Wiki Posts
Search

Alcohol from iah to fra

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2019, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: hhonors
Alcohol from an to fra

searched the forums and found old info. We are flying in ecomony plus nonstop from iah to fra. Is there free wine or vodka during the flight? I was planning to bring a couple of small bottles but realize that you cannot pour your own drink or am I wrong?
Old Jul 18, 2019, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: hhonors
Alcohol from iah to fra

searched the forums and found old info. We are flying in ecomony plus nonstop from iah to fra. Is there free wine or vodka during the flight? I was planning to bring a couple of small bottles but realize that you cannot pour your own drink or am I wrong?
Old Jul 18, 2019, 9:20 pm

Programs: LH HON, SQ QPPS, QR Gold, Sixt Diamond
Lufthansa serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages in all travel classes.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 11:24 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
To answer your second question: you are not allowed to pour your own alcohol.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No spirits in LH Y at all right as is on short haul? I've never flown LH Y long haul for obvious reasons.

BArb will let you pour your own alcohol, within reason.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 6:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Both short- and longhaul Y serve alcohol, the longhaul selection is a bit more extensive (various hard liquors and things like baileys). Shorthaul is beer and wine.
hugolover and mmff like this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: EBD , FBG
Great thing about lufty short haul is that they serve beer by the bottles, which is unusual for airlines. Not on long haul though, where it’s served in cans...
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Kleffen
Great thing about lufty short haul is that they serve beer by the bottles, which is unusual for airlines. Not on long haul though, where it’s served in cans...
Well, if that beer in the bottle is Warsteiner, I rather prefer the Carlsberg out of a can.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:51 am

Programs: Watergate
Originally Posted by worldclubber
To answer your second question: you are not allowed to pour your own alcohol.
A good workaround to this is to drink directly from the bottle.
nancypants and Internaut like this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by RichardNixon
A good workaround to this is to drink directly from the bottle.
Which is possible, but doesn't solve the problem that consumption of alcohol not "administered" by the crew is not permitted on many airlines. A number of airlines explicitly mention that as part of their briefing after boarding now. See for example here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31315046-post9.html
Old Jul 19, 2019, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by fassy
Well, if that beer in the bottle is Warsteiner, I rather prefer the Carlsberg out of a can.
I agree and would never buy/drink Warsteiner when there is a decent alternative. However, when I came back from a long trip to parts of the world where beer is not part of the local tradition, I had a Warsteiner on the short-haul connecting flight back home recently and found it to be better than I had remembered. When calibrated right (by really bad beer for weeks) and desperate enough for a German-style beer, it can do the trick.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by tantuti
Are you flying Economy Plus on United or Premium Economy on LH? Makes a difference ...
mmff likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 2:51 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by worldclubber
I agree and would never buy/drink Warsteiner when there is a decent alternative. However, when I came back from a long trip to parts of the world where beer is not part of the local tradition, I had a Warsteiner on the short-haul connecting flight back home recently and found it to be better than I had remembered. When calibrated right (by really bad beer for weeks) and desperate enough for a German-style beer, it can do the trick.
I'll take a Warsteiner any day over the Heineken rubbish KL forces on me.
OK still cater Pilsner Urquell, which is pretty good, though they are BoB in Y of course. I think that is still the best I've had on board, though I've had better in different lounges.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I'll take a Warsteiner any day over the Heineken rubbish KL forces on me.
OK still cater Pilsner Urquell, which is pretty good, though they are BoB in Y of course. I think that is still the best I've had on board, though I've had better in different lounges.
Depends on what you are looking for. NZ has some really decent craft beers at their lounges, and UA serves Goose Island. Warsteiner may not be the worst, but it is not a good ambassador of German beer culture either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.