FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   “Bidding at gate” on routes IAD-FRA and IAD-MUC (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1981946-bidding-gate-routes-iad-fra-iad-muc.html)

oliver2002 Aug 7, 2019 2:35 am

“Bidding at gate” on routes IAD-FRA and IAD-MUC

While researching the myoffer T&C for the other thread I came across this new setup, also operated by plusgrade for LH:

“Bidding at gate” on routes WAS-FRA and WAS-MUC

I am flying on one of the routes WAS-FRA or WAS-MUC, how can I make an offer for an upgrade?

LH passengers can visit gateupgrade.com/lh to check their eligibility to place an offer. Passengers can choose their offer amount, enter payment information and will be notified as to whether or not their offer is accepted around 40 minutes before departure. Printed signs at the gate will also provide passengers with an overview of how it works. Note that the card will only be charged if the offer is accepted.

I am trying to enter my booking reference number and last name on the marketing page but I see a message that says I am not eligible. What can I do to try and make my offer?

Please see an agent at the gate. You may need to enter a separate booking reference number.

I am in first place and the ribbon “you are the highest bidder” is shown. Will I get my upgrade for sure?

An upgrade can never be guaranteed as upgrades are always subject to final availability.

Do I also win the bidding at gate even if I am not the highest bidder?

Yes, it may be possible that you can also get an upgrade. Also participants which are not the highest bidders may win.

What happens if I am not upgraded?

Around 40 minutes before departure, we will inform you by mail that your offer was not successful. Your credit card will not be debited and you will fly in the travel class that you originally booked.

Can you send me a text message if my offer has been accepted?

All communication concerning your offer is made by Email or SMS – you can choose in which form you would like to be notified.

When does Lufthansa decide who will receive an upgrade?

Around 1h to 40 minutes before the scheduled departure time, we will inform you by email whether your upgrade offer has been accepted or not.

How many miles can I earn?

Status miles will be credited according to the original booked fare. Please note that award miles are not possible to be credited when you upgrade with bidding at gate.

For kicks I entered the details of a reservation I have on IAD-MUC in November and it came back with 'not eligible'. (Which is probably true since the ticket starts and was purchased in India)

ermis177 Aug 7, 2019 2:29 pm

I am pretty sure this idea is coming due to the overbooking flights. Fantastic idea for LH to make some more money! When the check is closed and there seems that everyone has turned up they will try their best to sell some seats instead of op ups.

oliver2002 Aug 8, 2019 1:53 am

Well, it says they decide 1h 40 min before departure, so that is well before checkin closes in IAD (T-60min).

Fireflyer05 Aug 8, 2019 7:03 am

Around 1h to 40 minutes before the scheduled departure time
Not 1h 40m. So basically after checkin closes.