FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   LH Multicarrier baggage allowance on LH ticket (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1977074-lh-multicarrier-baggage-allowance-lh-ticket.html)

cbourl Jul 7, 2019 1:02 am

LH Multicarrier baggage allowance on LH ticket

Hi Can anyone help?
Have a LH Business Class ticket with QF flights included to europe returning to AU via USA
QF website shows 3x32KG bags ADL-SYD-HKG-ZRH-TLV/ZRH-FRA-JFK then 2 x32 KG EWR-SFO-SYD/SYD-ADL
QF flights are ADL-SYD,SYD-HKG, SYD-ADL
As ticket is via USA and most significant carrier is QF, QF baggage allowance should apply entire trip?
So every year I have the same ticket and even though i stop in SYD they always fight with me at SYD Domestic QF C checkin about baggage allowance -they say only domestic baggage applies even though SYD-ADL is included on internationa lticket -
So i want to buy an addiditonal bag SYD-ADL on QF in Business - 1 mont hago I extra 32 KG bag was $50 thought I d wait as not leaving unti la months or so time - today checked and this 1x32 KG bag SYD-ADL has changed from$50 to $150 - this is exorbitant and why the change this month? QF call centre in South Africa hopeless and ititialy told me I could have 2x23KG bags when i gave them my booking reference Bla bla bla its a LH ticket I asked them to look at QF website and the nthey said 2x32 KG SYD-ADL and online price is what applies - will it help if I query this with QFF call centre (as a silver stil lhad t owait on hold for 2 hours today and QFF isnt open Sundays) ?

cbourl Jul 13, 2019 4:29 am

Every time ive called qantas in the past 3 weeks wait times have been told I have t owait several hours -request a call back which usually arrives after 2230 and wakes me up even after midnight shameless!!! Not even United would do this in the middle of Hurricane Irene! Shame on you qantas you are truly a 4th world airline! (A First World business that pretends it is 1st world and is in fact worse than a 3rd world business that doesnt pretend it is first world !) who is truly sick of the Qantas callcentre using now poor South Africans in Kapstadt Pleas eLufthansa/Swiss MKAE VA a connecting partner to Star Alliance Airlines to connect to LH/LX on your fares from Australia! Purchased an additional bag from SYD-ADL on a LH/LX ticket where Qantas is Major SignificantCarrier via USA and Qantas don't recognize their own baggage allowance according to their website so i need extra 32kg bag on a business class airfare - Kaspstat agent solved this for me a week ago but still not receipt Calling tonite and qantas can see no reciecpt issued atfer a week - shameless! What happended to my Ansettt Star Alliance airline into/out of AU? Now qantas tell me that they cannot issue this additional baggage as per their website at it is a Lufthansa ticket and they do not interline with any Star Alliance airlines I must purchase additional baggage at the irport at website rate - $45 they cant even send me an email to confirm this!

MichielR Jul 13, 2019 5:40 am

AN went broke a long time ago.

Also, I think it would help if you would try and locate the comma (,) and period (.) on your keyboard before starting to type your rant.

Often1 Jul 13, 2019 5:46 am

OP - Unfortunately, your two posts do not make much sense. It would be helpful if you would rewrite them in a simple and direct manner with only the facts germane to your issue. Perhaps ask a friend or relative to read the post before you do so.