Farewell, Rimowa in F?

Old Jul 6, 19, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Farewell, Rimowa in F?

Is LH planning to bring Rimowa kits? Looks like even during slow season only "improved" cheap kits are offered.
Old Jul 6, 19, 5:07 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by ACR2013 View Post
Is LH planning to bring Rimowa kits? Looks like even during slow season only "improved" cheap kits are offered.
In the past, they used to have them in spring.

Unfortunately predictions are difficult, as they involve the future.
chris63 and N1003U like this.
Old Jul 6, 19, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post

In the past, they used to have them in spring.

Fall as well. But there was none for a year now. I don`t have a use for new kits, they are the worst (second worst were Jill Sander). Why don`t just stick to Rimowa all the time to make passengers happy...with different colors every season.
Old Jul 6, 19, 5:25 pm

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
But there was none for a year now. I don`t have a use for new kits, they are the worst (second worst were Jill Sander). Why don`t just stick to Rimowa all the time to make passengers happy...with different colors every season.
Completely agree, Rimowa are universally liked, it’s got to be down to cost...
Old Jul 6, 19, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chris63 View Post

Completely agree, Rimowa are universally liked, it’s got to be down to cost...
LH cut the cost in F already...food has been always so-so (compared to SQ, JAL, and many more), carpet don`t get cleaned for ages, etc, etc. Rimowa kits were a highlights of those, let`s be honest, mediocre flights. I am refusing to flight until Rimowa is back. Sapphire, Opal colors. would be nice..don`t care if they have anything inside either
Old Jul 6, 19, 5:43 pm

LH cut the cost in F already...food has been always so-so (compared to SQ, JAL, and many more), carpet don`t get cleaned for ages, etc, etc. Rimowa kits were a highlights of those, let`s be honest, mediocre flights. I am refusing to flight until Rimowa is back. Sapphire, Opal colors. would be nice..don`t care if they have anything inside either
Yes, LH has cut costs too much in F, they have served very cheap Champagne & Wine, the product is now getting old & tired, LX F is a better product, you may never fly LH F again, if your waiting for Rimowa kits to come back but we can always hope
Old Jul 6, 19, 10:27 pm

Programs: LH FT, AA Plat
I also don't like their generic bags and products. I still like LH F, but it's getting dated. I'd rather see some major improvement in LH Lounges, those are the worst, most depressing places I've ever been to. Dull, corporate, lifeless places with prepackaged food trying to pass as "fresh".
Old Jul 7, 19, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by mevr View Post
I also don't like their generic bags and products. I still like LH F, but it's getting dated. I'd rather see some major improvement in LH Lounges, those are the worst, most depressing places I've ever been to. Dull, corporate, lifeless places with prepackaged food trying to pass as "fresh".
The current SINN watch box is quite nice & the Escada tablet bag was good.

I presume your not talking about LH F lounges which are amongst the very best F lounges.
Old Jul 7, 19, 1:21 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Now I am a bit concerned. It seems I have been sitting in the wrong lounges for some years now.
Old Jul 7, 19, 1:22 am

Fall as well. But there was none for a year now. I don`t have a use for new kits, they are the worst (second worst were Jill Sander). Why don`t just stick to Rimowa all the time to make passengers happy...with different colors every season.
I really like the Rimowa kits, but have to say that I appreciate the seasonal change of kits, as long as they are good quality and as long as Rimowa are in the mix. Just like I prefer the regular change of bubbles, as long as they are high quality bubbles.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jul 7, 19, 1:24 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
It gives me hope, that the spirit and humor (or at least quotes) of the pure scientist and absent-minded professor are still alive in a few people...
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jul 7, 19, 1:26 am

This can only mean you have not boom to a lot of lounges. LH FCLs are top notch and most of their SEN lounges are much better than most contract lounges and many lounges of other airlines.

Is there room for improvement? Absolutely! But “the worst” seems like a gross exaggeration.

chris63 and N1003U like this.
Old Jul 7, 19, 1:28 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle *, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, 1865 Voyager
As I was told by purser 1 week ago, after Rimowa become part of Louis Vuitton, the co-operation with amenity kits was terminated.
Most probably LVMH did just not agree with previous condition and LH did not like the LVMH conditions (if there was any at all).
Old Jul 7, 19, 1:31 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle *, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, 1865 Voyager
Hmm,

next time you enter to lounge, look carefully!
By your description you was not in LH lounges
At least not in their own FCT, FCL and also SEN lounges
Old Jul 7, 19, 2:38 am

Programs: LH HON

We are talking about First Class lounges right...?

Search this Thread