FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   FTL lounge access at WAW (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1980036-ftl-lounge-access-waw.html)

bertles86 Jul 25, 2019 3:56 am

FTL lounge access at WAW

Folks,

Please can anyone tell me if any lounges at WAW in the Schengen area are available for FTLs?

The airport website is clear as mud and their email address bounces...

AlicorporateUK Jul 25, 2019 4:12 am

Polonez i.e. LOT's business lounge (if travel originates from Warsaw, then you also have access to security's fast track, the stairs leading to the lounge will be on your left after clearing security, roughly 10 metres away).

G

marcoos Jul 25, 2019 5:54 am

LOT's Polonez lounge, mentioned by AlicorporateUK just above, is available for Miles & More FTLs as long as they're flying LOT, Nordica, Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss or Brussels Airlines on a scheduled flight.

The airport's own Fantazja and Preludium lounges can be accessed by anyone for a fee of 130 zł (ca. €30) or through Priority Pass etc., it might sometimes be a better choice if Polonez is too crowded.

AlicorporateUK Jul 25, 2019 6:05 am

Good suggestion regarding the other lounges, as long as the OP is not flying late morning/early afternoon when AZ/AF/KL/AY services all depart more-or-less at the same time, which is when Fantazja tends to get fairly busy. Otherwise, a very nice lounge with views of the Marriott hotel and the traffic exiting the airport ;)

P.S.: on a slightly different note, I wonder whether there are plans for the former Ballada lounge (not that I miss it but good memories of those days!) :)

G

TomMM Jul 25, 2019 3:06 pm

I was in Lot's Lounge recently and found an interesting selection of Sushi.

ISTFlyer Jul 25, 2019 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by TomMM (Post 31342520)
I was in Lot's Lounge recently and found an interesting selection of Sushi.

Sushi is available at the Elite section which a Frequent Traveller ( refers to Star Alliance Silver ) has no access to. You should have access that section via your Star Alliance Gold ( United 1K ) card.

TomMM Jul 25, 2019 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 31342764)
Sushi is available at the Elite section which a Frequent Traveller ( refers to Star Alliance Silver ) has no access to. You should have access that section via your Star Alliance Gold ( United 1K ) card.

I did notice a lot of people being turned away at the door and when I entered I wasn't directed to the Elite section. Is there a separate entrance for FTLs?

AlicorporateUK Jul 26, 2019 1:26 am

Sushi is also available in the 'standard' lounge (i.e. Business) and the quality is rather poor* (dry and basically tasteless).

*We normally get sushi from our 'local' Sushi Chef in Warsaw so the expectation bar is set a tad higher ;)

G

AlicorporateUK Jul 26, 2019 1:29 am

Originally Posted by TomMM (Post 31343210)
I did notice a lot of people being turned away at the door and when I entered I wasn't directed to the Elite section. Is there a separate entrance for FTLs?

They won't re-direct you and there's no separate entrance for FTLs. Once 'checked-in' at the main desk, you need to head straight past the fridges and then turn right after the first food section.

G