arriving zurich 1 hr departure to poland

Old Aug 10, 19, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aeroplan,aaadvantage
arriving zurich 1 hr departure to poland

simple question, i know swiss uses terminal A to warsaw from zurich

i am flying j class

1. does swiss from montreal ( yul) arrive in terminal a

2. do i have to clear customs/immigration in zurich or am i in transit. I have 1 hr only and a very important meeting in Warsaw ( playing golf LOL)
Old Aug 10, 19, 3:12 pm

Programs: AC SE*100K
Originally Posted by mboca28 View Post

i am flying j class

2. do i have to clear customs/immigration in zurich or am i in transit. I have 1 hr only and a very important meeting in Warsaw ( playing golf LOL)
You're going to land, clear customs/immigration in to the EU and then have to take a very short train over the the A gates.

The good news is that Zurich is very efficient, I think the MCT is something like 45 mins, and it is doable assuming your inbound is on time or close to it.
Old Aug 10, 19, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA, QF, VS, AA, US, HH, SPG
I have arrived and departed ZRH many times - all terminals are connected - easy walk. AFAIK you will definitely need to clear immigration in ZRH as Poland is part of the EU. If you are on one ticket (PNR) you should be able to check you luggage through. So if your flight is on time - I see no problem making your connection - the biggest 'delay' will be going through security for your outbound flight to WAW.
Old Aug 10, 19, 3:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by pschafer View Post
I have arrived and departed ZRH many times - all terminals are connected - easy walk. AFAIK you will definitely need to clear immigration in ZRH as Poland is part of the EU. If you are on one ticket (PNR) you should be able to check you luggage through. So if your flight is on time - I see no problem making your connection - the biggest 'delay' will be going through security for your outbound flight to WAW.
Correction: because Poland is part of Schengen. (The UK is still part of the EU but does its own immigration processing for flights arriving from Europe.)
pschafer likes this.
Old Aug 10, 19, 4:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan & Manufactured Spending

As this is not about Air Canada or Aeroplan the thread has been moved to the Swiss forum for further discussion.

tcook052
Air Canada/Aeroplan forum moderator
Old Aug 10, 19, 9:27 pm

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by mboca28 View Post

i am flying j class

1. YUL flights usually arrive at E terminal

2. WAW flights from A, no security since you arrive ‘clean’ just immigration, take the train from E to A, immigration to enter A.

If ontime it should be fine in ZRH, for anything very important your close to MCT

Search this Thread