Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I could have made that connection!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2019, 3:55 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
EU261/2004 does apply here. Fortunately for you because you were on a connecting flight and you encountered IIROPS, then the threshold is as low as 1 hour (but you only get €125 instead of €250 for two hours). As you got to your destination between 2-4 hours after then you are entitled to compensation. Please apply to LH and insist if they fob you off. I’m sure they will tell you the inbound was held due to ATC restrictions, which is their usual excuse and then doesn’t mean they have to pay out and hope you go away. They have to prove to you it’s an ATC restriction, if they don’t then contact your consumer protection authority and take things from there.
roberino likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 7:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by fassy

The hard part is, you never know if you will need a G to K/L transfer or not. If your flight arrives in K/L and leaves K/L, all good. Same for G/G connections but like I had last time, arriving H via bus from remote stand, leaving K via bus to a remote stand... that is stressful.
Come again? K/L gates don't have any busing it's all jetways. The bus gate terminal in the satellite is J but that is not in operation.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Come again? K/L gates don't have any busing it's all jetways. The bus gate terminal in the satellite is J but that is not in operation.
True, just looked it up. Was K28. So, no bus... But was still running (incoming from a remote stand to H/non-Schengen arrivals) and arrived at the gate short of a heart attack
Old Jul 10, 2019, 9:09 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fassy
So, for me MUC has lost first place to ZRH and CPH, second to WAW and VIE and is now on 3rd place close to FRA on 4th. I find FRA not too frustrating, for me it works out most of the time just fine. Even with reasonable short connections.
I don’t have enough experience of WAW, VIE and CPH, but our preference or dislike must depend on the type of connections we make. Connecting from the UK (a clean non-Schengen country), my preference is still MUC where flights from the UK always arrive clean whether via a jetbridge or a bus gate. ZRH is ok for connecting to a Schengen destination (which I don’t often do as attractive European discount business fares are no more) but if connecting from an E gate it’s either a security check on arrival in E or passport control twice. FRA is almost always a pain except on rare occasions when ex-UK flights arrive in Z or AEUW.

Originally Posted by iLied
EU261/2004 does apply here. Fortunately for you because you were on a connecting flight and you encountered IIROPS, then the threshold is as low as 1 hour (but you only get €125 instead of €250 for two hours). As you got to your destination between 2-4 hours after then you are entitled to compensation. Please apply to LH and insist if they fob you off. I’m sure they will tell you the inbound was held due to ATC restrictions, which is their usual excuse and then doesn’t mean they have to pay out and hope you go away. They have to prove to you it’s an ATC restriction, if they don’t then contact your consumer protection authority and take things from there.
Yes, the OP should qualify for EC261/2004 compensation. According to FR24 LH949 yesterday landed at 09:07. LH.com gives the arrival time (door opened?) at 09:36. The inbound landed ahead of time, so ATC restrictions cannot possibly apply.
chris63 and iLied like this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 3:00 pm

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
l
Yes, the OP should qualify for EC261/2004 compensation. According to FR24 LH949 yesterday landed at 09:07. LH.com gives the arrival time (door opened?) at 09:36. The inbound landed ahead of time, so ATC restrictions cannot possibly apply.
I imagine that LH will give this as an excuse to avoid paying out money and hope the OP just walks away, knowing that it exempts them from paying out. Weather would be hard to argue in this case although wouldn’t surprise me if that is the cat they pull out of the bag either.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 6:54 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AS MVP Gold
My wife and I recently had a similar experience flying LH from SEA --> FRA --> OSL, but missed our 1 hour 40 minute connection not because our incoming flight was delayed but because we had to transfer from B to A and passport control / security were incredible messes. After getting through security and running through the A terminal to A38, we were told it wasn't possible to board even though the gate was still open (10 minutes before scheduled departure). We presume our seats had been given away since we were inside LH's 15 minute window. They put us on standby for the next flight 2 hours later, but we didn't end up getting on a plane until the last flight of the night to Oslo around 9 pm, along with 10 or so other travelers that had been in our same position.

LH thus far has been very unhelpful, since their presumption has been we wasted time getting to our connection and that it's the airport's fault security was backed up. Do we have any leg to stand on for compensation under EU261/2004? We haven't been able to find a definitive answer for this scenario.

Either way, LH customer service did not impress us between this and their responses to issues with our reservation/seats disappearing for the return flight, though thankfully we clear it up in advance of the flight. Their responses all came back to the suggestion we not miss our connection in the future. Great advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.