BUD check in time

Old Jul 31, 19, 9:31 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 968
BUD check in time

We have an 0610 departure BUD to FRA on LH. Biz Class. Hopefully, we will have boarding passes in hand and will bypass the ticket counter. What time should we be at the airport? What time does security open?
Are any lounges open at 0400 or so?

Thanks.
Kensterfly is offline  
Old Aug 1, 19, 12:35 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 3,750
Originally Posted by Kensterfly View Post
We have an 0610 departure BUD to FRA on LH. Biz Class. Hopefully, we will have boarding passes in hand and will bypass the ticket counter. What time should we be at the airport? What time does security open?
Are any lounges open at 0400 or so?

Thanks.
LH checkin must open at 04.10 for that flight & LH uses the Menzies lounge which opens at 05.00
chris63 is offline  
Old Aug 1, 19, 5:23 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Programs: LH SEN, HH D.
Posts: 4,468
Originally Posted by chris63 View Post


LH checkin must open at 04.10 for that flight & LH uses the Menzies lounge which opens at 05.00
I understand is the Platinum lounge but could be that Menzies Lounge is also OK, or probably HONs can choose
chris63 likes this.
more4less is online now  
Old Aug 1, 19, 6:24 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 968
Originally Posted by chris63 View Post


LH checkin must open at 04.10 for that flight & LH uses the Menzies lounge which opens at 05.00
But what is the latest we can safely arrive and make our flight? 0500ish? What would Security be like at that time of day?

Is there a priority line for premium/Business class pax?
Kensterfly is offline  
Old Aug 1, 19, 6:31 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,091
BUD has fast track arrangements at security, yes. Arriving at the airport by 5AM would give you plenty of time to clear security and grab a coffee/snack at the lounge.

G
chris63 likes this.
AlicorporateUK is offline  
Old Aug 1, 19, 7:00 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 968
Thank you. I figure there wonít be much of a crowd at 0500 in BUD. Our river cruise Director will want to get us there three hours early but I will resist that.
Kensterfly is offline  
Old Aug 1, 19, 7:27 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,091
Originally Posted by Kensterfly View Post
Our river cruise Director will want to get us there three hours early but I will resist that.
Remind him that the iron curtain has gone and that it is unlikely that you will get stopped and searched on the way to the airport or indeed entering the airport...

G
AlicorporateUK is offline  
Old Aug 1, 19, 9:25 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 3,750
Originally Posted by more4less View Post


I understand is the Platinum lounge but could be that Menzies Lounge is also OK, or probably HONs can choose
Yes, your right, it is the Platinum lounge, itís only ok, no choice for HON & it opens at 05.00
Kensterfly likes this.
chris63 is offline  
Old Aug 2, 19, 8:40 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: HAG
Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Posts: 2,155
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK View Post
Remind him that the iron curtain has gone and that it is unlikely that you will get stopped and searched on the way to the airport or indeed entering the airport...

G
Unless to be question about why you arrived so early
Fabo.sk is offline  
Old Aug 2, 19, 9:46 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Programs: BAEC Silver, TK M&S Elite Plus, KE SPC, PC Bolbol, KK Brnz, LCA Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy
Posts: 1,753
Just to be clear, OP;

- Are you traveling on a group ticket ( issued by the tour ) or you have booked your ticket by your self?

If the tour agency booked a ticket for ( 9+ persons ) in the same reservation at a corporate rate you won't be able to check-in online.

If you have booked yourself, arriving at the airport at 05:00 would be pretty enough and as AlicorporateUK mentioned, you would have time for a coffee and snack at the lounge.
chris63 likes this.
ISTFlyer is offline  
Old Aug 2, 19, 4:19 pm
  #11  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 22,428
I had an LO flight @ 7:50pm last Sun, it took no time for the 100E bus to get there no traffic. Had a 4pm late checkout, and didnt want to walk around and get all sweated up so I head to BUD.

I found the LO counter and I put my bag on the belt, however once she saw that I was on the 7:50pm flight and not the 5:30pm flight she told me to take my bag off and come back not before 2 hrs before departure time to check my bag. So i found a bench and sat like an idiot till 5:50 and then checked in my bag and hit the lounge. It was as if there was no ac in the 2 lounges I went into, actually it was cooler in the gate area
craz is offline  
Old Aug 3, 19, 8:45 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geneva
Programs: LX HON, AFKL Platinum, BA Gold->Blue again
Posts: 2,682
Regardless of the benefit of aircon, that is ridiculously poor service from the c/I agent.

Two hours is LO policy though.
chris63 likes this.
MichielR is online now  
Old Aug 3, 19, 11:31 am
  #13  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 968
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
Just to be clear, OP;

- Are you traveling on a group ticket ( issued by the tour ) or you have booked your ticket by your self?

If the tour agency booked a ticket for ( 9+ persons ) in the same reservation at a corporate rate you won't be able to check-in online.

If you have booked yourself, arriving at the airport at 05:00 would be pretty enough and as AlicorporateUK mentioned, you would have time for a coffee and snack at the lounge.
Just the two of us. No group. Thank you.
Kensterfly is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread