Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TXL and WAW lounges

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2019, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
TXL and WAW lounges

I'll be flying WAW-TXL on LOT then TXL-FRA on LH. *G + PP.
Which lounges can I goto at WAW and TXL?
How do the options rank compared to each other? (Mostly interested in food quality.)
If I have time, I don't mind going to multiple lounges just to see since it is my first time to both airports but if one isnt worth visiting at all, its good to know.

Oh, also flying out of FRA on UA back home. I've been to the LH lounges before but never the PP lounges.

Thanks
Old Aug 11, 2019, 2:07 am

LOT Polonez in WAW (with Elite section for *G) ranks a lot higher then the TXL LH lounge..
Old Aug 11, 2019, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

PP options at TXL are truly dreadful. Stick with LH.

Only LOT will be giving you something decent to eat that wasn’t reheated in a microwave.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 3:40 am

The Polonez’s Elite section reminds me more and more of the former Ballada lounge i.e. tiny, overcrowded and annoyingly noisy with all those alleged CEOs providing clear instructions and closing deals via their mobile phones, often even on loud speaker for the wider audience to take note accordingly.

G
TPJ, MichielR, fifty_two and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
The Polonez’s Elite section reminds me more and more of the former Ballada lounge i.e. tiny, overcrowded and annoyingly noisy with all those alleged CEOs providing clear instructions and closing deals via their mobile phones, often even on loud speaker for the wider audience to take note accordingly.

G
Lets not forget the distribution of Gazeta Polska. The Elite Lounge is a zone of Hate.
lhrpete, TPJ and N1003U like this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
Lets not forget the distribution of Gazeta Polska. The Elite Lounge is a zone of Hate.
Home away from home .
Old Aug 11, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by eng3
Oh, also flying out of FRA on UA back home. I've been to the LH lounges before but never the PP lounges.
Don't bother.
hugolover likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
I meant ranking of lounges within each airport.
However, I think I get the picture
Thanks
Old Aug 11, 2019, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
PP options at TXL are truly dreadful. Stick with LH.

Only LOT will be giving you something decent to eat that wasn’t reheated in a microwave.
FWIW I find that LH’s food offerings at TXL have improved significantly over the past year or so in line with the redesign of presentation (Staub cookware, new buffet...).
Old Aug 11, 2019, 11:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sw1x
FWIW I find that LH’s food offerings at TXL have improved significantly over the past year or so in line with the redesign of presentation (Staub cookware, new buffet...).
Disagree. It's the same bland, mushy stuff which is often just luke-warm. The bread is alright. You may get lucky that a main or a soup is ok-ish. But mostly I stick to the salad, provided it looks fresh.

The TXL lounge is also a bit tired. On the plus side, they have a large selection of German and English newspapers. (They may have just enhanced the NYT Europe, though. It wasn't there during my last visit or two.) There is also plenty of space.

In WAW; the Polonez lounge clearly has better food. It's way too small, though. The *G section feels claustrophobic. The C section has a slightly roomier feel. But it can get seriously overcrowded as well.

I do hear LO's non-Schengen lounge is a lot better (haven't been personally) but that not really relevant given the OP's itinerary.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 1:42 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by speed.skater

I do hear LO's non-Schengen lounge is a lot better (haven't been personally) but that not really relevant given the OP's itinerary.

It is fairly small and can be very full during the 3-5 pm TATL peak hours.

Also no champagne - only prosecco.

I would just go to the Elite lounge-within-a-lounge - for slightly better food & Nicolas Feuillatte champagne.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Plonk is Lallier since a few months.
yurtripper likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK

G
Lol. Remember that in Polska half the population have one-person outfits registered in their name for 'tax optimisation'... so that's a lot of CEOs.

PS It's the 'farmers' on KRUS that have the real money!
Old Aug 15, 2019, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess those Babcia’s who sell the Obwarzenek can write “business owner” in their Insta profiles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.