Wiki Posts
Search

Munich Lounge Access Question [family of 4 with *G & Amex]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2019, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Munich Lounge Access Question [family of 4 with *G & Amex]

Hoping someone can help me with this:

Connecting in Munich terminal 2 going to Barcelona, which I thinks means it is a Schengen flight. Traveling with my family, so 4 of us total.

I have an American Express card which indicates that I can access the Luftansia lounge and that "some locations may allow a guest". I have Star Alliance gold, which I know entitles me and one guest access to a lounge.

The question: I am travelling with my family, 4 people in total. What is best way to get everyone lounge access? Seems like there is more than one lounge in terminal 2, some designated as Schengen and some as non-Schengen. And seems like there are multiple gate areas. Lufthansa's web site lists lounges in G and K as Schengen lounges, and then another few in terminal 2 as non-Schengen. Can I use my Amex and my Star Alliance to "double dip" and get 2 guests into one lounge, and then walk to the second lounge and go in with my other family member?

I do have priority pass as well, but seems like that is only available in T1, and with a total of 2.5 hours to connect including passport control when we arrive, probably not worth the journey and additional security screening, but let me know if that is the best bet.

Thank you all for the advice.

BJFly
Old Jul 21, 2019, 12:22 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I am going to move to LH forum as there are more experts there.
Markie - Mod, *A
Old Jul 21, 2019, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Your solution is really simple - Simply forget about lounges.

Originally Posted by BJfly
Can I use my Amex and my Star Alliance to "double dip" and get 2 guests into one lounge, and then walk to the second lounge and go in with my other family member?
No, double dipping is not allowed.

Even allowed, you won't be able to use your spot (the main patron) for your guests anyway.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 2:00 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
If you family is partner and your kids, SEN status would get them all in, other *G not.

You could guest one person into one lounge and then somebody else into another lounge. Enough LH lounges at MUC.

But distributing your family over four different LH lounges? Really? For a drink and some mediocre food? And it would be against the rules, as your guests have to leave the lounge with you.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 2:09 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
T2 Satellite (level K Schengen) has a food court in the centre where the family can easily spend time waiting for their flight.
Attached Images    
Old Jul 21, 2019, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Reason for lounge is shower access

Originally Posted by worldclubber
If you family is partner and your kids, SEN status would get them all in, other *G not.

You could guest one person into one lounge and then somebody else into another lounge. Enough LH lounges at MUC.

But distributing your family over four different LH lounges? Really? For a drink and some mediocre food? And it would be against the rules, as your guests have to leave the lounge with you.
The driving reason for wanting lounge access is to hit the showers after the overnight transatlantic leg. I am not opposed to a drink and mediocre food. Thank you for explaining the options and also for clarifying the rules.

BJFly
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by BJfly
The driving reason for wanting lounge access is to hit the showers after the overnight transatlantic leg. I am not opposed to a drink and mediocre food. Thank you for explaining the options and also for clarifying the rules.

BJFly
MUC is one of the better airports concerning public showers:

https://www.munich-airport.com/shower-787635
mmff likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 1:24 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by worldclubber
MUC is one of the better airports concerning public showers:

https://www.munich-airport.com/shower-787635
Indeed. Two people can use showers in a Senator Lounge while two other members of the family can use public showers which can be found on Level K (Schengen) and Level L (non-Schengen) of the T2 Satellite.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
If you are traveling with children and if the kids are small ( younger than 10 ), try your shot at the lounge. The lounge staff may grant access for all of your family as an exception.

Another option is to purchase access to the Lufthansa Business Lounge via Loungebuddy. But that would cost $78 per person ( excluding yourself and one guest ).
Old Jul 24, 2019, 5:20 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
@BJfly: there are some experience reports abou Amex Plats trying to pay for lounge acess for guests here: Amex Centurion/Plat access to LH/LX FCL/SEN lounges
Old Jul 25, 2019, 5:21 am

Programs: LH SEN, AF gold, HHdiamond
If your layover is remarkable (and after a TATL flight) ...well i would consider the following...there are 2 senator lounges at G level. I would kind ask the lounge staff, if rejected i would ask someone coming to the lounge to take them as a guest. (x2)
anyhow it's always nice to ask politely and if it not works...well let's remember we travel for enjoying and as other posted there are many food courts and options in G and L gates.. nice trip and good luck ;-)
Old Jul 25, 2019, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by lacoca
If your layover is remarkable
Well, we don't know if it's going to be remarkable yet (a long one for sure), but fingers crossed for the OP

G
Old Jul 27, 2019, 9:27 am
Original Poster

2 1/2 hours

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Well, we don't know if it's going to be remarkable yet (a long one for sure), but fingers crossed for the OP

G
My connection is 2 1/2 hours. Not sure how much of that time will be used up just clearing passport control and security and walking. After arriving on an overnight from the US, we will be a bit tired and likely more than a bit grungy.

Thank you all,
BJFly
Old Jul 27, 2019, 10:03 am

Assuming no major delays, you will most likely have plenty of time before your next fight. Sorry, I hadn’t read upthread and wasn’t aware of the two-and-a-half hour layover.

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.