How do United miles translate to M&M?

Old Aug 5, 2019, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

How do United miles translate to M&M?

I think this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find the pertinent information. My wife has some upcoming travel on United between US and Brazil and she would like to know whether this will generate enough additional miles to renew her FTL status on M&M. United quotes 12,400 PQM for the return trip. Will this map accordingly to M&M, or is there a more complicated formula? -- Thanks.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
this will be more complicated, but not much! Qualifying miles will be earned based on the booking class and you can look up the multiplier here: https://www.miles-and-more.com/de/en..._basic_01.html
It is between 25% and 200% of the distance flown.
In most cases UA will be more generous (meaning you will earn less on M&M), it could be the same ... depends on the booking class.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Thanks a lot! This multiplier table was exactly what I had been looking for. I had seen it a while ago, but couldn't find it now.
Well, the good news is that the additional miles are enough for my wife to get her over the FTL threshold for renewal.
Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.