FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Frankfurt: short connex assistance (for HON) also between two non-bus gates in A? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1980268-frankfurt-short-connex-assistance-hon-also-between-two-non-bus-gates.html)

San Gottardo Jul 26, 2019 11:13 am

Frankfurt: short connex assistance (for HON) also between two non-bus gates in A?

Arriving at the high A pier (A30 or higher), and my connecting flight leaves from A01. Neither is a bus gate. I will probably have a VERY short connection (10-15 minutes). Doable if someone picks me up with a buggy or a car and drives me to A1, otherwise impossible.

I know they provide car transfer from plane to plane when arriving or leaving on a tarmac position, but how about if both flights are at the jetty in A?

chris63 Jul 26, 2019 11:43 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo (Post 31345665)
Arriving at the high A pier (A30 or higher), and my connecting flight leaves from A01. Neither is a bus gate. I will probably have a VERY short connection (10-15 minutes). Doable if someone picks me up with a buggy or a car and drives me to A1, otherwise impossible.

I know they provide car transfer from plane to plane when arriving or leaving on a tarmac position, but how about if both flights are at the jetty in A?

HON direct ramp service should work wherever FRAPORT has the planes arriving & departing, their control room monitoring is really impressive

San Gottardo Jul 26, 2019 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 31345781)

HON direct ramp service should work wherever FRAPORT has the planes arriving & departing, their control room monitoring is really impressive

Happy to report back: it works. Arrived A36, 25 minutes before departure of my connecting flight from A1. Cayenne working, leisurely drive underneath the A Pier, I even had 5 minutes wait time at the gate before they started boarding. ^

Those are the moments HON *is* worth it.

chris63 Jul 26, 2019 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by San Gottardo (Post 31345996)

Happy to report back: it works. Arrived A36, 25 minutes before departure of my connecting flight from A1. Cayenne working, leisurely drive underneath the A Pier, I even had 5 minutes wait time at the gate before they started boarding. ^

Those are the moments HON *is* worth it.

Exactly as LH plan for those occasions & indeed it’s a huge HON benefit

sophialite Jul 26, 2019 2:07 pm

Had a 45 minute connection in MUC from LHR connecting to JFK. Inbound flight to LHR was on time, good. Flight left on time, good. Flight arrived on time in MUC, good. But our gate wasn't free, and we finally docked at a gate 20 minutes later.

Frazzled lady was waiting for us (frazzled because there were 20 other empty gates and she didn't get why the plane couldn't park somewhere else), Porsche'd it. Barely made it to JFK flight. US Passport checker was even telling us they couldn't let us through and the frazzled lady forced the matter.

It was great.

On return, my connecting flight in ZRH left for LCY... from a gate, shockingly. No car (but none was expected nor needed).

daumueller Jul 26, 2019 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 31346200)

Exactly as LH plan for those occasions & indeed it’s a huge HON benefit

they recently overdid it for me again where I arrived at A23 or so, connection on tarmac. Car was waiting and took me there. Then it took them 25 minutes until the plane was ready for me.

chris63 Jul 27, 2019 12:31 am

Originally Posted by daumueller (Post 31346488)

they recently overdid it for me again where I arrived at A23 or so, connection on tarmac. Car was waiting and took me there. Then it took them 25 minutes until the plane was ready for me.

Yes, that happens quite often, the Limo service is ontime & the turnaround of the aircraft encounters some delay but better waiting in the Porsche than a Cobus.

daumueller Jul 27, 2019 1:20 am

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 31347558)

Yes, that happens quite often, the Limo service is ontime & the turnaround of the aircraft encounters some delay but better waiting in the Porsche than a Cobus.

in Fairness, i was was in the car next to my connecting plane 10 minutes before boarding time ;)

chris63 Jul 27, 2019 9:27 am

Originally Posted by daumueller (Post 31347621)

in Fairness, i was was in the car next to my connecting plane 10 minutes before boarding time ;)

I once spent 90 minutes in the car, we arrived at the aircraft just as they found it went tech, we drove around the airport until they found a replacement aircraft :D

daumueller Jul 27, 2019 9:49 am

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 31348488)

I once spent 90 minutes in the car, we arrived at the aircraft just as they found it went tech, we drove around the airport until they found a replacement aircraft :D

was in the same boat once but took them only 10 minutes :)

chris63 Jul 27, 2019 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by daumueller (Post 31348556)

was in the same boat once but took them only 10 minutes :)

Lucky you !

10 minutes to find the spare aircraft is impressive but FRA can be during irrops, they seem to happen much less frequently at MUC which sometimes puts the MUC staff in panic mode

daumueller Jul 27, 2019 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 31349230)

Lucky you !

10 minutes to find the spare aircraft is impressive but FRA can be during irrops, they seem to happen much less frequently at MUC which sometimes puts the MUC staff in panic mode

that was actually in MUC and it was a CRJ parked right next to the original CRJ.

chris63 Jul 27, 2019 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by daumueller (Post 31349385)

that was actually in MUC and it was a CRJ parked right next to the original CRJ.

You really were lucky 🍀 ^

daumueller Jul 28, 2019 1:00 am

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 31350248)

You really were lucky 🍀 ^

i know. Then again, it was MUC-NUE. I stopped counting the number of taxi vouchers I got for cancellations on that route...

worldclubber Jul 28, 2019 1:36 am

Originally Posted by daumueller (Post 31350324)
i know. Then again, it was MUC-NUE. I stopped counting the number of taxi vouchers I got for cancellations on that route...

Since it is the shortest route in the LH system, it seems to get cancelled a lot when they are short of CRJs. Recently, LH had to get us a whole taxi van to get my family to NUE.

The route is under immense political pressure and I am wondering how long they will still fly it. :rolleyes: