Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HKG airport closure

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2019, 8:29 am

As soon as they restart operations all airlines will fill up every possible seat out of HKG all across alliances and even leverage quite esoteric routings like HKG-NRT-CPH-FRA. I doubt there will be a significant backlog for long.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Originally Posted by Joseph Heenan
Official airport site now says this for today:

So I can't see LH flights operating.

Any tips on rebooking most welcome... I don't have status but am travelling in business.
LH 797 HKG-FRA is scheduled to leave on time at 23:15 today. As well as LH 731 HKG-MUC which will leave at 23:05. The statement that all departures are canceled is wrong. From what I read at the other forums here on flyertalk is that check-in at the airport is disrupted. Some people which flew from HKG yesterday told that the flights were only 25% full solely with transit pax and people who made it through check-in and security before it was closed.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by daumueller
while that may be the case for HONs, I doubt that is the way they operate for the other PAX
Ok, only my understanding, so what is LH policy in these circumstances ?
Old Aug 13, 2019, 12:11 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Disruptions on flights to and from Hong Kong on 13 August 2019

Due to the organizational incidents at Hong Kong airport, there is currently no possibility to pass the security check into the gate area in Hong Kong. Guests who for this reason are unable to board their Lufthansa Group flight ex Hong Kong on 13 August will be rebooked for later flights free of charge. Booked passengers who have deposited their mobile data will be automatically notified.

Departures to Hong Kong on 13 August from Frankfurt (LH796), from Munich (LH730) and from Zurich (LX138) are still planned.

For departures from Hong Kong in the coming days, there is currently no more detailed information available. Please inform yourself about the status of your flight before you start your journey or check constantly this page.

https://www.lufthansa.com/gb/en/prep...el-information
Old Aug 13, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by chris63

Ok, only my understanding, so what is LH policy in these circumstances ?
those originally booked and confirmed on the 13th fly. Those from 12th get remaining seats or are rerouted.

in the end, the flight of the 12th was cancelled and the flight of 13th is operating (even though with another aircraft as planned but that doesn’t matter)
airoli likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

those originally booked and confirmed on the 13th fly. Those from 12th get remaining seats or are rerouted.

in the end, the flight of the 12th was cancelled and the flight of 13th is operating (even though with another aircraft as planned but that doesn’t matter)
Ok, my misunderstanding but thankfully I’m not in that situation often & it’s not how the HON line described it but they did eventually sort my issue out
Old Aug 13, 2019, 12:30 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by chris63

Ok, my misunderstanding but thankfully I’m not in that situation often & it’s not how the HON line described it but they did eventually sort my issue out
well, like I said, in situations like this, HON really kicks in.

a few years back during on/offgoing strikes, they booked 2 alternative LH flights and on BA option for me ‚just in case‘. Didn’t need it in the end as my flight operated as planned.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

well, like I said, in situations like this, HON really kicks in.

a few years back during on/offgoing strikes, they booked 2 alternative LH flights and on BA option for me ‚just in case‘. Didn’t need it in the end as my flight operated as planned.
Well, HON line were far from impressive, depends on the agent.... but She did pass it to the First Class team in the end & they were First Class ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.