booking class in case of cash upgrade

Old Jul 30, 19, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Gold
booking class in case of cash upgrade

I am originally booked in class N deep discount premium economy, if my cash upgrade offer is accepted, in what booking class would I end up ?

(I am trying to measure my re qualification as Gold in United so I need to measure my qualifying miles....to the inch )
Old Jul 30, 19, 8:02 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
I might have remember seeing business class passengers who go upgraded with boarding passes that have the big "C" along with seat assignment in business class on them, but under class, it shows the original booking class (eg. V).

It depends on how the upgrade is processed. If done at the airport, you are simply re-seated in the Departure Control System (DCS) to a seat in business class while your underlying reservation is untouched.

If done in advance (eg. by paying fare difference), your reservation is changed to reflect the new booking class.
Old Jul 31, 19, 3:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
There are three ways to upgrade with cash:

Airport: no chnage to booking class. so no more/less miles
Fixed rate in advance using the cash upgrade facility in the booking display: the next available booking class is used. So in your case if P is open, your earnings don't change compared to N.
Upgrade bidding using myoffer: the booking class used to be mapped so that there was no difference in earning. So N used to map to P, E to Z, G to D. I think this has changed to the open booking class, but in your case either way you may get the same earning as N.

Search this Thread