27, 2015, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Not sure if they enforce it but based on my exp. with VIE they are super strict. The dragons over there were not polite at all.
Quite the contrary in my personal experience, I've found the LDs in VIE to be far nicer than those in MUC, FRA, ZRH or GVA on average.. but it's always down to who is having which shift, which mood, etc. etc.

Also, one thing to note: in VIE, _everyone_ flying OS can buy lounge access. Not for the SEN lounge, but for the C lounge at least. 35€, and it's usually 50% off during the summer months, at least I think it was this case in the past few years.
Old May 27, 2015, 7:14 am

Programs: LH SEN* ; Lifetime Ivory Member AF
Just for information TG Lounges in BKK allow access to Children while flying LH/LX/OS for *G.
(thais are well known for being kind with children)
Old May 27, 2015, 10:05 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by mat_bkk
Just for information TG Lounges in BKK allow access to Children while flying LH/LX/OS for *G.
TG lounges look as if they allowed access to anyone who makes it into the airport somehow. How such a large lounge system can be so overcrowded at all times, is beyond me.
(thais are well known for being kind with children)
Old May 27, 2015, 10:09 am

Programs: M&M SEN
For LH the following should apply (source: M&M website / Programme / Status benefits at a glance)

(12) To enter a Lufthansa Senator Lounge, you will need your Senator card and a boarding pass valid for that day and departure airport for a flight with Lufthansa, a Lufthansa codeshare partner, Germanwings, Eurowings (on long-haul flights only on the SMART and BEST fare) or a Star Alliance airline. To use the Star Gold Lounge of one of our Star partners, you will need your Senator card and a boarding pass valid for that day and departure airport for a flight with Lufthansa or a Star Alliance airline. You can take one companion with you into the lounge. In addition, in Lufthansa Lounges you can also be accompanied by your own children if they are under the age of 18. To enter Senator and Business Lounges, travelling companions must present a valid boarding pass for a same-day Lufthansa / Star Alliance flight and leave the lounge at the same time as the passenger who invited
Old May 27, 2015, 11:37 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by davidcito
For LH the following should apply (source: M&M website / Programme / Status benefits at a glance)

(12) To enter a Lufthansa Senator Lounge, you will need your Senator card and a boarding pass valid for that day and departure airport for a flight with Lufthansa, a Lufthansa codeshare partner, Germanwings, Eurowings (on long-haul flights only on the SMART and BEST fare) or a Star Alliance airline. To use the Star Gold Lounge of one of our Star partners, you will need your Senator card and a boarding pass valid for that day and departure airport for a flight with Lufthansa or a Star Alliance airline. You can take one companion with you into the lounge. In addition, in Lufthansa Lounges you can also be accompanied by your own children if they are under the age of 18. To enter Senator and Business Lounges, travelling companions must present a valid boarding pass for a same-day Lufthansa / Star Alliance flight and leave the lounge at the same time as the passenger who invited
The small issue here being there is no LH lounge in VIE as per the OP.
Old May 27, 2015, 2:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Quite the contrary in my personal experience, I've found the LDs in VIE to be far nicer than those in MUC, FRA, ZRH or GVA on average.. but it's always down to who is having which shift, which mood, etc. etc.
Maybe cause i always take the first flight out and they just woke up.

FRA the service is exceptional, I've always loved LH for there service.
Old May 27, 2015, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by davidcito

This is the rule for SEN as mentioned above. OP is *G.
Old May 27, 2015, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+
I'm glad to report that they let me into the Senator lounge with no issue whatsoever, with an adult guest plus a child plus an infant. Just presented my TK *G card, they scanned the boarding cards of us two adults, and we were in.
Old May 27, 2015, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
..FRA the service is exceptional, I've always loved LH for there service.
The service provided by the LDs ?

Such as letting you in??? Or telling you in a friendly manner that they cannot rebook you onto another connection?

As for kids in the lounge, sure LH is too family friendly but at least they police the lounges. When the brats scream or scoot around, the parents will be admonished to live up to their duty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.