Munich Senator Lounge access question

Old Jul 27, 2019, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond AMB, M&M SEN
Munich Senator Lounge access question

Dear all,

I am about to visit the Senator lounge for the first time with my partner and her daughter. We are not married and the kid is under 18 years old. I am not the biological father. As per: https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/lounge-types-and-access

Miles & More Senator card One travelling companion and children under 18

As per the rules do we need to pay for 1 extra companion or the under 18 years old kid will be allowed?
If this matters we are travelling together booked under 1 PNR.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by koriobg; Jul 27, 2019 at 10:49 am
Old Jul 27, 2019, 11:48 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No need for a paternity test. As long as you are senator and it's a child under 18 you take them in. I once went in with 4 kids: two of my own and two of my neighbours. No one batted an eyelid. One of the few remain perks as a Senator.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 11:49 am

Programs: DL DM, LH SEN, Mariott Titanium
You should have no issues, just tell the lounge dragon that you are entering with your family.
trooper and koriobg like this.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for your answers.

In such cases are the lounge dragons scanning the boarding passes of the kids / spouse?
Old Jul 27, 2019, 1:20 pm

Yes they normally scan the boarding cards - I never had an issue., even with my kid's friends
chris63 likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by koriobg
Thank you for your answers.

In such cases are the lounge dragons scanning the boarding passes of the kids / spouse?
No issue, take as many as you like into SEN lounge as SEN if they are under 18 & enjoy !
Old Jul 28, 2019, 2:26 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
They are usually very relaxed about taking kids into the lounge, so don’t worry. As ling as they are under 18, you are fine. And yes, they will scan all boarding passes.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 12:01 am
Original Poster

I was explained by the nice LD the rules, 1 adult and children.
The funny part was when I pointed my partner and said this is the adult and the 11 years old girl - the child.
She was staring at us unbelieving and asked how old is the child.
Upon answering we were admitted without further questions.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by koriobg
I was explained by the nice LD the rules, 1 adult and children.
Upon answering we were admitted without further questions.
Taking family in is a walk in the park, never had any issues. One of the important SEN benefits for me.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 1:45 am

Programs: LH HON**
Slightly OT since my post will refer to ZRH last Sunday: SEN + Partner + daughter age 14 FTL + daughter age 19 FTL (turned 19 two months ago). We were refused entry to SEN lounge due to the 19-year old no longer qualifying as a child and only having FTL status, instead the four of us were asked to go to the Business lounge.

I know that this was in line with the rules; I could have entered SEN bringing 2-3-4 younger kids, but the 18-year cap is firmly applied.

That being said, I couldn’t find the slightest difference between ZRH A-terminal Business and SEN lounges at all. Same food, same drinks, same lack of free seats.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 2:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

How did they notice she is 19? Did the scanner beep or something?
Old Jul 31, 2019, 2:47 am

Programs: LH HON**
Originally Posted by oliver2002
How did they notice she is 19? Did the scanner beep or something?
Before even scanning - lounge dragon looked at the boarding passes and then asked my daughter for her age, when my daughter answered 19, the dragon returned the boarding passes and said that she could not let us in to the SEN lounge, but that FTL status gave us all access to the Business lounge next door.

I said that she was my daughter, but the dragon was visibly not open for a conversation and we were all tired, so I did not bother to discuss further. At least the walk of shame was short...
Old Jul 31, 2019, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by Vixit
That being said, I couldn’t find the slightest difference between ZRH A-terminal Business and SEN lounges at all. Same food, same drinks, same lack of free seats.
The difference is, indeed, negligible in A.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by worldclubber

The difference is, indeed, negligible in A.
That’s really poor ! Presumably the Dragon knows that also......
Old Jul 31, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
She should have just said 18. It's not like they're going to open the passport and start counting. And even if they did, it's a kid doing a funny lie. Worst case you get asked to go back to the business lounge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.