FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Same-day flight changes on Lufthansa (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1979204-same-day-flight-changes-lufthansa.html)

oat327 Jul 19, 2019 11:08 am

Same-day flight changes on Lufthansa

I'm traveling on Lufthansa next month from Europe to the USA with two stops (and two long layovers), and I was wondering what their same-day change policy was. I'm Star Alliance Gold through United, flying in Economy, fare class L. Our first two legs, changing in Munich and then Charlotte, are on Lufthansa, and our last leg is domestic on United. Ideally, we'd want to try to rebook onto a direct flight home to the US from Munich.

Not the end of the world if we're stuck with our current itinerary, but just so I know what to expect. Thanks!

chris63 Jul 19, 2019 11:11 am

Originally Posted by oat327 (Post 31321000)
I'm traveling on Lufthansa next month from Europe to the USA with two stops (and two long layovers), and I was wondering what their same-day change policy was. I'm Star Alliance Gold through United, flying in Economy, fare class L. Our first two legs, changing in Munich and then Charlotte, are on Lufthansa, and our last leg is domestic on United. Ideally, we'd want to try to rebook onto a direct flight home to the US from Munich.

Not the end of the world if we're stuck with our current itinerary, but just so I know what to expect. Thanks!

Not a chance unless the flight you are booked on is overbooked & that’s very unlikely with LH.

KP2006 Jul 19, 2019 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by oat327 (Post 31321000)

You will only be able to change per the rules of your ticket, most likely for a fee. The only exception would be significant flight delays on the day of travel or overbooking situations (unlikely). Lufthansa does not allow same day changes like some carriers allow for domestic travel, although Lufthansa has introduced some fares that allow same day changes, but I have not seen them on transatlantic flights.

oat327 Jul 19, 2019 5:37 pm

Too bad! Was hoping they had a policy more like United—thanks for the help!

athome Jul 19, 2019 8:22 pm

As far as I am aware, United is much more flexible, but does not allow a change from a IAH - EWR - FRA flight to IAH - FRA at the day of departure on a cheap, restricted Y-fare neither.

fl1ger Jul 20, 2019 3:51 am

Moin!

Originally Posted by athome (Post 31322570)
As far as I am aware, United is much more flexible, but does not allow a change from a IAH - EWR - FRA flight to IAH - FRA at the day of departure on a cheap, restricted Y-fare neither.

They actually allow that if the same booking class is still available, and if the flight has space they open up even cheap booking classes close to departure. I used that for mile optimisation sometimes. There is a wiki on the exact rules at:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...ions-wiki.html

So long
-Ralf

now of course it is only free to their status members (Gold and above).

theboss7593 Jun 22, 2021 11:10 am

OS CO-Terminal Flight Change

Am looking to book ZNY-VIE flight, EWR-VIE is $1,098 but flying out of JFK (which is preferred for me on this particular trip) is $3,875 is there a way to do a Same-Day Co-Terminal Change or something along those lines? Or something else one can do prior to booking?

ISTFlyer Jun 22, 2021 11:44 am

Originally Posted by theboss7593 (Post 33348343)
Am looking to book ZNY-VIE flight, EWR-VIE is $1,098 but flying out of JFK (which is preferred for me on this particular trip) is $3,875 is there a way to do a Same-Day Co-Terminal Change or something along those lines? Or something else one can do prior to booking?

No, the Lufthansa Group does not offer same-day-free changes or something similar like other US carriers offers to their passengers.
The only way to handle this change is to pay the fare difference or during a schedule change/cancellation ask to be moved from EWR to JFK which would be handled for free at that time.

fast passenger Oct 19, 2022 1:22 am

A data point for the benefit of future Googlers:

I was able to do this last week on a Business Flex ticket. I was booked on a 20:50 FRA-TIA flight, but my connection (separate booking) arrived in time for me to switch to the 12:00. I wasn't able to rebook within the app, but it was quick to so in person at the main business check in area outside of Z gates.

I don't know if this is possible for all Flex tickets, but it was for mine.

flyingfkb Oct 21, 2022 6:35 am

Originally Posted by fast passenger (Post 34692420)
A data point for the benefit of future Googlers:

I was able to do this last week on a Business Flex ticket. .

That's why it is called Business Flex. You can change bookings free of charge (IMHO only if you stay at same booking class but still)